The online racing simulator
LFS Meeting in the UK - All Details
(206 posts, closed, started )
LFS Meeting - PLEASE READ, BIG RED UPDATE
ATTENTION FOR ALL THAT IS KARTING. PLEASE MAKE YOUR CHEQUES PAYABLE TO "GP KARTING LTD" AND NOT TO ME.

Hi All,

The other thread http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=389 Got a little untidy and totaled 9 pages of information. Now here is 1 thread thats contains the lot, everything you need to know about the LFS Meeting in the UK.

DATE - Saturday 22nd October 2005

Venue

Circuit House
Harvey Reeves Road
St James Mill Road
Northampton, NN5 5JR
Tel: 01604 591591
Fax: 01604 591590

Information

This is a meeting for all people that are involved with LFS. Its a meeting in the morning to exchange stories and meet and greet one another. The initial meeting place is from 9am onwards at the abbington park, abbington, welligborough road, northampton. This is for you early Birds
Then its off to the

Thomas a Becket
01604 751177
52 St James Rd
Northampton
NN5 4AB

They serve food from 12:00pm till 3pm.

This is where we grab a bit to eat a soft drink ( no drinks before racing )

After this we head to: http://www.gpkarting.com/gpmap.pdf

This is a detailed map of how to get there. While there will have 15 mins Practice. We are in the process of extending the Qual, and then 1.5hrs Enduro racing with driver changes.
The cost is £120 per team based on the following:

there is 2 drivers in your team.
If there is three drivers in your team, then you will need to let me know.

I do need a deposit from all Karting drivers of half the price per driver. So if you are 2 drivers per team, then I will need £30 deposit. If you are 3 drivers per team, then I will need £20 per driver.

I have emailed the people that have PM'd me as requested my contact details. If you have not PM'd me, then please do so to confirm whether you are coming, and / or you are Karting. This way I can keep everybody informed at the same time, with one easy email.

Here is a contacts details of some hotels that are close by. I am leaving it up to the person to book there own hotel room, but a few of us are aiming for the Best Western, as Breakfast is included in the price.

http://www.theaa.com/hotels/27068.html

http://www.theaa.com/hotels/2189.html --> This seems to be best choice

http://www.theaa.com/hotels/2197.html --> And if you have the money

There is obviously people driving from all over the UK so if you require a lift, please post here where approx you are from, and hopefully somebody will reply.

Lets keep this thread nice and tidy, and not for spamming or other info. I will only post important info here from now on.

Also another note. Yes, as I said, I have been speaking to the devs regarding this meeting, and I can say that they ARE looking into attending. So please don;t PM them, email them, or pester them. They have all the relevent details for the meeting.

If you have any questions, please don;t hesitate to contact me.

Looking forward to meeting you all

Regards

Shaun

A few people have said that they are unable to send cheques, so another option is to send via Paypal. Again, please PM me if you want to take up this option.

I know this deposit thing is a pain, but this not only confirms you are coming, but also Books your Kart.

Regards

Shaun
Hi All,

Just to let you know, that I will be away from the forums for a little while. I have ESL getting ready to start next Monday and this needs some preperation work ( also I need practice )

You all have my email address, MSN, and for those who I emailed regarding Deposits, you also have my Number

Any problems, please don't hesitate to contact me, but now its just sit and wait.

My Thx to all that is supporting this meeting.

Regards

Shaun
-
(colcob) DELETED by colcob : Because I was a naughty boy and made the thread untidy.
-
(ayrton senna 87) DELETED by ayrton senna 87
Please make sure you make Cheques PAYABLE TO "GP KARTING LTD" and NOT to me.

Thanks

Shaun
Hello,

Are there any more places left for a team of two???
I don't think so. The event was fully booked a few days after announced I think but the best thing to do would be to pm or email fordie.
Quote from snewham :I don't think so. The event was fully booked a few days after announced I think but the best thing to do would be to pm or email fordie.

How do you know, are you receiving cheques LOL?
Thery might be. Currently we have had a couple of people drop out, and i just need to confirm these, but I think there is 2 seats available

Regards

Shaun
Quote from Fordman :How do you know, are you receiving cheques LOL?
Thery might be. Currently we have had a couple of people drop out, and i just need to confirm these, but I think there is 2 seats available

Regards

Shaun

i wish lol.
Deadline Date Set for Deposits
Hi Ho.

Please can the last of you, get your cheques to me ASAP please. I am not going to name and shame you as you know who you are. As soon as these are in, I can confirm how many space we have ( currently 1 I think ) but until your deposits are in, I cannot.

I am going to have to call a cut off date ( unless you contact me otherwise ) of the 30th September. I NEED your deposits by then please, otherwise you will loose your Karting Seat.

Regards

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Hi Ho.

Please can the last of you, get your cheques to me ASAP please. I am not going to name and shame you as you know who you are. As soon as these are in, I can confirm how many space we have ( currently 1 I think ) but until your deposits are in, I cannot.

I am going to have to call a cut off date ( unless you contact me otherwise ) of the 30th September. I NEED your deposits by then please, otherwise you will loose your Karting Seat.

Regards

Fordie

One of those would be me, would'nt it , we'll have to arrange a night to meet up again, my cheque book is nowhere to be seen.

Dan.
Quote from danowat :One of those would be me, would'nt it , we'll have to arrange a night to meet up again, my cheque book is nowhere to be seen.

Dan.

Aye, but we have been talking about it on MSN. So no, its not aimed at you.
Quote from Fordman :Aye, but we have been talking about it on MSN. So no, its not aimed at you.

I'll shut up then

Dan.
Will has mine
2 Seats Available
Good Morning All

I am pleased to annouce that there is ONLY 2 seats left for the Karting on the 22nd October. A deposit of £30 is required asap, then another payment of £30 on the day.

A Deposit sent to me, will secure your Seat.

Not only will you get to meet lots of your fellow LFS drivers, not only from the UK, but Scawen and Victor of the Development Team will be present. Also, as an added extra, The CyberSeat will also be there for you to have a go on.

If you are interested, please PM me asap.

Looking forward to see you there.

Best Regards

Fordie
Thats it, ALL DEPOSITS ARE IN.
Hi All,

Well thats it. ALL deposits are in. Thank you to you all that has trusted me on this. Right thats it, I am off now, off to the Bahamas

Seriously though, thanks again, and see you on the 22nd October

Regards

Fordie
JUst thinking. If there is going to be specators ( and you are more than welcome ) please can you give us an idea, so we can try and keep a track on numbers.

Thanks

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Thank you to you all that has trusted me on this. Right thats it, I am off now, off to the Bahamas

The Bahamas for just £570? Bit of a steal that.

(sorry for off topic posting in the "just the details" thread)
Quote from Bob Smith :The Bahamas for just £570? Bit of a steal that.

(sorry for off topic posting in the "just the details" thread)

That give me a little spending Money ROFL
Quote from Fordman :Then its off to the

Thomas a Becket
01604 751177
52 St James Rd
Northampton
NN5 4AB

I was just trying to look up this pub, which was quite hard because you got the wrong postcode...

NN5 5HY <-- this is what it should be.

If anyone else is wondering where the pub is, you can find it by looking up the post code in streetmap.co.uk or you can see it on the zoomed in map of the location of GP Karting.
Car Simulations, Kitchen repairs, Postcode Research...

when does this chaps talent end...

So if Scawen is good with postcodes, should we be asking Victor or Eric about telephone area codes? Or are you in charge of them too
Quote from Scawen :I was just trying to look up this pub, which was quite hard because you got the wrong postcode...

NN5 5HY <-- this is what it should be.

If anyone else is wondering where the pub is, you can find it by looking up the post code in streetmap.co.uk or you can see it on the zoomed in map of the location of GP Karting.

Thanks for that Scawen, but blame the good pub guide, it was a straight cut and paste
What time is the karting booked for?

Only 17 days to go
Karting starts at 3pm, but you need to be there for approx 2pm for drivers breifing, and all

fordie
Just so you know .. it is CONFIRMED that i will be spectating at this race with many thanks to Fordman for his offer of transport. I can also confirm that another ATC Member ATC Widdowmaker will also be making the trip to spectate and meet up.

Also is a laptop still needed? i might be able to bring one up with me.
Hi All,

OK With just over 2wks to go, everbody knows what happening? No, well let me fill you in.

Some people are meeting early. Me personally, will not get to the event until around Lunchtime, as I am picking 3J and Franky500 up from the airport.

I think, SC and V and the Cyberseat guys are getting there around lunchtime also. For those that are karting, you need to be there for approx 2pm, for drivers briefing etc etc ready to start at 3pm. If you don't have a driving partner, then you can choose one of the day.

After then event, trophies will be awared and presented to you by SC and V. Cyberseat will be there through out the day for those that are coming along to spectate and meet fellow LFS drivers.

I hope you all ( that are staying ) have now booked your rooms, if not , then well good luck in finding one

Then its back to the Thomas Beckit Pub for a few drinks and a re-cap of the days events, and also a chat with the Devs, SC and V.

I would just like to thank, SC and V for attending, and also V for getting the Cyberseat to come. and well, to everybody that is coming.

Lets hope for an enjoyable and rememberable weekend.

Regards

Fordie
This thread is closed

LFS Meeting in the UK - All Details
(206 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG