The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :Championship is all but over. The performance advantage Vettel has in that RedBull is massive.

Unless McLaren can find some serious time in that car for Hamilton then this championship will be over by mid-season.

I agree, it's Brawn 2009 dominance, or perhaps even more so, but on top of that the chances that they could be reeled in seem far far slimmer than they were when Button won all those races.

I wonder if this will get the same reaction from Bernie.
Changes already underway

Newey is well known for reacting to reg changes better than anyone, and without testing this only cements his advantage.

Either way, no one is catching RedBull this year. They are stronger now than they were last year.
Quote from Mustafur :Kobayashi was robbed of a really good finish with the puncture he got when overtaking Buemi, yet he still managed 10th from starting 23rd!

The Speed Channel commentators never mentioned the puncture. His sudden drop down to 15th or whatever makes a lot more sense now.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The Speed Channel commentators never mentioned the puncture. His sudden drop down to 15th or whatever makes a lot more sense now.

BBC didn't mention it either as far as I could tell, I wondered how he lost so much time...I put it down to being held in the pits due to incoming cars
Quote from Bean0 :BBC didn't mention it either as far as I could tell, I wondered how he lost so much time...I put it down to being held in the pits due to incoming cars

They also never explained how Perez lost his front wing, but I guess it was from punting Maldonado.
Kobayashi trying to overtake Schumi on the grass was pretty great, too.
Quote from Bean0 :BBC didn't mention it either as far as I could tell, I wondered how he lost so much time...I put it down to being held in the pits due to incoming cars

I wondered when I saw his pit time... Already at/over 20 when at the pit stall, he must have lost 10 seconds at least there...

Buemi was good, once Algy wasn't there to bin his race
Currently at 170 total passes THIS year is half the passes of the entire 2010 season (dry races)

and we are allready matching 2005's season (dry races)

And average passes per GP in 2010 was 21.3 and currently this year its at 56.7

Info taken from: http://cliptheapex.com/communi ... s/formula-one-overtaking/

These stats are amazing.
Attached images
20401.gif
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Kobayashi trying to overtake Schumi on the grass was pretty great, too.

It is what the man does, for Kobayashi....DRS is but a playtoy, used by others who do not have the reflexes of a hyper active ninja who has drunk nothing but Red Bull for the 72 hours before a race.

Outside or inside, tarmac or the grass, fast corners or slow...Kobi will pass. It is inevitable, you can not defend, you can not block. All Hail Kobi.
Quote from aroX123 :Currently at 170 total passes THIS year is half the passes of the entire 2010 season (dry races)

and we are allready matching 2005's season (dry races)

And average passes per GP in 2010 was 21.3 and currently this year its at 56.7

Info taken from: http://cliptheapex.com/communi ... s/formula-one-overtaking/

These stats are amazing.

Total passes now = 283. 113 at Istanbul, with the average now being 70.8 per GP.
Quote from BlueFlame :No, I think they just had a longer 7th gear than anyone else, as they were the only team to be hitting 200mph/320kph.

No they where not. Merc and McLaren where hitting the same speeds.
Merc were reaching 320. McLaren were not... I seem to remember Lewis topping out at 312kph when overtaking Button on the back straight.
Quote from Dygear :No they where not. Merc and McLaren where hitting the same speeds.

I didn't notice Mercedes engined cars close to 320kph on the FOM read-out. May just be blind though, I mean the Mercedes engine is strong no doubt but it doesn't mean that it's gonna automatically be fastest, gear ratio's are key.
Its all about adjusting your self for the race or qualifying.
Speed trap speeds according to the FIA...

pos no driver kph time of day
1 17 s. Perez 319.7 16:07:00
2 5 f. Alonso 319.2 16:24:22
3 19 j. Alguersuari 318.7 16:08:36
4 18 s. Buemi 318.1 16:12:57
5 10 v. Petrov 317.9 15:22:28
6 3 l. Hamilton 317.7 15:20:45
7 16 k. Kobayashi 317.7 16:17:43
8 9 n. Heidfeld 316.6 16:28:17
9 7 m. Schumacher 316.5 16:27:01
10 4 j. Button 316.4 15:39:41
11 6 f. Massa 315.3 15:50:51
12 8 n. Rosberg 315.2 16:28:03
13 14 a. Sutil 313.1 16:13:15
14 15 p. Di resta 312.6 16:06:59
15 2 m. Webber 311.9 15:07:47
16 25 j. D'ambrosio 309.5 15:52:12
17 1 s. Vettel 309.5 16:28:45
18 21 j. Trulli 308.0 16:15:34
19 12 p. Maldonado 307.7 16:24:37
20 11 r. Barrichello 306.3 16:16:20
21 20 h. Kovalainen 305.0 16:31:49
22 23 v. Liuzzi 302.0 16:18:57
23 22 n. Karthikeyan 301.0 16:25:31

Seems like the Ferrari engine is better than Mercedes going by that chart, for whatever reason, the Ferrari engined teams can get the most out of it..
If that;s from the race many things have to be considered like KERS, DRS, slip stream, engine mapping and gear ratio. ALmost impossible to compare.
#95 - DeKo
Quote from BlueFlame :Seems like the Ferrari engine is better than Mercedes going by that chart, for whatever reason, the Ferrari engined teams can get the most out of it..

You just said that gear ratios matter much more than the engine for speed traps, then somehow formed the opinion that Ferrari have the best engine?
Quote from BlueFlame : for whatever reason, the Ferrari engined teams can get the most out of it..

Quote from DeKo :You just said that gear ratios matter much more than the engine for speed traps, then somehow formed the opinion that Ferrari have the best engine?

You don't read much do you, but as Intrepid says you have alot of variables, more than usual, but then if you go into it that much, you have tail wind, tyre pressure, camber setting, toe settings, wing settings, gear ratio and more to think about.

So in reality because there are so many varibles a table like this is as relevent as it is irrelevent.
#97 - DeKo
Quote :Seems like the Ferrari engine is better than Mercedes going by that chart

Selective quoting of yourself fail.
Quote from DeKo :Selective quoting of yourself fail.

Yes, going by that chart. Don't you see the 4 Ferraris in the top 4? Or was that fiction? Going by the chart alone shows Ferrari engined cars being the fastest. As I say again. GOING BY THAT CHART.
#99 - DeKo
Quote from BlueFlame :Yes, going by that chart. Don't you see the 4 Ferraris in the top 4? Or was that fiction? Going by the chart alone shows Ferrari engined cars being the fastest. As I say again. GOING BY THAT CHART.

You're only arguing with yourself. Twice you've said the charts mean nothing, and now you're saying they do?
Quote from DeKo :You're only arguing with yourself. Twice you've said the charts mean nothing, and now you're saying they do?

No, it's like comparing people, people are unique, but it's the unique qualities that create similarities and infomation that can correlate.

Therefore the chart means nothing because all the cars will be setup individually, not to mention driver weight etc, but BECAUSE of that, and regardless of that, the fastest cars will still top the timing charts in the speed trap.

It's not hard to understand.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG