LFS World Bug!
[etals:] Dear Guys,

I noticed now a couple Times that LFSW cant count :magnify:

Preview:

Browser Information:

Firefox 4.0.1
Attached images
LFSW-Numbers.JPG
It can count; it's just that in a lot of competitions and scoreboards, when 2 or more people have the same score/points/time whatever, they are given same placement number, then the next person in the list gets the place number after where these people in front would have been if they had different scores but were still ahead of person with odd looking placement number.

For example (assuming higher score = higher placement), in a table with 3 people, if 2 people had score of 10, and one had score of 6, then it would be tied 1st place, then person with 6 would be 3rd, because there's 2 people in front (regardless of score). This is exactly same placement if one person had score of 10 and other had score of 8.

I've just seen a F1 scoreboard where it has;

14th Barrichello 2pts
15th Perez 2pts
16th di Resta 2pts

whereas I think they should all be in equal 14th place, and if anyone else had 1 point, they would be in 17th place.
Ah
Thank you!
Didnt noticed that they have all the same "stats"

Have a nice day!

Wish me luck for my english exams today
#4 - amp88
Quote from sinanju :I've just seen a F1 scoreboard where it has;

14th Barrichello 2pts
15th Perez 2pts
16th di Resta 2pts

whereas I think they should all be in equal 14th place, and if anyone else had 1 point, they would be in 17th place.

In F1 (as with a lot of other categories and other sports) when multiple competitors share the same points countback is used to determine the order (the one with the more wins/2nd places/3rd places etc) is ranked ahead.

Obviously I agree with the rest of your post though.
Quote from amp88 :In F1 (as with a lot of other categories and other sports) when multiple competitors share the same points countback is used to determine the order (the one with the more wins/2nd places/3rd places etc) is ranked ahead.

So, at this time, for 2011, instead of the formula1 site I got the ranking from showing

14th Barrichello 2pts
15th Perez 2pts
16th di Resta 2pts

it should be

14th Perez 2pts
14th Barrichello 2pts
16th di Resta 2pts

as both Perez and Barrichello have each had one 9th place (2pts) each, and di Resta has had 2 x 10th (1pt) places.

I think if players tie, then usually they're placed in alphabetical order, but in this case I've put them in race order as Perez got his place a race before Barrichello.
#6 - amp88
Quote from sinanju :So, at this time, for 2011, instead of the formula1 site I got the ranking from showing

14th Barrichello 2pts
15th Perez 2pts
16th di Resta 2pts

it should be

14th Perez 2pts
14th Barrichello 2pts
16th di Resta 2pts

as both Perez and Barrichello have each had one 9th place (2pts) each, and di Resta has had 2 x 10th (1pt) places.

You have to take into account all finishing positions though, not just the points paying ones. Perez and Barrichello both have one 9th place finish, but Barrichello's next highest finish is 13th (China) whereas Perez has a 14th (Turkey).

Quote from sinanju :I think if players tie, then usually they're placed in alphabetical order, but in this case I've put them in race order as Perez got his place a race before Barrichello.

I'm not sure where the precedent of using name has ever appeared (in F1 or any other professional sport). The 2011 sporting regulations do leave room for using a seemingly arbitrary mechanism but I seriously doubt name would come into it. Perhaps they'd use qualifying results, but it's pure speculation.

Quote from FIA F1 2011 Sporting Regulations :7) DEAD HEAT
7.1 Prizes and points awarded for all the positions of competitors who tie, will be added together and shared equally.
7.2 If two or more constructors or drivers finish the season with the same number of points, the higher place in the Championship (in either case) shall be awarded to :
a) the holder of the greatest number of first places,
b) if the number of first places is the same, the holder of the greatest number of second places,
c) if the number of second places is the same, the holder of the greatest number of third places and so on until a winner emerges.
d) if this procedure fails to produce a result, the FIA will nominate the winner according to such criteria as it thinks fit.

LFS World Bug!
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG