The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :enabling the random red lights

While we're on this subject, I've noticed ages ago that in a singleplayer drag race green lights always come at an interval exactly the same as the one between individual red lights. Didn't really do any other singleplayer racing on other tracks, but maybe all lights should be randomized?
You will be able to watch pre Z35-replays (should be down to Y or even X30, if I'm not mistaken) even with the new version
Quote from avih :Got it, thanks. If I want to still use older replays (some go pretty long back), can I still have the older lfs.exe file at the same folder as the new? or would I have to keeps the pre/post z35 installs in different folders?

Only the unlock files are a problem, so you can keep the same folders but just save a separate data\misc folder with your Z28 unlocks in it. But I guess you can just put aside a Z28 exe and wait and see if the new version can still play the old replays, as it is supposed to do.

Quote from scipy :While we're on this subject, I've noticed ages ago that in a singleplayer drag race green lights always come at an interval exactly the same as the one between individual red lights. Didn't really do any other singleplayer racing on other tracks, but maybe all lights should be randomized?

No, the drag strip lights are the reason why this bug exists. Drag strip lights are entirely predictable in real life, because it's all about how fast you can do the drag. Unfortunately the way that was detected in LFS was also triggered by the open configurations. Because they are not a "looped path". Being on a not looped path is no longer a good method for disabling the red light randomisation and the qualifying system.
Go go GO LFS!
I must say that I really love the new approach to the community. Let's play 20q again on the next friday.
Quote from kruuvi :I must say that I really love the new approach to the community. Let's play 20q again on the next friday.

People will play this again and again until VWS and new physics come out.
Quote from Scawen :

DISCLAIMER : It's possible there may be some cases of old replays that cannot be viewed. One I can think of is that pre-Z35 replays recorded at South City that included Ramp1 or Ramp2 will not work, because they had a very high object index that is now out of range and cannot be supported by the new code. It's also possible that a few old hotlap replays might go OOS, though I have tried very hard never to break them, and to run a check on the world record replays every couple of days, it is still possible that a few Z28 hotlaps will not play, with so many changes in the code (although LFS is specifically coded to use the old contact detection system just when watching old single player replays). Also single player replays recorded after Z28 and before Z35 are extremely likely to go out of sync, because there were a few physics changes during that time.

So, does this means we will never get ramps on South City?

If never, then no can do, I actually do not lose there pretty much, except making "walls" with ramps in South City was actually greatest thing ever!
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :So, does this means we will never get ramps on South City?

No, that is not what it means. All new autocross objects are available at all tracks. It's just that in the Z30 to Z34 versions, the ramps at South City had too high an index that cannot be supported by the Z35 code. So all it means is that Z30 to Z34 replays with ramps in them will have no ramps if played in Z35.
No, as the new LFS patch will have a unified Object system (Same objects across all tracks), so all tracks will have all objects available. Scawens caveot above is that when he was implementing objects for all tracks, in the Z32-Z34 patch, the indexes he was using for objects won't work with his new Translation system that he's programming to convert old object indexes to the new, unified object indexes.
Does anyone begin to realise the problem with me giving progress reports? I try to make them clear and full of information. Then some people begin to pick apart every half of every sentence or individual words to see if there is hidden meaning within. And then my replies to those questions about my report begin to be taken apart in turn themselves, in case they mean that the roof will fall down upon our heads.

Guys, there isn't any bad news in today's progress report, only improvements and good things to come in the new patch. Nothing will be disabled or removed or deleted.
So if anything, you have more than previous. That can only be a good thing.

I know I am happy about it. Now let Scawen have a drink or two, get a small buzz, and code like his true self.

EDIT: He must have already had one, he is faster than me!
Scawen, thanks for the report!
Scawen, those reports are awesome, but my advice... don't answer .
Quote from Scawen :Does anyone begin to realise the problem with me giving progress reports?...

Yes, but thanks anyways! And I don't have any questions
Quote from Scawen :Does anyone begin to realise the problem with me giving progress reports? I try to make them clear and full of information. Then some people begin to pick apart every half of every sentence or individual words to see if there is hidden meaning within. And then my replies to those questions about my report begin to be taken apart in turn themselves, in case they mean that the roof will fall down upon our heads.

Guys, there isn't any bad news in today's progress report, only improvements and good things to come in the new patch. Nothing will be disabled or removed or deleted.

Well, im sorry to being as retard, but as you said, things and plans would be changed, at least plans. That makes always rethinking for those things.

if so, then all things should be fine and nothing should be worry about at all
Scawen, please ignore them.
Quote from Byku :Scawen, those reports are awesome, but my advice... don't answer .

This.
Quote from Scawen :Does anyone begin to realise the problem with me giving progress reports? I try to make them clear and full of information. Then some people begin to pick apart every half of every sentence or individual words to see if there is hidden meaning within. And then my replies to those questions about my report begin to be taken apart in turn themselves, in case they mean that the roof will fall down upon our heads.

Quote from Scawen :End of "Scawen question time" for today.

Thanks
Scawen: I didn't mean to make it seem as the object system changes negatively affected LFS. It's a good benefit to LFS for sure. It jsut does have a bit of repercussions with recent layouts.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Scawen: I didn't mean to make it seem as the object system changes negatively affected LFS. It's a good benefit to LFS for sure. It jsut does have a bit of repercussions with recent layouts.

If only they would be more easily discovered by new users than pressing some "secret-key-combination". I've already had to explain to some users how exactly they can use the new tracks since they were not that easy to find out.

Granted, they are not the brightest bulbs in the pack, nor they read the-21-weekly-FAQ-questions-already-covered-by-the-patch-release-post-and-successive-user-posts to Scawen
Quote from Krane :If only they would be more easily discovered by new users than pressing some "secret-key-combination". I've already had to explain to some users how exactly they can use the new tracks since they were not that easy to find out.

Yes, I agree with you. I was wondering too, there could be a text somewhere saying "press Ctrl to show open configurations" or something.
A quick question on Add/remove autox in the upcoming incompatible.

Will it include the ability to add/remove checkpoints on the track that become checkpoints that must be passed through in a race?

I would like to implement a dynamic checkpoint race where the race is X checkpoints long. A new checkpoints being added when as drivers pass through old checkpoints.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=74405
Quote from Flame CZE :Yes, I agree with you. I was wondering too, there could be a text somewhere saying "press Ctrl to show open configurations" or something.

I was thinking on by default show all the layouts available for the current $config + add default option of the (non-existent $LFS\data\layout\*.lyt) vanilla-layout on the of the list of available layouts that is already selected without any secret-key -presses. And beside that another layout (non-existent *.lyt) that would be the "open"-version of the current-config?
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG