The online racing simulator

derp

more up pls :|

E -The distance from the sever would affect it, right? (600 miles)
nothing changed...
Quote from majod :nothing changed...

hm, another monster connection from europe... question, what makes fibre so cheap in slovakia?

Quote :Antik Standard - € 17.92 / month
  • Connect one computer to the Internet via an optical network
  • Attainable speed: 64 Mbit / s.

a connection like that would cost thousands here...

Can't complain
that's the speed of my 3G network
Quote from bunder9999 :hm, another monster connection from europe... question, what makes fibre so cheap in slovakia?

I'm geussing when it was built.

I.e. compare UK / European city / town / village layouts (built up over hundreds of years, windy narrow streets etc) to US towns (blocks), or roads that come from horse tracks to dead straight freeways.

The UK phone network is over 100 years old, the fact it can do the internet at all is quite impressive from a network designed purely for voice.

But of course if a country comes along 70 years later they are going to have a much better idea of what they need and connect themselves much MUCH better.
Quote from bunder9999 :hm, another monster connection from europe... question, what makes fibre so cheap in slovakia?

it's difficult question - first of all, it's not so cheap in entire slovakia, only in my region because my ISP antik c&c provides connection only in my city + wifi connection in around villages. also it's not actually fiber to the home, it's just so-called FTTB (to the building) - optic fiber terminates at gigabit switches in each block, from there it's just ordinary 100mbit UTP. and what makes it so cheap? well, I have actually no idea, most probably it's tactics of my ISP - they provide triple play over 64Mbit internet, free 50 minutes voip calls world-wide and digital tv streaming for free (but their set to box is for 99€), all this for 17,92€ and they provide connection for over 10 years (connection was 64Kbit then), so it's just their success of providing fast connection for tens of thousands of customers - they can afford these prices...oh and there's no FUP nor port limits
Quote from majod :also it's not actually fiber to the home, it's just so-called FTTB (to the building) - optic fiber terminates at gigabit switches in each block, from there it's just ordinary 100mbit UTP.

that's better than what they're offering me right now... last year they told us they were rolling out FTTH/FTTB, and all we have now is a buggy DOCSIS-3... not to mention they're charging $200/month for 30/1.5 on it... the highest DOCSIS-2 package is what i'm currently using... $100/month for 16/1... and those are the business packages, because of all the port blocks put in place by the ISP to prevent home users from running mail/web servers.

and people wonder why i hate telecom in north america.

edit: i would gladly pay $100/month if i could get a symmetrical connection, even if it's only 10/10, or worse, 5/5.

Only good side of living in apartment...
Quote from nila123 :My speed test results are,
upload speed:0.52 kbps
download speed:1.96 kbps

This page has 893KB (page 6 of "The official post your internet speed thread.") so if you really have speeds like that it would take you around 1 hour to open this page.

Mine:

E: Note the text: "Faster than 50% of Croatia..."

dis dorm internet is weird as fük

and so is the speedtest, it goes mad, spikes both dl & ul up to around 25 megs during the speedtest, then in the end drops to the limit i actually pay for (8/0.5, 7.5€/mo)
T_T
More upstream would be nice, streaming is shitty on practically no upload speed

slower than 57% of EE, heh
Mine

-
(E.Reiljans) DELETED by E.Reiljans
If only they gave more upload

wifi

But ive never timed out from a server before
This is best thats offered in my area tbh. But it is fibreoptics so very consistent.

Can goto 75/35 for just another $5 a month, so tempting.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG