The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Yeah that was just added in from a real NASCAR clip. There was quite a few cars coming in hot behind him too, wasn't as pretty.
Just got iracing yesterday.
You should like the v8s.

Hi Andy!
Quote from jrd.racer :You should like the v8s.

Hi Andy!

The V8 is a b***h to drive. It's very frustrating to drive.

Or maybe Im just not a good enough driver.
Nah, it's just a big pile of crap. The worst car I've driven in any sim.
Tire model allows you to abuse the car to go fast. In essence it ruins it and makes it seem like a pile of trash.
Quote from PMD9409 :Tire model allows you to abuse the car to go fast. In essence it ruins it and makes it seem like a pile of trash.

This. From august, when new tyre model comes out, i can imagine it as one of most enjoyable beasts in the sim.
Quote from PMD9409 :Tire model allows you to abuse the car to go fast. In essence it ruins it and makes it seem like a pile of trash.

lol i dont know. It's just I just find it really hard to keep it in a straight line. You know that little kink at the start of the pit straight after the last corner at Silverstone? I have to be really easy otherwise I would just spin out :S
Yeah, its the tire model, or lack there of.

Could also be some form of inertia issue but it doesn't seem like they have thought of that yet.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :lol i dont know. It's just I just find it really hard to keep it in a straight line. You know that little kink at the start of the pit straight after the last corner at Silverstone? I have to be really easy otherwise I would just spin out :S

Try lower the watts link a few clicks. eg if it's 235 make it about 197. This will make it a little less loose on exit and more understeery. Then when your throttle control is more pro and you're more relaxed and confident, put it back up again.
Quote from Kid222 :This. From august, when new tyre model comes out, i can imagine it as one of most enjoyable beasts in the sim.

I'm hoping you're right, because right now, there seems to be no wheelspin whenever I try to clutch kick suddenly, or try drift by different means. I even tried doing everything I could to try to get the car to spin in skidpad, but there was no wheelspin whatsoever. I mean come on.. how can the sim be realistic if there's no wheelspin at all? This feels awful alot like rFactor physics in this area, which is quite sad because I like the FFB of this game. I don't understand how they could go so long with this tire model / physics.
Quote from Tuze :I don't understand how they could go so long with this tire model / physics.

Agreed. The current model is rubbish.
I like the v8 supercar i can just drive it without giving it a second thought.

Though i wish there was some World Tour Event that used the V8 supercar Philip island 500 maybe?
Also what are some good private leagues that wouldnt be to bad for a Aussie besides Isra?
Quote from Tuze :I don't understand how they could go so long with this tire model / physics.

Well, doing a realistic tire simulation took 2 years of work of the best sim programmer in the world, and nobody else had attempted such a task in more than 20 years of "sim racing" games. Why didn't you program a tire model and offered it to iRacing?
I have three 3-month passes (new users only) if anyone is interested. Just PM me. iRacing was handing them out at the Indy 500. I should've taken more
Bought iracing for a year last night so I could get the $30.. and hopefully after my exams finish I'll start taking it more seriously
Quote from carfetish :Well, doing a realistic tire simulation took 2 years of work of the best sim programmer in the world, and nobody else had attempted such a task in more than 20 years of "sim racing" games. Why didn't you program a tire model and offered it to iRacing?

Come on now.

It's cake for anyone who's never tried it surely you've read simracing forums at large for some time now?

Armchair experts abound in this day and age in every conceivable public project; tis the new nature of things but without David Suzuki.
Or we could just pull the good ol' Bill Gates trick. Now to befriend the top developers...
Who cares, they're working on Oulton instead!
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG