The online racing simulator
Many thanks for the big report Scawen, looking forward to it.
Nice, I can't wait. Thanks for reporting.
+10 to Scawen
I don't know if this is a stupid question or not but, with the small bug that you are trying to fix right now. Do you think it could be released this weekend ?
That we hope all Poldy... We hope the Patch comes today
Quote from Scawen :... the new, accurate collision system ...

I wonder if this also covers contacts between cars, so that there is less crazy results of small touches, especially in open wheelers. That would be awesome, but even if that's not the case, it is great to see a serious progress in LFS.
Patience is a virtue.
It will be ready when it's ready...
Woohoo, great news!

brm brrrrm
thank you Scawen for the grate news hope for a test release today
Nice News!
Thats a really good news... im waiting a new version to be released...
Nice, nice.
Ooooooh updates, I'm likin' this!
Looking forward to this test patch
All we can hope for then is that the patch will be released before the apocalypse in 2012
Quote from Scawen :*snip snip*

Does this also mean improved contact detection with the speed bumps in i.e KY3 chicane?
Often it seems like it's up to luck if you get suspension damage or not when "cheating" (or just missing) the chicane and fly over the speed bumps. If it was spot on every time (meaning suspension destruction if hitting the bumps at 230 km/h), the chicane would be even more intense.

PS. Would also be interesting if the front spoilers on the GTRs and open wheels could be damaged or even completely run off if they smash into curbs and bumps.
Quote from LineR32 :You're acting the same way as him Rynno666. You just have to ignore them, not drop to same level as them by calling them idiots or whatever else.

And works like a charm
Thx for the Progress Report
Chill out
Sometimes when love something so much, you will defend it no matter what.
This arguing in the forums, I see it a little like this.
We all love LFS, otherwise I think we all wouldn't be following this thread like looneys.

I hope the weather is nice where your at Scawen, I am bloody melting here

Same goes for rest of the LFS team , Eric, Victor & Geraldine , and the testers, hope you all have a lovely weekend.
Awesome Scawen. I have a question.. with the new collision model cars won't jump everywhere when we crash?
Quote from baSh0r :All we can hope for then is that the patch will be released before the apocalypse in 2012

mrs.positive
looks good scawen
Well, today hopefully it will be released. Im getting tired of waiting.
Quote from Scawen : Eric, Victor and I have tested it and can't find any problems and we hope you'll find it's a lot better than the old system.

Quote from BoyGTA :Awesome Scawen. I have a question.. with the new collision model cars won't jump everywhere when we crash?

Maybe you could post a replay Scawen? maybe one with you guys testing, if you all could spare the time, It would be very cool, perhaps A nice short race *cough* (paint rubbing contest) between you chaps would be most entertaining indeed

My money would be on Eric FTW with Vic 2nd and Scawen in 3rd (sorry)

And winner could challenge me if brave enough in XRT on track of your choice.
ok maybe not this part don't want to embarrass you guys too much, but maybe the first bit, would be pretty cool. (pretty please with cherry on top)

I'm guessing it would be compatible? with current version, I know you guys like to torture us, this would be a sweet condition to exist in till your work is ready.

And again thanks for the update, but i cant see where or what time you went for chit, this very important when weather hot, don't want you running out of water now. Or getting all bunged up.

one can only wish and dream
Quote from EQ Worry :I wonder if this also covers contacts between cars, so that there is less crazy results of small touches, especially in open wheelers. That would be awesome, but even if that's not the case, it is great to see a serious progress in LFS.

Quote from Skagen :Does this also mean improved contact detection with the speed bumps in i.e KY3 chicane?

It's my understanding from Scawen's post that the new system is indeed beneficial to those situations...

Quote from Scawen :I keep calling this a collision detection system but it's not just collisions, it is actually the whole contact detection system that the tyres also use to detect the ground.

Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :My money would be on Eric FTW with Vic 2nd and Scawen in 3rd (sorry)

Wasn't vicc really slow in those IRC monday night races he participated in?
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG