Sun 22 May 2011
Race 14:00

All times local, UTC+1.

Race Date: 22 May 2011
Circuit Name: Circuit de Catalunya
Number of Laps: 66
Circuit Length: 4.655 km
Race Distance: 307.104 km
Lap Record: 1:21.670 - K Raikkonen (2008)

http://www.wunderground.com/cg ... melo&wuSelect=WEATHER
Fia have made the DRS zone much too long for this race it's basically the whole main start finish straight.
Webber on pole [etals:]
:laola:

Mention to Maldonado getting in Q3, and Kovalainen getting in Q2 also.
webber, vettel is faster than you...

ffs no he's not I qualified on the pole dammit
How's that for a number two driver?
#7 - Seb66
Vettel woulda destroyed webber if he had KERS. I loved the smirk Vettel had on his face when when he slipped it into the interview
But he didn't have it, so he didn't.

He needs it tomorrow or clean side Hamilton and maybe even Alonso will burn him into T1.
#9 - Seb66
what happened to Force India in Q2? so much slower than Q1... Kovalainen thrashed them with way less laps
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :what happened to Force India in Q2? so much slower than Q1... Kovalainen thrashed them with way less laps

Force india used hard tires in Q2.
Quote from JPeace :Good to see Vettel being beaten, just a shame it isn't by a different car.

Vettel, with KERS, would've been on pole... which if you factor in time lost means the RBR could be a solid 1.2 ahead of the rest. Frightening to think that the might of McLaren, Ferrari, and Mercedes can't get anywhere near close to one man's brain - Newey's.
so if i got it right, Webber used KERS and Vettel couldnt (again) ?
Quote from Intrepid :Vettel, with KERS, would've been on pole... which if you factor in time lost means the RBR could be a solid 1.2 ahead of the rest. Frightening to think that the might of McLaren, Ferrari, and Mercedes can't get anywhere near close to one man's brain - Newey's.

I'm having trouble understanding how its one man's brain. I'm pretty sure its a team of people doing the thinking and analysis and stuff...
Quote from reason0809 :so if i got it right, Webber used KERS and Vettel couldnt (again) ?

Right.

Why "again" though? Webber has had most of the KERS problems so far this season.
Quote from evilpimp :I'm having trouble understanding how its one man's brain. I'm pretty sure its a team of people doing the thinking and analysis and stuff...

But you can't say Red bull wouldn't be anything other then midfield without hes input.
Quote from From BBC :

BBC Sport's Andrew Benson in Barcelona: "Red Bull's Achilles' heel, the reliability of their Kers power-boost system, has again reared its head here. Sebastian Vettel had to qualify without it, but I'm told that is not necessarily what made the difference in Mark Webber getting his first pole of 2011. Webber was 0.2secs quicker than Vettel and for most teams Kers is worth at least 0.5secs a lap here. But not Red Bull. So compromised is their system by its tight packaging - the root of its reliability problems - that it is only worth around 0.1-0.2secs."

So Vettel would not have spanked Webber after all.
Spain
great Start From Alsono to bad he lost 1/2 places stil watching it hope Ferrari For first Time this Season Wins
I don't think so, Vettel already racing off into the distance.
#23 - CSF
Don't understand why Barrichello is still in Formula One, truly terrible weekend. Hulkenberg should have been kept in that team.
lolwut, why there was "Nico, Radio?" in McLaren pitboard ?
:wow:

good race Basti!

last laps were so cool - even without kers...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG