The online racing simulator
V1 Championship is back?
(28 posts, started )
V1 Championship is back?
Interresting come back.

http://www.v1championship.com/

Quote :Sign up to receive details of the 2011 V1 championship. We have several new partners, new tech, a new shootout format and a drive in the 2012 Formula BMW Talent Cup up for grabs. Keep practicing on the V1 servers for next season and Watch Jack Basford's tutorial video here, for tips on laptime improvements. Currently outside of V1 Racing Season

Looks like BMW is trying to re-launch (a) Formula FBM championship(s) too, which is kinda surprising considering that they're no longer involved in single seaters racing AFAIK.
How do you spot these things? Have you no life?

Nice to see some action in lfs anyway
hello v1, baaai social life
When I try to join I get this:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on '195.66.148.170' (10060)
/assets/functions.asp, line 73

:')
Quote from Silverracer :Likely via;

Checking the url after realising that the vid was uploaded a few days ago wasn't that hard really.
#8 - SamH
OMG, you guys don't miss a trick do you!? LOL!

Yes, V1 IS alive and kicking! We're not ready yet, but we're working like mad on it.

There's no point trying to sign up at the moment - not just because the database error occurs (we're mid-migration) but because we're not ready to receive new signups quite yet (and the signup process will be different from how it is on the site now). There will shortly be a "register interest" page. I will let you know immediately, here, once that's ready to receive.

There's no advantage to getting in early at the moment, so please be patient and bear with us. As soon as I can open the door, I'll tell you guys right here, and I'll try to make sure LFSers get the first word of it.

THIS year is all I can tell you at the moment.
Well that explains why i couldn't log in (tried like 45 mins)
#10 - SamH
Regarding sign-ups, the entire functionality of the site and the extended community is changing to fit our new format. We're at the beginning of developing this interface on the site, and nowhere near ready for people to log in or even register.
This seems very interesting. So if im underaged guy from Finland, I still have an opportunity? Of course there will be much better drivers than me but still could try this...Its like opportunity to reach that dream what I have been thinking since I was 3
whats V1 championship?
Quote from Seb66 :whats V1 championship?

some championship that claims to turn simracers into real racers.
Do we need different .exe file?
Is it intended to still run at bl1 fbm? Because imo choosing that combo where a lot of people have already driven 5-6k laps will give an unfair reflection on talent which is at the end of the day, the idea of V1 championship. ofc it still takes talent to be fast there, and dedication - but I personally think it'd be better to use a different combo, either by making it open to S2(it doesnt cost a lot anyway) or working with the devs to change the demo content.
#17 - SamH
[Thread moving to Off-Topic]

The V1 format is changing significantly, with emphasis on a more test/challenge-based system being introduced. It is intended that there will be a shorter period of sim-based trialling, moving to real-world testing earlier in the selection process. The exact lengths of these phases isn't known *to me* yet, and I don't want to talk outside my area of expertise. Suffice it to say that we learned a huge amount about the process we need to employ in order to float talent to the top in the past (positive and negative experiences), and we're using that experience in the new format.

A significant point which you need to know is that V1 this time around will not be free-to-race. You guys know that we wanted to make this happen without costing participants a penny, and you know that we worked long and hard to make it a reality in that form. Unfortunately the reality is that, with the best will in the world, we could not make that model work. Having said this, the intention is that we *will* be offering a free demo of one track and one car for promotional purposes.

Also, a heads up: We will hopefully be in a position to invite beta testers for the sim, some time in (early?) July. I've indicated to Jay that I would like to invite LFSers into that process. The sim, in case you haven't figured it out by now, is not LFS this time around.
nice to see V1 back.
Quote from SamH :not LFS this time around.

Lol que?

Which one and why not LFS?
But judging from the video and seeing the team use the track editor, its LFS based, is it not?

Or is that just some old footage being reused?

Aww no lfs god dammit
You have betrayed us Sam, this is why we vote Bob for Moderator of the year each year.
#23 - SamH
Quote from DevilDare :But judging from the video and seeing the team use the track editor, its LFS based, is it not?

Or is that just some old footage being reused?

I believe the track developer video is old footage from around the time when ScaViEr were bringing the FBM into LFS, as is the footage of Scawen driving the simulator at Fortec. I think those videos were originally uploaded on the V1 site rather than Youtube. Could be wrong there, but Jay is uploading a history catalogue of V1 videos on the "TheV1Championship" Youtube account at the moment.

I can't share any info about the simulator at the moment. As soon as I can, I'll do so here

As mentioned, we've not made any public announcements, launches etc. recently. It isn't our intention to tweak interest at this time.
#24 - SamH
Quote from PMD9409 :You have betrayed us Sam, this is why we vote Bob for Moderator of the year each year.

Heck, I vote for him every year, and I make sure Franky does too!
Quote from SamH :is not LFS this time around.

I bet its S3, the difference between S2 and S3 is so big you couln't call it LFS anymore

Looking forward to it though!

V1 Championship is back?
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG