The online racing simulator
New Test Patch (not VWS or S3)
(235 posts, closed, started )
Yeah, I guess banning every one who spams would be just as time consuming as replying. Unfortunately people wont just listen and behave, some are just incapable. For example; already in the newly open Test Patch thread there are off topic posts. But we do have moderators (who already do a good job), maybe they need to get more strict.

I do like the idea of giving moderators the ability to block peoples access to certain parts of the forum.

Anyway, thanks for reopening the Patch Test forum and the continued patch development
Quote from DratsaB :Yeah, I guess banning every one who spams would be just as time consuming as replying. Unfortunately people wont just listen and behave, some are just incapable. For example; already in the newly open Test Patch thread there are off topic posts.

Yes.

Quote :But we do have moderators (who already do a good job), maybe they need to get more strict.

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quote :I do like the idea of giving moderators the ability to block peoples access to certain parts of the forum.

That's an administration function. Moderators can't do that, unless you're referring to infractions, but they are different than random category modifications.

Quote :Anyway, thanks for reopening the Patch Test forum and the continued patch development

Yes, we don't need a grumpy dev, go back to doing what you do best.
Bunder.. I suppose you think you could do a better job?!

I quite enjoy the LFS Forum moderation. I can tell people off until the cows come home and nobody gives me anything more than a 1 point infraction. If I want to get banned for a week, I haffto consistently try.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Bunder.. I suppose you think you could do a better job?!

I offered to help some time ago, and was even recommended by another moderator, but was completely ignored by powers-be. They won't get any forum help from me outside of the posts I report, which also get ignored.
Quote from bunder9999 :I offered to help some time ago, and was even recommended by another moderator, but was completely ignored by powers-be. They won't get any forum help from me outside of the posts I report, which also get ignored.

Curious, considering I tend to report quite a few posts and they get acted on accordingly and appropriately as well.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Curious, considering I tend to report quite a few posts and they get acted on accordingly and appropriately as well.

Yeah, and you're also friends with SamH. I know your secret.

Has anyone ever found it funny how some people can get banned for spamming the forum, but dustin always comes out clean?
I get infractions. I've been banned for 3 months before. I've had several 5 day bans from posting in recent time. Heck, I have 23 infraction points!
Already A2 patch ... thats was fast O_O
Vote Dustin and Bunder for moderator!
Vote Obama for president!
Vote Santa for S3 at christmas!
Is it possible to disable the function to switch the view to other drivers by clicking on the minimap-symbol (the triangles)?

Im steering with my mouse and whenever im over the minimap and accelerate (on mousebutton) -> BAM view changes to other driver!
Quote from Scawen :I might just ban every person who makes an off topic post or an unrelated feature request. It's a bit time consuming though. I just wish people would understand the purpose of a test patch when it is explained to them. But that would require them to read, and there are a lot of excited children around.

If you make an announcement, you can reach a greater audience (rather than telling members over and over) telling people to check out the Improvement Suggestions forum, or the Suggested improvements log thread and issue warnings of irrelevant content / spam for those that do inside bug report threads, people might get the jist.

Just a thought.
Yeah, it'd be unfortunate that you couldn't ignore me calling you either a man, or if (and that's a big if) you are a woman, to get back in the kitchen.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :

I quite enjoy the LFS Forum moderation. I can tell people off until the cows come home and nobody gives me anything more than a 1 point infraction. If I want to get banned for a week, I haffto consistently try.

^
Owned
Quote from screama :Is it possible to disable the function to switch the view to other drivers by clicking on the minimap-symbol (the triangles)?

Im steering with my mouse and whenever im over the minimap and accelerate (on mousebutton) -> BAM view changes to other driver!

One solution is to hide your mouse cursor (SHIFT + Z).
Quote from Flame CZE :One solution is to hide your mouse cursor (SHIFT + Z).

Yes, that was what I was going to suggest.

The idea is that mouse cursor should only be shown if you want to click on buttons.
dawesdust_12
No longer welcome
powned
Quote from screama :Is it possible to disable the function to switch the view to other drivers by clicking on the minimap-symbol (the triangles)?

Put acceleration/brakes to keyboard. IMO much easier (I have acceleration @ W and brake @ D
Im wondering though ( possibly unrelated ) .

When connected to the server do all other clients wait for a connected player to respond ( or master server ) - ???

It's wierd that when one player is connecting/etc all other players end up unable to perform certain actions until that player has completed his current action.

Not sure if humans can understand what im saying.....
I now realize just how low 40C is, having some real life experience with tyre warmers. FWIW, my real life warmers have two settings: LOW (60C) and HIGH (80C).

Is there any particular reason why we would not want to be able to use the new tyre warmer function in races?

I heard there was some discussion on this topic in another test patch thread but I could not find it. Can anyone point me to it?
In the tyre physics update which is in development, tyre warmers are banned in most classes. They will only be allowed in F1 and GTR classes if I remember correctly. Making that change in the current tyre physics would probably be unsuitable - grip levels in the other classes might be unrealistically low at the start of races. So, making that full change now wouldn't be a good idea.

However, tyre warmers will still be allowed in Hot Lapping mode even with the new physics, so it was a good idea to do that now, so eliminating some of the tyre warming procedure that people went through before a hot lap, which was kind of a problem.

But that problem didn't really exist in races - no-one is going to start doing donuts for half a hour as soon as the red light go out. So there wasn't any real problem to be solved in the case of racing, and we decided to just leave that as it is.
Quote from Scawen :In the tyre physics update which is in development, tyre warmers are banned in most classes. They will only be allowed in F1 and GTR classes if I remember correctly.

News to me, but then I come from the motorbike world, where everyone uses warmers. I guess it helps that it's no big hassle to lift the bike off the ground with front and rear stands.

FWIW, I'm not really one for enforcing real-life regulations in a sim for the sake of emulation (see my comments regarding safety car usage in a sim).

Quote from Scawen :However, tyre warmers will still be allowed in Hot Lapping mode even with the new physics, so it was a good idea to do that now, so eliminating some of the tyre warming procedure that people went through before a hot lap, which was kind of a problem.

No argument from me on this.
Quote from Forbin :News to me, but then I come from the motorbike world, where everyone uses warmers. I guess it helps that it's no big hassle to lift the bike off the ground with front and rear stands. I'm not really one for enforcing real-life regulations in a sim for the sake of emulation, but I suppose it fits in this case, at least with the improved physics.

I guess/hope that we will still be able to use tyre warmers if the host is set to "extreme" setups.
Quote from Forbin :News to me, but then I come from the motorbike world, where everyone uses warmers. I guess it helps that it's no big hassle to lift the bike off the ground with front and rear stands.

Yes, I watched the Isle of Man TT coverage last week. They even used tyre warmers for the "TT Zero" electric bikes... which kind of defies their ecological credentials.

Congratulations John McGuinness.
This thread is closed

New Test Patch (not VWS or S3)
(235 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG