The online racing simulator
46 -Laurynas Matonis - prOmo_LTU - Genuine racing - Lithuania
Thanks for organising the races TEM i enjoyed them

The last round of the Tiger Express Z30 Festival took place on the longest layout of PMD’s open configurations pack, Kyoto International GT Long(KY33). Even with LFS’ second fastest ever car – the FO8 – no one could lap this layout in less than 3 minutes and 12 seconds.

The race was dominated by poleman Rudy van Buren and 4th place starter Simon Cattell. The latter managed to pass both Matias Pikkarainen and Philip Ellis in the opening corners, and chased his Dutch ineX team-mate for the whole race, without ever managing to make a pass. Van Buren eventually won, 4 tenths in front of Cattell, with the two of them also sharing the fastest lap of the race(3:12:64). Philip Ellis completes the podium after a lonely race in 3rd, and makes an ineX Racing 1-2-3.
Matias Pikkarainen(spdo Racing) and Phil Diaz(ineX Racing) round up the top 5 after a rather uneventful race for both.

Things were a bit more difficult for the championship contenders. After a difficult qualifying session(8th), Joe Holmes span at lap 1 and dropped to 10th, putting his championship chances under danger. Fortunately for him, his team-mate Teemu Iivonen wasn’t in a good day, and blew his last chances in a spin from 4th at lap 4. Both ineX cars were nose to tail while Teemu recovered, but the Finish driver managed to pull away from Joe, taking 6th, while the young Englishman settled in 7th and secured the title.

The top 10 is completed by season long mid-field animators: Martin Kapal(Angel Power Racing), Yann Laprevotte(Tiger Express Motorsports) and Ditlev Errebo(DABAR Racing).

At the drivers’ championship, ineX succeeded to have 5 of their drivers in the top 5. Joe Holmes becomes champion of the Tiger Express Z30 Festival with 1 win and 3 podiums. The Englishman started the season on a high with a win in the STD round 1, and then managed to capitalise on that victory to control his team-mates’ return. Season long challenger Teemu Iivonen takes 2nd(4 podiums), in front of Simon Cattell(1 podium), who saved his season in the last round. Phil Diaz is 4th with 1 podium, while Rudy van Buren finished his rather “all-or-nothing” season(3 wins and 2 retirements in 5 races) in 5th place. “Best of the rest” is Matias Pikkarainen(spdo Racing, 1 win) in 6th, in front of Dennis Lind(Dennis .Inc, 1 win, 3 podiums), Yann Laprevotte(Tiger Express Motorsports), Ditlev Errebo(DABAR RAcing) and Martin Kapal(Angel Power Racing).

With no surprise ineX Racing comes on top of the teams’ championship, with almost 2 times more points than their closest rival. It wasn’t totally a Sunday drive for them though, with very tough opposition at times(Kliaudaitis, Lind, Pikkarainen, Kööts). ineX still managed to get an amazing record of 4 wins and 13 podiums in 6 races, a fabulous performance. Being them comes the group for 2nd place with spdo Racing(1 win, 2 podiums), Tiger Express Motorsports and Angel Power Racing. 1 car entry Dennis .inc(1 win, 3 podiums) completes the top 5.

Standings | Some pictures

Full article with drivers quotes on www.tigerexpress.net
The administration's last words...
Right. Just a quick post to thank evenryone for showing up this season. As an admins' point of vue, it was probably one of the best league I ever had to administrate, with a good spirit, great standards, a steady turn-up, few controversies and incidents.

62 drivers took part in at least one race, making up grids from 22 to 32 cars at each race. Moreover, standards were remarkably high up front, with many top MoE/IGTC class guys involved - though midfield standards were slightly weak in most rounds.

Congratulations to Joe Holmes and ineX Racing for their title. Special mention to ineX for maintaining a great turn-up, and putting big efforts in the league from start to finish, despite having little constant oposition of their skills. They were rewarded nicely of their efforts though: they totally overpowered the championship, taking 4 wins and 13 podiums in 6 races, and locking the drivers' championship top 5. Well done to them.

There is a possibility to have a second season during Summer, even though it mainly depends on real life and the community's shape. Meanwhile, feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions on the matter, especially on combos. Qualifying procedure, points system and ragequit penalties are already set to be changed, for the record.
Thank you Yann for the orga. We enjoyed it and it was fun to drive something "new".
Yeah! if there someday comes next one of this, I will be @ Round 1 with well practised
It has been an absolute pleasure to take part in the Tiger Express Motorsports Z30 Racing Festival.

Was great fun to try some managed and serious racing on some new layouts. Excellent administration by Yann and a big thanks to Phil for designing the new layouts.

Wasn't too sure on some of the combinations, but I always ended up being pleasantly surprised. Had great fun in every round, even though my results weren't fantastic. I already knew from the beginning, that I wouldn't have a chance to compete with the top part of the field. Considering that, I'm quite pleased with my overall result, even though round 4 obviously (Vettel style) didn't go as planned.

Once again, thanks to Yann for organizing this series of great races. If a new season starts, I'll definitely be here again.

And congratulations to Joe and the rest of the ineX members - impressive performance!
Awesome league, like you say the standard was great and the grids were always very full.
I hope we see more leagues like this in the future!
Great league. The new ideas for nearly every aspect of the league was what made it so awesome.

I'll reply back with some schedule ideas. But maybe adding BTCC style TBO round would be cool. Or even 2 race style with full reverse grid.
Quote from PMD9409 :But maybe adding BTCC style TBO round would be cool. Or even 2 race style with full reverse grid.

As you might have noticed we have been rather conservative on season 1's schedule. One race only in 4 events out of 5, no reversed grids. The reason why, well, 2 leagues out of the 3 we organised in 2010 (BnJ Revival, iXFGTi Championship) have been close to crashfests at times, partly due to event format and track selection, so we wanted to make sure that this one would be all good and clean.

It did work very well, apart from the round 1 shenanigans, I don't think anyone could complain on the driving standards.

We could therefore decide to spice the things up a bit for next season. Maybe something like one race for half of the events, two for the other half, with either top 8/BTCC style random reversed grids for 2nd races.

3 races an event(BTCC style) has been suggested while setting up the league, but we didn't really consider it for the reasons stated above, and I belive it would still be a bit too risky, especially if we still have 20+ cars grid like in the opening season. Full reversed grid is probably no-go, all leagues using it at some point(FRL, LFS France's Ligue FR, and also GT Series) have suffered A LOT from it as 1) they create amazing amount of incidents by throwing very unexperienced people up front, and top-guns behind trying to climb up as fast as possible, and 2) there's no way to prevent people from slowing down on purpose to get a good reversed grid race start position.

Anyway, feel free to post suggestions on combos people
You could also chance the quali thing a little, make it a 2 lap quali fastest lap counts for race 1 and the 2nd fastest lap for race 2. Then combine the results of those races to get the grid of race 3 .

Or after quali, reverse the grid for the first race instead of the 2nd, mostly in race 1 people got more brains into t1.
Quote from Rudy van Buren :You could also chance the quali thing a little, make it a 2 lap quali fastest lap counts for race 1 and the 2nd fastest lap for race 2. Then combine the results of those races to get the grid of race 3 .

Basically F3 Euro's new event system? Sounds interresting, but we probably wouldn't use it as 1) we probably wouldn't have more than 2 races an event, and 2) with the new patch we would move to a timed qualifying session, and I do not think there is any way to get second best laps automatically.

Quote from Rudy van Buren :Or after quali, reverse the grid for the first race instead of the 2nd, mostly in race 1 people got more brains into t1.

So we would have to make the reversed grid from quali's result, right? But what would stop people from slowing down on purpose to get a good spot? Perhaps we could give points to the top quali positions like how it was done in WSR a while ago, but I'm affraid some would still try to maximise their chances for a race victory, for e-penis' sake, instead of trying to get as many points as possible and do their best at every session.
if you make the quali results the startgrid for race 2, and the quali results with reversed top X for the first, people wont sandbag in quali because it will make the start place for the 2nd race bad.
Yep, true that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG