Although I am sure you are fine using the LYTe, I can say you won't be able to use it in LFS. The LFS demo does not allow layout files. If you upgrade to S1, you will have access to this feature, more cars and more tracks. Then you would go about saving them in LFS/data/layouts/
i got a question: when i want to make a new layout it says that something was not found (i suppose it's the background) and i really really really want to make layouts pleeeeeeease help me :lfs::rock_band:something:dnfnoob::ambulance :uglyhamme don't be annoyed about the smilies i was just having fun ^^
and i've got another question: how do you get those neat things under the post ?! are those only for S2 licenced players?
1. Not exactly sure what you mean on this one but LYTe has always been that way, objects can be placed on top of each other. If you try that in the LFS layout editor you get an error.
2. I think this is because the shape of Blackwood, including the car park, was altered slightly in the last official patch, but LYTe has not been updated so it places objects where it believes is the correct position. I had the same problem, it was difficult to work out the difference between LYTe and LFS so I just stopped and made layouts on the Autocross and Skidpan.
Some problems occur when all the layout elements are moved together from the place it(layout) was created to any direction even for a small distance, and saved (in the program layout remains inside the "parking lot"). Then, when the layout is opened in the game:
1. it(layout) can be found not in the place it was shown in the program, but a half of it is on the parking lot, and another half of it appears to be on the grass. This bug is beatable - just by moving layout to the grass on purpose to become in the center when loaded in the game. But the next one:
2. items of the layout that were close to each other intersect in the game - is hard to overcome =(
1. I downloaded v.0506 and replaced .exe with v.0507. LFS z28, XP+sp3
2. The layout moves even if i resave someone others layout without any changes.
3. The layout moves for a half of its width to the right.
4. I need to move this (fileshare.in.ua/3785770) layout away for several meters from the place where the cars appear. Can someone try this and give me back the result? I need this, because cars who appear warp with the items of layout.
Would it be possible to update LYTe to work with Z30/open configurations?
Now that we got 800 objects to place on a vast amount of space the lfs internal editor is really not up to par anymore, it would be great to have some "offline" editing tool to make the whole thing easier.
I'll call you that as it was the name I know you as from RSC if that's ok? With the new changes that have come about in the latest test patches, open configs and much greater InSim control with external editors is possible. Do you have plans to update LYTe? It seems to have gone unsupported for a while now, and I'm not sure if you have abandoned it, or are quietly working at something else. I do have a germ of an application myself that uses the new functionality, but wouldn't want to duplicate your efforts. No pressure, but a simple yay or nay would suffice.
OK.. I guess I'll give an update to my progress, if you want to call it that. Lately I've lost intrest in LFS for multiple reasons but now that things have calmed down a bit with me and with the new LFS progress, I think I will get back into this more.
I'm still poking away at the new version of LYTe/my hobby 3D engine I mentioned waay back in 2007. I've made a lot of progress on it since then of course.. but not near as much as I would have liked. Its turned more into a general game engine than anything LYTe specific really. It all still applies in a way.. My plan is to still create LYTe of course but I'm not so sure anymore. Other people have been making a lot of progress on things (especially some sweet stuff for autox) and with my absence, its only a matter of time before someone works on something better.
That time is now here I guess so I might as well come clean, show what I've got and see what others are planning to do so we can collaborate on some more sweet stuff! Stay tuned for a new post soonish with what I've got so far and we can go from there..