The online racing simulator
there is only 1 thing i can say make your team skins private and not public
Quote from speedboy86 :there is only 1 thing i can say make your team skins private and not public

And how would you do that?
Quote from speedboy86 :there is only 1 thing i can say make your team skins private and not public

As long as they are uploaded on LFSW, nothing prevents people from searching in their skins_x folder, find them back, and convert them from dds to jpg.
`·.,¸,.·*¯`·.,¸,.·*¯[;;(。◕‿‿◕。)
This occasionally comes up and the result is always the same. You or anyone else can't really do anything about it. The only thing you can do is take this as a form of flattery.
Quote from Bean0 :Whole different kettle of fish.

It's all legal-ese, but this seems to indicate that using brand logos on LFS skins may well be above board.

lol. i didn't know Newcastle fell under U.S. Law.
Quote from dadge :lol. i didn't know Newcastle fell under U.S. Law.

I imagine various laws apply, that aspergers dude is fighting extradition because he broke US law.

It's very confusing and a somewhat grey area. A US company would most likely choose to have any case heard in a court local to them
i thought the "LOL" at the start of my post would be a clear indication that i was joking. maybe i'll add a smiley next time.
solotion that will not get ur skin stolen or edited by random ppl: dont upload them to lfsw. just send them to ur friends that u drive with the most/team members/clubmembers.. they see it.. no one else see it. and this isnt happening.

btw.. this shit happens very often in lfs. if someone likes ur work and they steal it.. just take it of lfsw. rename the skin and the old skinfile with the stolen name upload that one with some edited text on sides etc..

trust me.. he wont do it again..
you should take it as a compliment. someone likes your work. be proud of that.
Christ, if no one could take an idea and imitate or expand on it then we wouldn't have any culture or vibrancy of life to speak of.
Quote from Nicce :solotion that will not get ur skin stolen or edited by random ppl: dont upload them to lfsw. just send them to ur friends that u drive with the most/team members/clubmembers.. they see it.. no one else see it. and this isnt happening.

btw.. this shit happens very often in lfs. if someone likes ur work and they steal it.. just take it of lfsw. rename the skin and the old skinfile with the stolen name upload that one with some edited text on sides etc..

trust me.. he wont do it again..

Won't work in the OP's case. The file was edited and re-uploaded under another name.
Quote :I imagine various laws apply, that aspergers dude is fighting extradition because he broke US law.

Not strictly true. The US are trying to extradite him because he broke into a computer on their soil. If it'd been a computer in the UK he would have been tried here. (IMO he shouldn't be extradited or even prosecuted for this, he's clearly harmless and made a mistake).
Quote from hazaky :That's exactly what i was thinking ...

I doubt that the original skin creator has right/permissions to use those decals. So sueing someone for copying your illegal sking is a bit akward.
#40 - Davo
I think the copied skin has improved on the original.
Quote from Keling :Won't work in the OP's case. The file was edited and re-uploaded under another name.

ye saw that..
:/ for last time he is a S2 user!!! :@ i see him on S1 server
You can report this activity here.
Quote from geeman1 :This occasionally comes up and the result is always the same. You or anyone else can't really do anything about it. The only thing you can do is take this as a form of flattery.

Yup I agree with the G Man.

Seriously, OP - you're crying over nothing. Seriously if you're this pissed off about this then you need to go out more.
Facebook really pays your for advertising it in your hood?

By the way, just reported the situation to the local police, hope they can solve this for you.
wow a lot of help ¬¬
I bet that skin u want to report is older than ur skin...
LFS should add a watermark of the skin for each skin that is in the folder x_skin

So if someon wanna stole your skin it can, but when hes gona use it the watermark it whould be present all over the skin.

I think is the most easy solution
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG