The online racing simulator
my pc frezzes when i play lfs
(9 posts, started )
hi everyone idk if this is happening to anyone else here that plays lfs but lately now when i go to play lfs i get to play for like 3-5 mins then the whole pc sticks and i have to restart it and when i do its fine until i try to play lfs again im using onboard graphics but i dont know if its now dyin or sumthing cause i had to use it for about a year now but i have a old pc intel celeron cpu E1400@2.00GHz 999MHz, with 3gb of ram im a complete noob when it comes to pc terms but i tried different ram reinstallin xp on different hard drives and it still does it can sumone plz help me i was thinkin that dust probly has it doin this way but plz send ur ideas i miss lfs
Could be a heat issue buddy, have you checked all case fans and processor fans etc are turning?
I would have also suggested a RAM issue but if you have already swapped it out for some known working stuff then that trouble shoots that...
could be heat, but if it doesn't do it when you're doing other things, it's probably not that...

i'm more inclined to say that the onboard video drivers suck so bad that they don't cause things to crash, and the machine just hardlocks. i've had that happen to me years ago with the intel 810E chipset. it just didn't like certain openGL calls. try with a real video card.
like rite now im on the pc and its fine but im leaning towards that it mite be beacuse the processor heatsink is dusty a lil im not sure if that could cause it but its worth a try next thing im gonna try is puttin in a video card i have here to see if it helps and
Quote from Ch1gb0pper :Could be a heat issue buddy, have you checked all case fans and processor fans etc are turning?
I would have also suggested a RAM issue but if you have already swapped it out for some known working stuff that that trouble shoots that...

yea the side of my pc is off so i can see the fans working all the time
Bump!!!!!
def sounds like an overheating issue. Aul thermal paste can dry out after a while so might be handy reseating the hs with fresh paste. Clean cpu & hs before new paste.

Another issue I had once was with the northbridge... again... if has a wee hs.. re-apply paste.

Could well be a simple issue but I rem hunting google while bk with the same prob.. ended up either one of the two above...
its fixed i need a video card lfs is workin fine now thanks for the help guys
Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pc workin fine now thanks guys

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG