The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Look good but I would stick with a similar silver, you'd be surprised at just how good that "usual" color looks when fresh.

Failing that, pink, just not black!
pink wheels why not everyone will think you're manly as hell

just get a hella dark window tint
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Do you mean am I going to paint the tow hook red, or are you asking if I'm going to fit an actual tow bar?

Yeah fail on my part, paint both tow hooks red
This is our family car, me driving
Quote from S14 DRIFT :'Nuff said really.

http://www.swgmotorsport.com/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=191

SHOULD I?!?

Quote from Jakg :Yes, but find somewhere a little less tacky.

Mine just turned up today.../

Quote from S14 DRIFT :The only place to fit one in the Mk5 is down by the ashtray (THUS YOU HAVE TO LOOK DOWN) or here in the vent. There is one on the wheel but this can only be fitted on the GTI's I believe..

Quote from Jakg :Not have an analogue clock you could replace? It's what i'll be doing...

(mine turned up broken )

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Don't have an analouge clock, this is the 21st century baby! To be honest having one built into part of the original dials, perhaps in with the time etc would be really cool but way, way too much hassle.

Necro-reply, but finally got round to doing it (amongst a million other jobs for today)

(in response to the link you posted)to tune your sound to its best, get some bass test audio and tweak the gains until you get the clearest sound. bass will travel through your car but mids and tops just bounce of objects.
turn your stereo to a volume that you would most use and set the bass to such an extent that it isn't the most dominant sound coming from the speaker. because bass is omnidirectional, you don't need much of it to get the rich sounds you are looking for. you don't want to hear any vibrations from the car other than the bass. once you get vibrations from the car, your sound will be distorted and spending all that cash for better quality sound will be nothing but a waste.
Jakg...Is that a boost gauge?
i would agree that it could seem a bit pointless. but i do understand why they are popular. i'd say that the gauge is a good buy and it has a purpose.
Quote from dadge :i would agree that it could seem a bit pointless. but i do understand why they are popular. i'd say that the gauge is a good buy and it has a purpose.

Of course it has its purpose.... on tuned car running high boost. My cars running 300bhp, at 17psi. I use the boost gauge to make sure I'm not getting mental overboosting or the boost isnt all over the place... but on a standard derv...?
Quote from dadge :(in response to the link you posted)to tune your sound to its best, get some bass test audio and tweak the gains until you get the clearest sound. bass will travel through your car but mids and tops just bounce of objects.
turn your stereo to a volume that you would most use and set the bass to such an extent that it isn't the most dominant sound coming from the speaker. because bass is omnidirectional, you don't need much of it to get the rich sounds you are looking for. you don't want to hear any vibrations from the car other than the bass. once you get vibrations from the car, your sound will be distorted and spending all that cash for better quality sound will be nothing but a waste.

At some point I have to properly scope my system, but because it changes so much I just haven't got round to it yet.
Quote from mcgas001 :Jakg...Is that a boost gauge?

Yes - I hate analogue clocks, and I thought a boost gauge might give me a little more useful information.
Quote from mcgas001 :but on a standard derv...?

My car is in no way standard (although the engine isn't mega modded), but I just thought it would be interesting to see when the turbo kicked in, especially from an economy perspective.
a boost is a boost. it can also show how much boost he's not getting if his turbo ever breaks or shows signs of breaking.
and let's be honest dude, you're not the one who has to look at it every time you drive so each to their own i guess. i thought he did a tidy install and the boost gauge works.
Quote from dadge :i would agree that it could seem a bit pointless. but i do understand why they are popular. i'd say that the gauge is a good buy and it has a purpose.

I am just lazy and have my 120mm test gauge laying on my passenger floor . They have their purposes, I learned my truck was only pushing 3psi so I bumped it up to 12 with a better wastegate actuator. Brought it back to what It was supposed to be.
2nd place for me yesterday at the drift cup

Also blew a coolant hose, made my car smoke inside all day
Quote from lukelfs :Yeah fail on my part, paint both tow hooks red

I need to repaint both because the paint has been ripped off by use (the rear most importantly as it is growing surface rust) but was thinking black rather than red. Did toy with the idea of red, but everyone and their mum does that now.

Quote from Nadeo4441 :This is our family car, me driving

Nice Mk6, done any tweaks to it? And do you have a still of those wheels? They look pretty cool in motion.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Nice Mk6, done any tweaks to it? And do you have a still of those wheels? They look pretty cool in motion.

Nope, no tweaks. Here's a still shot:

Nadeo please stop uploading only half a photo, most irritating.

Jack, looks nice actually. People say they're useless but they're actually great at a) showing off and b) being able to keep an eye on your turbo. Over or underboosting can be spotted before it causes damage. Not sure if you've had yours remapped but even so it's a nice feature especially if it integrates into the car dash like that.
Quote from Scrabby :2nd place for me yesterday at the drift cup

Also blew a coolant hose, made my car smoke inside all day

same happened to me on track day,end of the day last lap,i get out to pits and im just rolling, started smoking like crazy.upper rad hose blew up,it was sunday 6 pm..so i duct taped it and filled up with water,next day i changed it
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Nope, no tweaks. Here's a still shot:

[Esco]

Very nice wheels. Suit the car. Maybe be even more fitting on a Mk5 front end, but do like them.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Nadeo please stop uploading only half a photo, most irritating

He isn't, your phone just doesn't let you view the whole image.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Nadeo please stop uploading only half a photo, most irritating.

I'm sorry, but what do you mean? Does the pic not load for you? I'm going to move them from tinypic to my webserver...
I'm on the PC, nice try Physcoman
works fine for me.
Quote from Bawbag :Look good but I would stick with a similar silver, you'd be surprised at just how good that "usual" color looks when fresh.

Failing that, pink, just not black!

Agreed, this was my wheels the day I got them back
Attached images
New polo 001.JPG
Thanks, buddy! I may sell up next month but it all depends on how my insurance renewal comes through, though I think I would regret selling the Polo if I did
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG