I feel asleep with about 100 to go, just finally got to watch it today. Great win from Smith, and both Harvick and Busch are shite-bags. I don't like either of them really, but I just wish they both hadn't been chicken shit and had actually got out of their cars instead of being poofs.
Quote from DeKo :I feel asleep with about 100 to go, just finally got to watch it today. Great win from Smith, and both Harvick and Busch are shite-bags. I don't like either of them really, but I just wish they both hadn't been chicken shit and had actually got out of their cars instead of being poofs.

Harvick did get out of his car.
Should have done it to begin with instead of trying to chase Kyle like its Cops and Robbers. Even drove back to his truck so he can actually see Kyle.

Neither used their heads.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Harvick did get out of his car.

Yeah, after waiting 5 minutes for a couple of goon crew members to arrive.
Quote from deko :yeah, after waiting 5 minutes for a couple of goon crew members to arrive.

+1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB9JBGYjI6g

Brian Vickers has the side of his car (plus his window net) ripped off, then we come to this. I have no clue how safe it could be behind the driver that blocks a car from hitting the driver, but it seriously needs to be looked at just in case it could be improved.
Watched that race live, that was a big hit. I'm more worried about the crew member that got hit by a stray spring.

Anyway, these cars are very very safe. The cars are designed to absolutely disintegrate to dissipate as much energy as possible, which makes them look unsafe, but they're not. Vickers one last week was a complete fluke, the car was caught at an angle that it would never get caught at in a proper wreck, and I'm sure it wouldn't happen again now it's happened once.
Just ironic it happened two weeks in a row where the part of the car closest to the driver has been torn away.

Also that crash under caution was wtf.
Yeah it was, I can kinda excuse the driver for having a bent up car with bad visibility and obviously no turning ability, but the spotter has a lot to answer for.

It's true PMD, but the only thing holding the foam in Vickers car is the sheet metal which obviously just strips away. The foam does nothing to protect the driver anyway, all the strength is in the tub.
Tub = rollcage

At least that is what I am implying. I'd like to see some pics of Logano's car and Vickers car after all that was ripped off, just to see how the rollcage is constructed back there behind the driver.
Quote from DeKo :Watched that race live, that was a big hit. I'm more worried about the crew member that got hit by a stray spring.

Anyway, these cars are very very safe. The cars are designed to absolutely disintegrate to dissipate as much energy as possible, which makes them look unsafe, but they're not. Vickers one last week was a complete fluke, the car was caught at an angle that it would never get caught at in a proper wreck, and I'm sure it wouldn't happen again now it's happened once.

Indeed that was that stratagy of the COT's safty. I forget who said it but one of the people who had helped design the car said this themselves.

The foam does nothing (as said) to protect the driver after an initial hit in that area because it is ripped away with the sheet metal most of the time when contact is made there.

Honestly, if a driver has everything connected and working properly, I don't think it is possable to die in one of the new platform cars unless there is a perfect set of colisions. (IE: flip over, nailed in the roof on the driver's side by another car after having nearly stoped)

The crash from yesterday, that was pretty wild. The crew member is my biggest worry, but I think he's okay

Also, if you watch the video, Carl was 20 feet from the line (to take the white flag) when the yellow was displayed. Technically, there should have been another GWC attempt.
-
(RiseAgainstMe!) DELETED by RiseAgainstMe! : why not?
Quote from Cornys :
Also, if you watch the video, Carl was 20 feet from the line (to take the white flag) when the yellow was displayed. Technically, there should have been another GWC attempt.

The flagman waved the yellow there. I think he saw that crash and knew it was going to be a caution so he just waved. The greenflag wasn't announced on Carl's radio(and on the TV ticker) until after the white flag was called.
what a snoozer of a race today...
Was good racing though. Many lead changes with many different cars. Really had no idea who was going to win until the last run. Martin got 2nd and Ambrose got 3rd, can we really be disappointed?
Quote from PMD9409 :Was good racing though. Many lead changes with many different cars. Really had no idea who was going to win until the last run. Martin got 2nd and Ambrose got 3rd, can we really be disappointed?

at-least kyle didn't win! I was pulling for ambrose!
Quote from SidiousX :The flagman waved the yellow there. I think he saw that crash and knew it was going to be a caution so he just waved. The greenflag wasn't announced on Carl's radio(and on the TV ticker) until after the white flag was called.

That may be true...

Surprizing race today My driver ended up 2nd thanks to pit strategy
Quote from Cornys :That may be true...

Surprizing race today My driver ended up 2nd thanks to pit strategy

I meant to write "yellow flag" instead of "green flag" in that sentence.

And my driver finished 5th thanks to pit strategy!
Will there be any kind of stream about camping truck race? Would like to see how Raikkonen deals hes first race
I'm sure someone will have it on Justin.tv. I'm looking forward to the race tonight, Charlotte is a pretty fast track, not exactly the place I'd plan for my stock car debut but I think he'll be OK if he doesn't get taken out by another backmarker.
Truck race is free to air in the UK however
Only if you have Sky already .
theyre showing it on premier sports the truck race woop!
And here you have to pay to see it...****
Thanks!

EDIT: The ****? Theres advertisement coming every minute on that player and I cant watch it. ****ing hell

EDIT2: Does anybody know any other sites where I could see it?

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG