The online racing simulator
Quote from anttt69 :where did he get those textures?

Why dont u ask me? I'll send u them via pm sometime.
Quote from Scawen :Are there any other places where the new contact detection returns an incorrect result, where the old one was better?

[ NOTE : I am not asking about bad collisions in general, I am only interested in ones that got *worse* with the new system. ]

I think that this collision got worse with the new system. (KY barriers)
Attached files
collision_bug.spr - 7.5 KB - 354 views
Quote from Nadeo4441 :I think that this collision got worse with the new system. (KY barriers)

In my opinion this is a bug tires, see the screenshots.
Attached images
LFS 2011-04-24 13-59-14-42.jpg
LFS 2011-04-24 13-59-57-76.jpg
-
(GeForz) DELETED by GeForz
This is probably Z30 related, but I'm not 100% sure:
After placing a Route Marker/Marshall/Restricted Area, the buttons for Checkpoints (1/2/3) don't work anymore. It does after placing an object of a different type.

LFS has many 'hidden' functions (Shift+L, Shift+U, etc), and now also the open track selection (CTRL). Perhaps it would be nice to somehow be able to select "Open track" after which you can select the pitlane and direction? It would come up with the same code (e.g. AS6Y for Aston open track, pitlane 6 and direction Reversed), but it would be more friendly to new users.

Great update either way. Love it.

Quote from pik_d :Scawen - I'm curious, what was the reason for the changes to the F9 menu? I do think it looks better with the gray bars separated and a larger block for what I think is the rim temperature (only other possibility, albeit a much more useful one, would be brake temp, but it doesn't get hot enough for that and I don't believe that's modeled in LFS), I just didn't see it in the patch release notes.

I did notice the extra small temperature block in the sidewalls. But you mention a large block. Do you mean the brownish block in the middle (the amount of dirt on the tire)?

Would be nice to have brake temperature and brake fading implemented someday.
Quote from GeForz :That small brown bar stands for "dirty tyres".

Not the small brown bar. He was talking about the two small bars on left/right of the tyre cross-section.
Quote from NightEye :...

LFS has many 'hidden' functions (Shift+L, Shift+U, etc), and now also the open track selection (CTRL). Perhaps it would be nice to somehow be able to select "Open track" after which you can select the pitlane and direction? It would come up with the same code (e.g. AS6Y for Aston open track, pitlane 6 and direction Reversed), but it would be more friendly to new users.

+1 from me.
The narrow lines are - and always have been, even in z28 - the inner and outer sidewalls. If the outside heats up too much, the tyre is rolling over. If the inside heats up too much, too much camber and/or too low pressure.
Autocross editor overlay bug
Attached images
lfs_00000037.jpg
Quote from [Audi TT] :What's wrong?

In Russian: В чем ошибка?

i'm reload attach. look at red square
Just noticed one thing,don't know is this known - I have 3 lfs.exe now in my lfs folder (Z30,Z28 and Z28 gt0 modified from MoE),after downloading this testpatch,of course unlocked it. Now I wanted to make a hotlap (which of course is not possible to upload when made with testpatch),so I opened Z28,but it's locked (demo) and so is gt0 version,when I unlock it - then the new Z30 gets locked. Basically I cannot have 2 different versions unlocked in one folder (never tried seperate folders). Is possible to solve this somehow?
Quote from [Audi TT] :What's wrong?

In Russian: В чем ошибка?

I guess the sign saying 120 is over the editor which is wrong obviously.
I have a small and hopefully easy request to Scawen:

I've had this in my mind since a few years now, and as cruising becomes real intersections now, would it be possible that we are able to put the turn-indicator-lights (blinkers?) on other, individual keys (e.g. on the steering wheel)?
Quote from phoenixIlooka :I have a small and hopefully easy request to Scawen:

I've had this in my mind since a few years now, and as cruising becomes real intersections now, would it be possible that we are able to put the turn-indicator-lights (blinkers?) on other, individual keys (e.g. on the steering wheel)?

Use a mapping software such as Logitech Profiler. I'm sure there are other programs which can link a wheel/joystick input as a keyboard command...
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Use a mapping software such as Logitech Profiler. I'm sure there are other programs which can link a wheel/joystick input as a keyboard command...

like JoyToKey which im using to map my wireless ps3 guitar with guitar hero. But doing that will be better because we wont need any other programs to set our keys.
my LFS just crashed, which happend never before...
Názov chybovej aplikácie: LFS.exe, verzia: 0.0.0.0, časová značka (timestamp??): 0x4db1c830
Názov chybového modulu: LFS.exe, verzia: 0.0.0.0, časová značka: 0x4db1c830
Kód výnimky (exception code): 0xc0000005
Odstup chyby (offset): 0x000ebcc6
Identifikácia chybného procesu: 0x50c
Čas spustenia chybnej aplikácie (runtime??): 0x01cc027bbcdbdb05
Cesta chybnej aplikácie: D:\Hry\lfs\LFS.exe
Cesta chybného modulu(pathname): D:\Hry\lfs\LFS.exe
Identifikácia hlásenia: 022d0d95-6e6f-11e0-9136-005056c00008

is anything else needed? I'm running at windows 7 32bit

what I was doing is,....I've just alt+F4ed from LFS while it was connecting to a server
Quote from phoenixIlooka :I have a small and hopefully easy request to Scawen:

LFS already has this feature.

(See the ALT F1, F2, F3 and F4 buttons)
Hm, I tried alt-f4 during the connection sequence and it closed properly on w7 x64.
first: LOL, ALT+F4?? xD xD xD
Wouldn't the game close then?

second:
ah ok, I didn't know that, thank you!
But can I also assume other "normal" keys to the indicators?
Because if i need them on my keyboard, ALT+... is not really better than 7,8,9^^
Quote from phoenixIlooka :first: LOL, ALT+F4?? xD xD xD
Wouldn't the game close then?

second:
ah ok, I didn't know that, thank you!
But can I also assume other "normal" keys to the indicators?
Because if i need them on my keyboard, ALT+... is not really better than 7,8,9^^

The keys are already mapped on the keyboard.

Top row number keys
7 = left indicator
8 = right indicator
9 = Hazard blinkers
0 = cancel

It is possible to use mapping/profile software to allow these to work on your controller.

benjie.13 shows the solution except for the ALT + F4 combo, and this part of the controller setup allows for the less used keys to be remapped.
Quote from denis-takumi :Autocross editor overlay bug

That is really a bug in the InSim program.

The programmer of the InSim program should make sure that all added text is within the "recommended area" (documented in InSim.txt) then LFS will then keep that space free so there is no overwriting.
-
(denis-takumi) DELETED by denis-takumi : i love you Scawen!
Quote from vistaman :I guess this was reported already. Check the video from 0:40.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u65OeDZty7g

Quote from Squelch :That problem is common to all instances of those gantries on Fern Bay, even standard configs. Hit at the right angle, and the car gets fired backwards violently, or shot forward at incredible speed.

I know the reason for this now - the segments of those gantries are constructed in a way that is unsuitable for the physics detection. It was unsuitable in the old version as well but that just didn't result in an out of bounds collision. I need to write a little code to detect and switch off physics on unsuitably constructed segments.

Quote from Tango :im using z30 and was on the cargame s1 server,south city chicane route when i seemed to momentarily hit a hole in the road and it lifted my nose in the air after i passed over it,pic attached.
Tango

That looks quite nasty, and I can't reproduce it with my test program. Because it's an MPR, it's not clear exactly how this happened. I would like to see an SPR of this, if anyone can reproduce it (a wheel falling underground on proper road) at this place or anywhere else.
Quote from Scawen :I know the reason for this now - the segments of those gantries are constructed in a way that is unsuitable for the physics detection. It was unsuitable in the old version as well but that just didn't result in an out of bounds collision. I need to write a little code to detect and switch off physics on unsuitably constructed segments.

I've checked all of the other tracks, and couldn't find any other instances of this problem, so it's unique to Fern Bay.

To me, it seems like there is oversized collision geometry around the upright section of the gantry that encroaches through the barrier. Is collision geometry even required here? The barriers would normally prevent hitting the ironwork from either side, and the only foreseeable way of actually hitting it would be if the car was already airborne and jumping the barrier. I note that when driving behind the spectator wall, none of the other track furniture has collision geo, so these particular ones are unique.
Quote :
That looks quite nasty, and I can't reproduce it with my test program. Because it's an MPR, it's not clear exactly how this happened. I would like to see an SPR of this, if anyone can reproduce it (a wheel falling underground on proper road) at this place or anywhere else.

I tried to repro this one too, and couldn't either. The replay would be useful to have.
-
(vistaman) DELETED by vistaman : mb, not the reason of that bug. It's the textures i think..
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG