The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Well, here's my new car:

Some mates and I have bought it for a banger rally called Staples 2 Naples. You have to buy a car for no more than £100 and get it 2,000 miles across Europe to Naples, Italy.

Here's our website for the journey - http://www.durbster.co.uk/s2n/

To be honest, our chances of making it are slim because the car really is on it's last legs. We've put a new radiator in because it overheats, we found that the carburetor isn't even bolted on, and the water pump has started to leak so that is probably about to die. Incidentally, if anyone knows where to get a water pump for a 1984 Mazda 929 Estate, originally registered in Saudi Arabia, please get in touch!
Here's my pride and joy

Notice my homemade modifications to the tax disc holder
Love your tax disc!!!!

Aye I am still about...
yay, my two black beauties:
this one is for transporting and mostly used by my wife

and this one is my privat fun :

rotary power 4ever
its like a bike on four wheels (original comment of my son )

did someone say "fuel-price"?
hah @ your first numberplate - is that where the 'cool' comes from?
JoeCool, CoolCars
Quote from Victor :hah @ your first numberplate - is that where the 'cool' comes from?

haha, no - the other way round. i have named myself JoeCool before i used to live in Coburg
here's my small bullet

oo very nice Vic. Hopefully getting the 1.1 version in black in the next few weeks, if not that then i'll be getting a pegeuot 106
Victor - you actually went out especially to photograph it didn't you? Or is your house somewhere near there out of shot?
yes i did Though it's just 2 mins away from my house.
#137 - tpa
Quote from tristancliffe :Victor - you actually went out especially to photograph it didn't you? Or is your house somewhere near there out of shot?

yea man, he lives under that bridge you can see in the background
Quote from tpa :yea man, he lives under that bridge you can see in the background

LOL
Quote from Fordman :I work for Ford and yes, so would of I if I had the choice

So thats why you suggested I should buy a Focus
Here's my ride. 1996 911 Cabriolet. I just started with LFS and it seems like the best SIM I've seen since Grand Prix Legends.

For all those who are wondering, yes my car is resting after getting burned by Tristan's Miata in twisties.
Heres my car,

A Lexus IS200 SE, Its on a 05 plate, and done some minor tuning options to this car,
Attached images
gallery_4568_11_24428.jpg
Quote from Victor :here's my small bullet

*omg* How do you pull your caravan with that ride?

Greetz,
Warper
#143 - tpa
Quote from Warper :*omg* How do you pull your caravan with that ride?

Greetz,
Warper

:uglyhamme
Quote from waybrig :For all those who are wondering, yes my car is resting after getting burned by Tristan's Miata in twisties.

For the record, I've beaten a Boxster S, but I think a 911 (often in the same final of aforementioned handling tests, sometimes beating Mx-5/Miatas, sometimes not) would leave me for dead.

Fortunately I only compared myself with the poor man's Porsche, but as I can't afford either a Boxster (pfff) or a 911 (a lot less pfff, but I've never been a big Porsche fan) maybe I can't talk

P.S. If I had to have a Porsche, it'd be a 911 of around that era
Quote from tristancliffe :For the record, I've beaten a Boxster S...

At what?
Quote from tristancliffe :For the record, I've beaten a Boxster S, but I think a 911 (often in the same final of aforementioned handling tests, sometimes beating Mx-5/Miatas, sometimes not) would leave me for dead.

Fortunately I only compared myself with the poor man's Porsche, but as I can't afford either a Boxster (pfff) or a 911 (a lot less pfff, but I've never been a big Porsche fan) maybe I can't talk

P.S. If I had to have a Porsche, it'd be a 911 of around that era

Well, if the area you are in is twisty enough to hang with a Boxster S, then my 911 probably wouldn't be able to shake you either. That "poor man's" Porsche is very near my cars equal in power delivery, and handling prowess is debatable. Some like the more balanced (until the limit) Boxster and others the predictability of the 911. This is the old Boxster S by the way. I believe the new one is a notch above my 911. Either way, the only way the Miata could hang with either is on a VERY tight road. Or..... the driver was not fully exploiting the car. Or... you're Michael Schumacher (come to think of it, there is a striking resemblance in your avatar).

Along the same lines Tristan, have you tried any of the following: Toyota MR2 (85-89), Honda CRX Si (85-91), Porsche 944, Lotus Elan (60's, early 70's). All of these are kind of like the Miata in that they are a blast to drive around the limits of adhesion without getting into too much trouble.
Quote from waybrig :Well, if the area you are in is twisty enough to hang with a Boxster S, then my 911 probably wouldn't be able to shake you either. That "poor man's" Porsche is very near my cars equal in power delivery, and handling prowess is debatable. Some like the more balanced (until the limit) Boxster and others the predictability of the 911. This is the old Boxster S by the way. I believe the new one is a notch above my 911. Either way, the only way the Miata could hang with either is on a VERY tight road. Or..... the driver was not fully exploiting the car. Or... you're Michael Schumacher (come to think of it, there is a striking resemblance in your avatar).

Along the same lines Tristan, have you tried any of the following: Toyota MR2 (85-89), Honda CRX Si (85-91), Porsche 944, Lotus Elan (60's, early 70's). All of these are kind of like the Miata in that they are a blast to drive around the limits of adhesion without getting into too much trouble.

It was a kind of twisty road, and he couldn't drive to save, well, anything. But I still kept up with it over a 15 mile road. Nowhere to pass, and he was quicker on the straights, but I would have beaten his 'time'. And he was trying, just not very good at it.

I have driven a Mk2 MR2 (the curvy mid engined one), but not a Mk1. It was kinda nice in a way, but a bit too bloated and dull. The Mk1 is supposed to be a lot better.
Not had the pleasure of either the 944 or the CRX, but I have driven the proper Elan. It's a BRILLIANT little car. Not too much grip (spoils the fun, which is why I choose to stick less the brilliant tyres on my Mazda), not too much power, but absolutely sublime handling. Brakes were a bit of a let down, but not sure if they were just old tired brakes, or if all the cars are like that.

Regardless of which is a better car, the 911 will always be better in my eyes than a Boxster. If you are going to own a Porsche, you might as well do it properly and get the one with a bit of soul (not much, cos it's German and they engineer the soul out of cars). A Boxster is one of the most dull cars available (imho of course).
Oohhhh.... I do believe this is one for the history books. A japanese car owner taking a swipe at a German car (Porsche no less) for lack of "soul". illepall

Of course everybody's entitled to their own opinion (unless you drive an SUV). We'd better take the rest of this discussion off-line before we totally hi-jack this thread.

Back to the original topic: Although I don't have a pic with me, my favorite all time car for blitzing through the city streets and country back roads:

1988 Honda Crx Si in Yellow.

Even though I'm totally done with the front wheel drive thing, I would still love to own one of these again some day.
No pictures on me right now, but a 5 speed 1984 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type. :P Two tone brown and in extensive need of repairs. (Rust is eating the quarter panels and the underbody, and I've been driving around for the past few months with a blown front right strut.)
Quote from waybrig :Oohhhh.... I do believe this is one for the history books. A japanese car owner taking a swipe at a German car (Porsche no less) for lack of "soul". illepall

I agree with you on 99.9% of jap cars. The exceptions are limited to MX-5's, Snitchibushi Evo's, Suzuki Cappuchinos, and, well, thats about it really (although not the latest Evo's, only pre-96 kind of era).

New cars = less soul than old cars.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG