The online racing simulator
rFactor2 coming this year
(17 posts, started )
They said they were aiming for a 2010 release in December, amazing that estimate turned out to be...
Quote from Wilko868 :They said they were aiming for a 2010 release in December, amazing that estimate turned out to be...

And thats coming from a LFS player...
ISI engine = fail
#5 - CSF
Quote from DevilDare :And thats coming from a LFS player...

To be fair it is becoming very apparent that each one of the sim racing development teams struggles to make adventurous release dates that they self impose. It would be better if iracing (less so...) scavier and ISI had said nothing and not tried to say when they expected stuff to be out. Of course ISI and Scavier are playing massive catch up on iracing now, which is probably the reason for LFS and rf2's dates being put back at a continuous and steady stream. As long as iracing continues working away with content and physics, the other two have to catch up, which means more work. That could of course be why LFS isn't releasing it's physics yet... maybe they are waiting to see what Kraemer and co come up with.
I doubt that lfs aim is to catch up iRacing
Not necessary catch. LFS and iR are so much different on many aspects indeed. But the market isn't THAT much large in terms of hardcore racing simulations, you have only the choice between a few titles, no more. LFS and iR will always somehow find themselves in competition with iR because of that, and though LFS can't aim of "catching" iR, it's important for them to not have everyone moving to other sims.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :

+2

Unless they use a different engine I'm hopeless about it
Will give it a try though
I hope they implement a better FF, because the last one was more like 'wtf is my wheel doing'.
The force feedback was fixed with the Real Feel pluggin which in rfactor 2 is improved...

Really Isi is trying to make a rock solid engine where amazing mods will be really easy to make as they have thought about everything.

From sweet real time lighting with hdr and bloom ,to improved ai,great changeable weather effects,rock solid netcode ,great mechanical damage added to the visual damage,great driver/pitcrew/spectators animations...etc.. this is the most complete sim there will ever be....if they do it right.

I really believe that if anyone can somehow make it happen it's ISI.I mean the engine used in almost every sim out there was made by ISI (gmotor).If it was not for Isi we would never have gtr1/2/evo race on,iracing,etc...
Starting to think you're a bad rFactor salesman.
lol
Mason don't be nice. No reason to start thinking that.

"If it wasn't for ISI, there would be no [sims], iRacing, [sims]".

No need to start thinking it, go straight to knowing it.
I dont really understand the bashing, the isi engine has the potential to produce good mods, as Niels and others demonstrated
I'm not bashing it, I drive it often. I was just replying to the ISI related to iR remark.
Quote from Forbin :ISI engine = fail

\/

Quote from BurnOut69 :I dont really understand the bashing, the isi engine has the potential to produce good mods, as Niels and others demonstrated

There we go.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG