The online racing simulator
Shifting problems
Quote from [Audi TT] :I have this happen that, after restarting the computer settings and keyboard steering stray LPS z31. Wheel Logitech MOMO Racing. But it happens every time. Windows 7 SP1 84-bit. Before, I did not notice this.

Similarly, not sure if it was related to the new patch but never had this happen before. Old PS2 Logitech Driving Force Pro on Win Vista 64, Z31 patch, suddenly could not shift anymore. Restarted PC, restarted game, no effect. Buttons were recognized both in the Logitech Profiler and also in the Options menu of LFS, but still could not shift. Ultimately was able to fix it by switching the shift mode off of Sequential and then back again in the LFS options.
Quote from [Audi TT] :I have this happen that, after restarting the computer settings and keyboard steering stray LPS z31. Wheel Logitech MOMO Racing. But it happens every time. Windows 7 SP1 84-bit. Before, I did not notice this.

lol

Can't guess if you mean 32 (x86) or 64 bits xD
Quote from Whiskey :lol

Can't guess if you mean 32 (x86) or 64 bits xD

yes yes 86, the figure simply forgot. I know that 86 is 32.
I am not sure if this is a bug or not but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Last night I was going online and went in the lobby to look for non-empty public servers because I saw some of my friends were online on LFSW. At first I could not see the server they were on on the list. So I refreshed and then realized that every time I refreshed a different set of servers was coming up without changing the filters; and not just one or two but a different set altogether.

I am using Z31.
No quali in open cfg lyt tracks? Why, how?

Example: AS3Y
Attached files
AS3Y_NICE2.lyt - 2.7 KB - 634 views
South City Barrier Bug
I hope this hasn't been covered elsewhere.
Using South City Classic X track the barrier is missing and as you can see the car falls off the track. I've tried this with on other X and Y tracks from South City and the result is the same. I'm used Z31 and haven't tried any other versions.
Can anyone else replicated this?
Attached images
South City Barrier Bug.jpg
Bugs in the fence of AS7 pit exit. Basically, the tire was able to move in the concrete fence a bit.

Noticed it when playing on an AS3 layout. First 3 screenshots are from SHIFT+U view, when I was even able to "see through the fence".

Don't know if it was already brought up
Attached images
AS7.jpg
AS7-2.jpg
AS7-3.jpg
AS7-4.jpg
Quote from sermilan :Bugs in the fence of AS7 pit exit. Basically, the tire was able to move in the concrete fence a bit.

Noticed it when playing on an AS3 layout. First 3 screenshots are from SHIFT+U view, when I was even able to "see through the fence".

Don't know if it was already brought up

it was in other versions of LFS also
Quote from evyytw133 :I hope this hasn't been covered elsewhere.
Using South City Classic X track the barrier is missing and as you can see the car falls off the track. I've tried this with on other X and Y tracks from South City and the result is the same. I'm used Z31 and haven't tried any other versions.
Can anyone else replicated this?

Already reported, should be fixed in the future with a track update
Quote from nesrulz :No quali in open cfg lyt tracks? Why, how?

As far as I know, Scawen is aware of this and it will be fixed in one of the next test patches.

Yes, this must be done in an incompatible version, because the same check is done on hosts and guests - if changed, they would go out of sync.

But before the incompatible version, I'll release another version that is still compatible. I'm aiming for Friday. Yesterday I did a serious reduction in draw time of the autocross objects. This helps frame rate a lot if many autocross objects have been placed. Static vertex buffers are now used for them, so they are drawn as fast as the other objects and track.

Still got a bit more to do this week - here's the list so far :

Optimised transparent objects (e.g. fences) to help open configs
Adding / removing autocross objects no longer resets all objects
Much better frame rate with many autocross objects (faster draw)
Reduced Z-buffer flickering of chalk objects and pit stop markers
After you've finished this scawen will be see some content implemented soon after or have you still got quite alot left to do?
Quote from Scawen :Yes, this must be done in an incompatible version, because the same check is done on hosts and guests - if changed, they would go out of sync.

But before the incompatible version, I'll release another version that is still compatible. I'm aiming for Friday. Yesterday I did a serious reduction in draw time of the autocross objects. This helps frame rate a lot if many autocross objects have been placed. Static vertex buffers are now used for them, so they are drawn as fast as the other objects and track.

Still got a bit more to do this week - here's the list so far :

Optimised transparent objects (e.g. fences) to help open configs
Adding / removing autocross objects no longer resets all objects
Much better frame rate with many autocross objects (faster draw)
Reduced Z-buffer flickering of chalk objects and pit stop markers

Cool.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :After you've finished this scawen will be see some content implemented soon after or have you still got quite alot left to do?

After the official patch is released I will be back working on the tyre physics.
When the tyre physics is done it should not be long to the Scirocco.
Hopefully not long to some S3 content after that...

But... please ignore me when I say "soon" or "not long". That's just the belief in my mind that keeps me optimistic and on the case. It always takes much longer than I expect.
Quote from Scawen :But... please ignore me when I say "soon" or "not long". That's just the belief in my mind that keeps me optimistic and on the case. It always takes much longer than I expect.

Yes, we know.
I dont know if it has been noticed, but when you delete objects really fast, some random object that i didn't click on also gets deleted.
I noticed something a few days ago and dismissed it as a temporary glitch, but it happened again yesterday. When joining a server after a race had already started, LFS showed a mid-race joiner as the lead car until he has finished a lap. The scenario goes like this: mid race joiner exits the pits a few moments before I connect to a server and he's the one that LFS displays on the screen as the lead car, it also displays his laps as 2/4 - this number doesn't change when he crosses the S/F line as that's when he actually starts his lap 2.

He is also shown as the lead car in the positions list. At the same moment LFS Remote (also opened after joining the server) showed the correct positions list. This happened twice on Z31 patch joining a Z28 server. Everything goes back to normal after mid-race joiner finishes his outlap (other than lap count staying the same as the previous lap).
Quote from Scawen :please ignore me when I say "soon" or "not long". It always takes much longer than I expect.

We know "A few weeks" became over three years :sheep:
are the gaps in Kyoto , fernbay , south city, erm aston (not sure) gonna be fixed in later patches or erm not?
Quote from holy mate :are the gaps in Kyoto , fernbay , south city, erm aston (not sure) gonna be fixed in later patches or erm not?

Are gona be fixed in the future with some track's updates, meanwhile you should place objects in those gaps to avoid going out of the track

And, btw1, where is wrong way info?

btw2, ideal line (4) is probably hard to put it in this configuration?
Open configurations are completely open, the circuit configuration (the "track number" if you will) only dictates the grid and pits to use. There is no wrong way info because there is no wrong way.
Quote from morpha :There is no wrong way info because there is no wrong way.

I'm talking about X and Y open conf.
Again, that only affects the grid and pits. There simply is no right or wrong way on open configurations.
Quote from nesrulz :btw2, ideal line (4) is probably hard to put it in this configuration?

Actually not possible and what is perhaps even more important: Totally senseless. Any ideal-line is dependant on where you are going and this information is simply not there ...

@wrong-way: As you are totally free to go where you want, how on earth should lfs know or decide, whether you are going the wrong way on any specific part of the track?!? That would be . as above - totally senseless ...
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG