The online racing simulator
I cannot help wonder if I should worrie? After patch 11 the green and red bars for pedals now have at little 'white top' as if a few % is missing ??? Do I have a problem ?
No, it's the new feature... It's the maximum-reached bar. So if you get that bar, you know you can't push your pedals any further.
its good for people that keep having problems with their pedals, that way they can see if they are at max or not.. because it can make a huge difference if your just a touch off from the limit, it can slow you down bunches
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :I mean real datas, like the one on the steering wheel, but locked on the cockpit and not on the wheel. Something like the FOX without the steering wheel.

OK I got an idea for this. There could be an extra option, default ON that uses the BF1 / FO8 clocks page in a 2d box at the bottom of the screen (a bit like the virtual mirror but at the bottom instead of the top).

The default for this option would be ON so people who select "don't draw wheel and driver", automatically get a nice looking virtual clocks display, instead of having no clocks at all (note that this is only in the case of BF1 and FO8). I will also make that option a bit hidden (sort of drop-down box) so it doesn't take up extra space on the screen.
Quote from bLaCk VaMpIrE :somehow i managed after recording a lap to a raf file to stop at the the background screen.
i cant type anything, the only things that work are the shortcut buttons ((strg +) F1 - F8) and the sound, when pressing some false keys.
when i press the shortcuts it also displays the name of the driver i was recording and not mine. i had to kill lfs using the taskmanager.

This is the exact same bug that occurred to me twice! I've mentioned this before and in my case, it had something to do with ending a replay too. I couldn't reproduce it anymore after that. Must be quite a random glitch :/
Oh yeah I did the reversing test and indeed my speedo works in reverse.

I must say that reversing at 20 mph down a narrow residential road with cars parked on both sides is much more alarming than driving forwards at 20 mph. Glad that's over with!
lol i wonder if anyone watched you do that

lol i can see like someone else trying that and accidently turning the wheel and crushing a bunch of cars haha
Quote from Scawen :Is this reproducable? If it's rare I won't worry about it. If it's 100% reproducable I must fix it (and it will be easy to).

BTW I think you didn't need to use the task manager - you could have pressed SHIFT+F4 to a window, then click the X box (bad way to leave LFS normally but easier than task manager).

i just wanted to mention and as you can see biggie had that problem too.
just bring the next little package out to test something and maybe the problem doesnt exist anymore
Quote from sgt.flippy :No, it's the new feature... It's the maximum-reached bar. So if you get that bar, you know you can't push your pedals any further.

So it means I should be happy ?? Gee, thnx a lot, I'm a bit relieved.
Quote from Scawen :Oh yeah I did the reversing test and indeed my speedo works in reverse.

I must say that reversing at 20 mph down a narrow residential road with cars parked on both sides is much more alarming than driving forwards at 20 mph. Glad that's over with!

Only in LFS will you see a developer driving his car in reverse down a street for testing purposes...

P.S. Scawen, what car do you have?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Only in LFS will you see a developer driving his car in reverse down a street for testing purposes...

P.S. Scawen, what car do you have?

just.. dont start giving them cars to crash to make sure the damage system is realistic

i can actually see that lol
Quote from dawesdust_12 :P.S. Scawen, what car do you have?

I would like to know the same thing!
Quote from XCNuse :just.. dont start giving them cars to crash to make sure the damage system is realistic

i can actually see that lol

I would pay for them to do that as long as they got it on tape

(You know the damage system isnt realistic, unless it is possible to make a engine as thin as paper and have the car working fine....:shrug

But it will be nice when a damage system is perfected
H-shifter in formula cars
Scawen, can you please add a legacy shifting mode to allow the use of H-shifter in the formula cars? I vastly prefer rowing the gears in the formula car even if it is slower. I think most ex-GPL'ers would prefer the choice of continuing with the H-shifter in all but the Williams F1.

Thanks!
Quote from Scawen :Oh yeah I did the reversing test and indeed my speedo works in reverse.

I did the same test in my parents' Peugeot 307 and it works as well in reverse. Only did the test up to about 20 km/h.

Quote from climacus :Scawen, can you please add a legacy shifting mode to allow the use of H-shifter in the formula cars? I vastly prefer rowing the gears in the formula car even if it is slower. I think most ex-GPL'ers would prefer the choice of continuing with the H-shifter in all but the Williams F1.

Thanks!

Why do you want a H-shifter in a modern formula car? LFS is a sim and it should try to simulate the cars as close as possible. For the GPL'ers there is still the LX6 with a H-shifter, no downforce and it's as rear happy as the old F1 cars.
Quote from Scawen :Thank you Marty.

Here is one example of a request which is on-topic, compatible and has not already been said before on this thread.

Anyway I think I have a better idea for this, because the "new colours" button, skin not being visible for selection, etc, is confusing for beginners and also annoying for experienced people (too many clicks needed to see a new skin).

How about if instead of a list of "colour files" there would simply be a list of relevant skins in that left column. When selecting a skin XRT_ABC for example, LFS would try to load a colour file XRT_ABC.col. If not found, it would simply create a default one, for you to change the wheel colours or whatever. The colour files would be automatically created. The good thing is that any skin added to the skins folder is immediately selectable. You don't really lose anything, apart from the ability to have multiple colour schemes for one skin, but I don't think that's really needed.

That would be nice! It took me some time to realize how to change a skin... Besides, it would be much easier and faster for us to use. Me likey.
In fact, a Formula Renault / Formula BMW-Car like the FOX is HAS a shifter, saw this in a documentation on a local TV station recently. It was about a advanced Formula Renault drivers training. At the end of the training the drivers, who had a basic training the year before, were given a Formula Renault racing license.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :P.S. Scawen, what car do you have?

its a really nice car, with nice engine sounds, but can't keep up with a lx4 like car
Quote from St4Lk3R :In fact, a Formula Renault / Formula BMW-Car like the FOX is HAS a shifter, saw this in a documentation on a local TV station recently. It was about a advanced Formula Renault drivers training. At the end of the training the drivers, who had a basic training the year before, were given a Formula Renault racing license.

ya, a sequencial shifter..
Quote from Scawen :Thank you Marty.

Here is one example of a request which is on-topic, compatible and has not already been said before on this thread.

Anyway I think I have a better idea for this, because the "new colours" button, skin not being visible for selection, etc, is confusing for beginners and also annoying for experienced people (too many clicks needed to see a new skin).

How about if instead of a list of "colour files" there would simply be a list of relevant skins in that left column. When selecting a skin XRT_ABC for example, LFS would try to load a colour file XRT_ABC.col. If not found, it would simply create a default one, for you to change the wheel colours or whatever. The colour files would be automatically created. The good thing is that any skin added to the skins folder is immediately selectable. You don't really lose anything, apart from the ability to have multiple colour schemes for one skin, but I don't think that's really needed.

Sounds useful It would also be nice tho even to have an outside app or way to make AI col files.

LOL

Since my backalley is gravel, I just pulled around last night and put er in reverse and "Lit'em up" in reverse to see...

I found that one out long ago while having some fun in the snow
But nice to see so much dedcation
Deleted. Reason: Idiocy.
I am getting an error since installing U11.
I get OK: Avoiding Buffer Crash
Quote from Scawen :reversing at 20 mph down a narrow residential road with cars parked on both sides

Um... who was looking at the speedo?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG