The online racing simulator
STAL - Short Track Amateur League
(115 posts, started )
Quote from Velocity Jnr :sorry you cant make it mustang

btw, how do we know if we are accepted.

I believe everyone is "accepted" just the question is do we drive with handicaps?
ghowden
UK

FBM@BL1 = not set
XFG@BL1 = 1.38.28
XRT@SO1 = not set
FXR@AS3 = 2.04.57 <---LOL!

I don't think I can beat the XFG@BL1 without lots of practice, the others I'll set some times tomorrow
Like i said, everything will be decided after the test race.
If someone shows pace above the field, it will be handicapped to match the rest.

So, in this first moment, everyone is accepted.

But we will see how it goes after the test race and first race.
Any info on the server?
test race still going ahead?
thanks for the pm, just going to pop on for a practice, hope there's a good turn out for the race
Thanks for everyone who joined, it was fun, despite the low turnout. Hopefully, next week, we will be able to gather a bigger field.
- LFS User Name : Bmxtwins
- Desired Number : 25
Quote from tibone :Thanks for everyone who joined, it was fun, despite the low turnout. Hopefully, next week, we will be able to gather a bigger field.

Unless I'm able to fix my god damn pedals or get a new wheel within a week, I won't be taking part in round 1 and 2 I think.
question, why are bench mark cars the XRT, FXR etc when RB4,FXO and FOX are being used in the actual serie?
Common combos, and also based on how difficult those cars are to drive.
If one can manage a time in XRT, chances are they will be stable and don't wreck anyone on the RB4/FXO.
testing was good, could of had more people but look foward to next week :monkey::monkey::monkey:
Any decisions about the start time? I would like to start an hour earlier if it's OK with the rest of you.

Judging by the results of the test race I need a bit of ballast. On the other hand I totally suck at AS1R so we'll see if this truly is the case.

Hope to see more of you next Sunday.
Timetable :
Races will be Sundays, GMT 19:00 (7:00pm GMT) - Server will be open for 1 hour before the race, so everyone can practice and trade setups. Then there will be a 5 minutes warm-up before the first race at 19:05, and another 5 minutes between each race. End time is expected to be 20:00GMT.
FBM BL1 1.13.48
XFG BL1 1.34.50
XRT SO1 ------
GTR as4 _____
Good luck today guys. Hope everyone shows up
Yep, don't forget to check your PM's and the race.
yep good luck and hopefully some good races too
awesome racing
Gotta admit, was quite close and fun racing. Looking forward to the next round.
Nice to see more people than in the test race.

Some problems in T1 in all three races... Be careful people!

Totally wrong track for me. I've never gotten into a good rhythm on AS Cadet. Still managed to pass a few people when their tyres got a bit too warm. Can't complain about two 2nd place finishes. Second race was a total nightmare. A slight tap on my rear fender got exaggerated by lag and I went off. While returning to the track I somehow managed to shift down when trying to shift up and the engine was toast. Being a second slower per lap than the back markers I decided to quit before endangering the race of the leaders.

I had fun and that's the main thing.

PS. Does anyone have the replays... I forgot to save mine
I also enjoyed it, some good/close racing once we got past T1 .

Definitely a tricky track for me as well. The next track should make for some close racing, hope we get a similar turnout for it (if not more ).

Sorry Scrap I also forgot to save the replays.
ill be there next round
Good racing today guys other than the T1 incidents. Sorry, but i couldnt help to chuckle seeing a RB4 in my rearview go flying into the wall Was plagued by internet connection issues however. Won't be in town for the next race which is probably lucky on your guy's parts because that's my fastest track by far Can't wait till rd3 though, my 2nd best track. I'll be looking to repeat today's front running.
Round 1 Results

Race 1 :
1st. sueycide_fd - 9
2nd. March Hare - 6
3rd. tibone - 4
4th. ImudilaSkyline - 3
5th. GAVD999 - 2
6th. BmxTwins - 1
7th. Velocity Jnr - 0
8th. pacesetter - 0

Race 2 :
1st. Bmxtwins - 9
2nd. GAVD999 - 6
3rd. ImudilaSkyline - 4
4th. Velocity Jnr - 3
5th. tibone - 2
DNF. March Hare - 0
DNF. sueycide_fd - 0
DNS. pacesetter - 0

Race 3 :
1st. Bmxtwins - 9
2nd. March Hare - 6
3rd. ImudilaSkyline - 4
4th. GAVD999 - 3
5th. pacesetter - 2
6th. tibone - 1
7th. Velocity Jnr - 0
DNS. sueycide_fd - 0

Replays attached to this post.
And championship standings on the Opening Post.

-----
Thanks for everyone who joined, it was some fun racing. Some good battles (even when i cooked my tyres trying to hold Gav) and clean racing.
Next round is June 5th, after all, i'm thinking we all want to watch the Indy500, right ? On the tight SO2R streets.

Let's just watch for T1 madness, and we can have even better race.

@sueycide_fd : Sorry about your connection issues, if you think it was a server problem, let me know, and i see if i can do something to help.

I will probably open the server mid-week or during next weekend for some testing, i will let you guys know by PM.

And sorry if anything didn't went according to plan, this was my very first time hosting an "official" LFS race. So i'm still learning my way around the commands and tricks of the dedi server. Any improvement suggestions are welcomed.

See ya all on the next round.. (or before, during testing).
Attached files
stal-1-1.mpr - 1.4 MB - 141 views
stal-1-2.mpr - 1.2 MB - 135 views
stal-1-3.mpr - 1.3 MB - 129 views

STAL - Short Track Amateur League
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG