The online racing simulator
He's concious and talking according to Ted
My heart was in my boots. That looked grim for a few moments there, and hope he is ok.

Seeing the replay, looks like a left rear puncture. It would explain why he was so far off line, and when he hit the first barrier, the tyre deformed dramatically.
Vettel's onboard lap... I'm speechless.

:jawdrop:

BTW, Perez has leg injuries.
#55 - Osco
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Not a good sign when you see white sheets being used...

You mean every single time a driver needs extracting from the car after a shunt?

Hope Perez will be ok. Session should restart in 5 minutes.
Quote from Osco :You mean every single time a driver needs extracting from the car after a shunt?

Exactly. You never know what might be actually hidden under those sheets.

By the way, I'm loving how Martin is picking on DC's inability of saying "Nick Heidfeld".
Quote from Senninha25 :By the way, I'm loving how Martin is picking on DC's inability of saying "Nick Heidfeld".

Haha! he wouldn't pass the intel test on that.

I think the extraction process is standard now. If the driver doesn't get out under their own steam, then all precautions are taken. I would expect the "over G" light came on as well.

That was shaping up for a great finale, and Seb was gifted the pole in a way.
MAN what a shunt by Perez.
Argh...

Anticlimax to the max. So disappointed... Really do believe Lewis could of grabbed pole. :/

Anyway, all the best to Perez.
Yea, I thought Lewis could of gotten pole too.
Best wishes to Pérez.

And maybe Lewis would be on pole if his fans would know the difference between 'of' and 'have'
Quote from Lionclaw23 :
And maybe Lewis would be on pole if his fans would know the difference between 'of' and 'have'

Put those claws away mister. People might mistake you for a grammar nazi.
Quote from Lionclaw23 :Best wishes to Pérez.

Oh snap. Someone made a mistake on the internet. Crucify him.
#65 - Osco
Quote from BlueFlame :Put those claws away mister. People might mistake you for a grammar nazi.

I did 'nazi' this comment coming
Quote from Lionclaw23 :Best wishes to Pérez.

He was clearly giving a grammar lesson for the first 5 minutes of the session.
#67 - JCTK
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea, I thought Lewis could of gotten pole too.

It simply shows why it was never a good idea to only come out near the end of the session in qualifying, especially in Monaco.
Two runs would OF been enough for at least P2 IMO. Maybe pole was out of reach, but it certainly would OF been more exciting to watch... and less annoying for a McLaren fan.

But yeah, McLaren strategists don't always make the best decisions...

Anyway, good start is key tomorrow for Button. There is still hope.
Glad that Perez apparently is ok - you always fear the worst when you see a driver unconcious after an impact and then everybody is blocking the view...

Tomorrow, I fully expect one or two teams to try the same RB did in Barcelona and bring in their car earlier... Then, all hell will brake loose... Will be funny to see who runs out of supersofts first...
Quote from bbman :Will be funny to see who runs out of supersofts first...

My guess would be that one of the RBs and Lewis will be the first that have no supersofts left, while Jenson is going for a one or two stop strategy.

But on terms of a one or two stop strategy, I really wonder if those will work out here. As far as I can remember it only worked out for Pérez in australia.
Wouldn't wanna be Hamilton's strategist. So often do McLaren get it wrong

Vettel would have been on pole anyway and is going to win tomorrow bar any misfortune. I think the championship is now all but over. Even if the rival teams did catch up in terms of performance he has so much in the bag now no one is going to take the championship away. Vettel has the experience and I can't see him t-boning rival cars any time soon. lol
McLaren have the mechanical grip advantage over the Red Bull Aero at Monaco. Button is in a good position to capitalise on his kinder tyre wear, and might just push a one stopper, or even run a couple of long option stints before a prime dash at the end.
Wtf all the crashes happened exactly at that part
Quote :Sauber said Perez had concussion but no fractures and reported that doctors said his condition was "encouraging". He is undergoing tests but his condition is reported to be "stable", although he will not be able to take part in Sunday's race.

Sauce

Not entirely surprised he has concussion tbh
Quote from Squelch :McLaren have the mechanical grip advantage over the Red Bull Aero at Monaco. Button is in a good position to capitalise on his kinder tyre wear, and might just push a one stopper, or even run a couple of long option stints before a prime dash at the end.

Can't see it myself.

I think RBR can maintain it's quali advantage here unlike other circuits where it falls away. Last year Webber was so much quicker and Hungary proved the right tracks RBR can maintain it's quali pace into the race.

McLaren's starts haven't been brilliant either.

Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2011
(542 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG