The online racing simulator
i want night in game
Quote from Killer Beast :I've found a bug on the ramps. Watch attached replay. Its on there at the start.

That type of collision detection problem (large intersection with an object before the collision is detected) will not be fixed in this update.

Quote from PMD9409 :Scawen:

Wall that should probably be fixed, as it serves no purpose if it is open.

This is with Z34.

That one and another one on the other side of the track can't be fixed without a track update - there is no suitable object there to enable, because the different configurations are built incompatibly at that place. At this point, please don't ask me "how about giving us a track update" because that question has been answered before.

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Sorry for the question but I did not quite understand so if please someone helps me... thanks!

So Question is:

Does it have any matter/difference between Z30 and Z34 hosts? Yes those are combatible but has them any difference in host side also, than only client side?

The only difference I can think of is that you need to be on a Z32 or later host to send race statistics to the database when you are on an open configuration.
Quote from Scawen :

The only difference I can think of is that you need to be on a Z32 or later host to send race statistics to the database when you are on an open configuration.

Thank You Very Much! This info is actually pretty important for us
I found a bug, it's probably not related to this patch, but...
When you hold down the cluch and turn on the "pit speed limiter" while going faster than 80km\h, engine will stall. I don't think this should be happening.
Quote from Amynue :I found a bug, it's probably not related to this patch, but...
When you hold down the cluch and turn on the "pit speed limiter" while going faster than 80km\h, engine will stall. I don't think this should be happening.

The engine won't stall, it just seems like it. It just tries to slow down to 80 km/h. And the clutch has no effect on that I guess. You can prove that the engine is not stalled by pressing the ignition (I) key.
Good find amynue, it really stalls the engine (and you can't start it unless you turn of the speed limiter)
Not a bug, it is just how the limiter works.

The limiter don't allow you to increase the throttle. You can see how the green pedal bar is limited by the limiter.
Scawen, can you make new object: moveable pit? Because layouters can make to little layout a pit.
Quote from racer autov8 :Scawen, can you make new object: moveable pit? Because layouters can make to little layout a pit.

Look at this post from Scawen:

Quote from Scawen :
Quote from suzuki94 :Hi I know this isnt a request thread but one question to scawen, would it somehow be possible to add a pit to the autocross objects in the future. So you could put pits on autcross for example. Whit that and the new ammount of objects that can be used i think autocross racing would also be more interesting

Well, there is a line to be drawn between an autocross editor and a track editor.

Ok scawen

I've found another one with the ramps. Not sure if this has the same reason as to not to be fixed
Attached files
Ramp Bug 2.spr - 9 KB - 367 views
Isn't it the same bug as the other one you posted?
Quote from Flame CZE :Isn't it the same bug as the other one you posted?

This one you go flying backwards and you go inside the ramp so
found out the ramp bug that was on aston was just lag i viewed replay after it happen again and it didnt do it on replay so im not gonna bother posting the replay to waste time
Quote from numbazZ :i want night in game

Turn down brightness on LCD or switch it off completely.
BTW, don't post requests into this test patch thread, especially requests which require lot of work and were already suggested (check suggestions list).
Quote from Ped7g :Turn down brightness on LCD or switch it off completely.
BTW, don't post requests into this test patch thread, especially requests which require lot of work and were already suggested (check suggestions list).

haha! how about when day comes on night? like 1am - 2am? You actually drive @ night
Dude.. Start reading. That was suggested about one page ago and its in the suggestion list for like two centuries now.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2626

Also as popular request and as asked like many times already.

Besides, this is only a patch. Mainly to support open track capability as good as possible to bridge the time a bit for the actual S3 release.
Offtop!

Scawen, it's not game bug, this one of new cheats
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1593505#post1593505

Next

i created demo server in 0.5F but it don't display on lfsword (0.5V-Z are displayed)
dont ask me "how you connected using 0.5F version?" (use router)

i tried to unlock today => "unlock error"
Progress
Hello everyone, I'll let you know how it's going, as it's Friday and some people might hope for a patch today.

The unified autocross system is going well, old tracks now load correctly with their old autocross objects deleted, but all objects still appearing because they automatically refer to the new ones in the list of unified objects. Some of the new objects have been changed a little, mostly in ways you can't see or won't notice but they are more optimised for graphics and physics, using fewer texture pages, no downward facing polygons on unmovable objects and that kind of thing.

On all tracks you can select tyre stacks 1, 2, 3 or 4 high and you can select natural black or white / red / green / yellow / blue painted tyre stacks, using the colours from the existing LFS tyre stacks. Also chalk objects can be coloured white / red / blue / yellow. The 6m and 10m speed humps from Kyoto are available at all tracks.

There are still various related small things to finish and the automatic conversion tables for old layouts still need to be done. The conversion tables can mostly be generated automatically but I need to do manual entries for some of the objects.

It seems like 1 or 2 days to get that fully functioning and safely loading old layouts, but I won't be ready to release the patch at that point because there are a few more things to be added to that incompatible patch. Such as allowing qualifying in open configs, enabling the random red lights, InSim reporting object collisions, InSim adding and removing objects.

I don't see any big problems ahead so it should be ready by next Friday at the latest. Hopefully sooner but sometimes tricky things come up.
Looking very good, thanks for the progress report.
Scawen, if I understand correctly, your next patch would be an incompatible one? with the incompatibility mostly due to some layout stuff and custom objects? What exactly is the nature of this incompatibility? Replays? WRs? It seems the recent collision changes, while affecting physics to a degree, do not break compatibility, which is nice.

Is this patch going to be promoted as an official update eventually? If yes, would that be smart to break backward compatibility for reasons other than a physics update or meaningful tracks updates?
As far as I know, the incompatibility is because of the qualifying in open configs.
-
(avetere) DELETED by avetere : As I realized: just quite a silly request :)
Quote from avih :Is this patch going to be promoted as an official update eventually? If yes, would that be smart to break backward compatibility for reasons other than a physics update or meaningful tracks updates?

Yes, the purpose of a run of test patches is to release an official patch without bugs. The breaking of multiplayer compatibility is not a problem in that case - people should just click "yes" when asked if they want to update their version. But I have been very careful not to break the hotlaps - most old hotlaps and other replays can still be played back in the new version.

I agree, I would not like to delete all the hotlap tables until the real new tyre physics or actual new tracks are released.

But it is quite impossible to retain multiplayer compatibility when there are new autocross objects and they have different numbers and you can drive on open configurations. This latest one breaks multiplayer backward compatibility too because of the qualifying and red lights changes and the object numbers. But that's why I've saved that until last, so the community is divided for the smallest possible time. I want the official version out as fast as possible after the incompatible test patch.
Thanks. Could you please specify then what exactly is going to break (backward compatibility wise)?
Well it's very simple.

Z35 guests will not be able to connect to pre-Z35 hosts.
Pre-Z35 guests will not be able to connect to Z35 hosts.

Pre-Z35 will not be able watch replays recorded in Z35.
Z35 will be able to watch replays recorded in pre-Z35.

It's just an incompatible version like any other, but without breaking old replays.
I didn't think it needed such a detailed explanation!

DISCLAIMER : It's possible there may be some cases of old replays that cannot be viewed. One I can think of is that pre-Z35 replays recorded at South City that included Ramp1 or Ramp2 will not work, because they had a very high object index that is now out of range and cannot be supported by the new code. It's also possible that a few old hotlap replays might go OOS, though I have tried very hard never to break them, and to run a check on the world record replays every couple of days, it is still possible that a few Z28 hotlaps will not play, with so many changes in the code (although LFS is specifically coded to use the old contact detection system just when watching old single player replays). Also single player replays recorded after Z28 and before Z35 are extremely likely to go out of sync, because there were a few physics changes during that time.

I hope that is detailed enough so I can go back to work now.

Here is a link to my actual progress report which I think is more interesting in case anyone missed it :
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1594025#post1594025
Got it, thanks. If I want to still use older replays (some go pretty long back), can I still have the older lfs.exe file at the same folder as the new? or would I have to keeps the pre/post z35 installs in different folders?

[edit]
Quote from Scawen :
Z35 will be able to watch replays recorded in pre-Z35.

I hope that is detailed enough so I can go back to work now.

Here is a link to my actual progress report which I think is more interesting in case anyone missed it :
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1594025#post1594025

Oops, must have misread that one, my apologies. Anyway, I do follow your progress updates, and I find them quite interesting
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG