The online racing simulator
World cup starts today
(386 posts, started )
the next team out will be ukraine, and then... ENGLAND :P

:monkey: :monkey: :monkey:
:smileyrai

Vain
Well was a nice match, but Argentina should won.. oh well now LETS GO BRAZIL!!!!!!!!! HEXA!!!! :bowdown: :elefant: :haha: :haha: :laola:
cant say im pleased at the way the spectators in berlin treated the argeninians but what an exciting game

does anybody know what the fight after the game was about ?

Quote from dEiCidE :i think Argentina show more football, Germany was lucky, a decision by penalty kick in this kind of matches ruin this beatiful game, but Germany won and i happy for them.

no they dont ... they take an already exciting game to the point where it gets nervewrecking

sing along with me
ohne diego fahrn wir nach berlin
ohne diego fahrn wir nach berlin
Who's Next?

Oh, and if anyone else says now, we had an easy tournament: STFU!
I think the Argentinian coach made a big tactical error in trying to play very defensively after the goal.On top of that using his substitutions to strengthen the defense, hoping they could hold out until the end, and thus leaving great attacking players like Saviola, Messi and Pablo Aimar stuck on the bench for the rest of the game.

Not sure if Germany deserved the win, but it certainly was a good example of why you should never just settle for 1-0 (especially against Germany).Bad bad decision by Argentinian coach.

I agree it was not a good display by the audience, and the ref was just a bit pro-german in his judgements.But gratz anyway
Quote from Shotglass :does anybody know what the fight after the game was about ?...

bcose some ppl of german staff say something to the argentinean players.
So what did exacly they said? The max Rodriguez was ready to fight...heheheh
Quote from dEiCidE :bcose some ppl of german staff say something to the argentinean players.

The german media says quite the opposite. Interesting!

It seemed to have started when a german player was attacked after the last deciding shot. That's what the argentinian player got the red card for.

Vain
Congrats to Germany.

1966 World Cup Final Repeat anybody?
nah 2002 works better
Quote from Fordman :Congrats to Germany.

1966 World Cup Final Repeat anybody?

Yes please Fordie, PLEASE. I'm so gonna pray for England tomorrow... guess you kinda know why.
Quote from _rod_ :nah 2002 works better

Word!

Well, some argentinian players started to kick and slap, and therefor one of them got a red card. That was a display of not very fair sportsmanship.

About the game: I think, the decision in penalties was luck... and Lehmann Argentina had only one chance, and made a goal. Else they played great combinations but didnt quite made it to the goal. On the other side, germany was too carefull in the first 50-60 mins. And when Argentina scored, they kind of "woke up".

The referee was imho very good, there wasnt any big bad decision, some yellow cards on both sides which were too strong imho, but all in all good work by ref.

My personal opinion: We saw actually a great tactical game from both sides on the highest level of football, where the slightest mistakes were punished immediately. Thank you Argentina, for showing great football in this WC, but now it's our turn
The audience was totally idiotic thats what I think, whistling allways the opposite has the ball isnt good or sporty behaviour. Shame on you!

And what it comes to the match, it was very dull and carefull and booring until the first goal, like allways it started the game really. Good fight from Argentina, even they had to change their keeper. Looking for todays matches, hope we can see some football

edit. And no Im not out of my mind, its today here allready
england play tommorw just a reminder
The match was only boring, if a good match has to have like 50 shots on goal.

From a tactical point of view, the game was great. Germany didnt let Argentina do their dangerous passing combinations. They were really good in the defense, which was very interesting to see IMO. Especially Friedrich was unexpectedly very good.
Quote from zeugnimod :The match was only boring, if a good match has to have like 50 shots on goal.

From a tactical point of view, the game was great. Germany didnt let Argentina do their dangerous passing combinations. They were really good in the defense, which was very interesting to see IMO. Especially Friedrich was unexpectedly very good.

I agree 100% with you. Argentina played very good too, their defence were doing a great job..They were trying to keep the ball the maximum time with them, but never could get very close to the goal. Didnt watch the Italy game, how was it?
tbf it was a game of 2 halfs. Argie dominated the1st half, Germany dominated the second. All I will say is, Germany looked way more at ease taking penalties than Argentina did, hense why they are through.

Then ending was aweful. To me it looked like either there mums had called them in for Tea Time or somebody would not give there ball back. Such a shame
A good read about the ger-arg match, from some kind of "uncoloured" point of view:

Times-article
Quote from dEiCidE :bcose some ppl of german staff say something to the argentinean players.

Quote from Vykos69 :A good read about the ger-arg match, from some kind of "uncoloured" point of view:

Times-article

I guess, 6 means "very good" or something? Because when it means the same as in Germany, it doesnt really fits to what I saw.
RICARDOOO! Too bad England, deja vu, eh?
Quote from Vykos69 :Fordie, you mixed something there: Germany cant loose in penalties, and england loose in penalties always... SO...

I usually dont quote myself, but:

Q.E.D.!

Sorry, brits...
4 more years of hurt
9sings9

no seriously ... england would have deserved to win ... you could hardly notice they were one man down

World cup starts today
(386 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG