The online racing simulator
Quote from freddyalek90 :It depends... For me, getting rid of an awful (and very old) bug, and so being able to crash into a barrier and not being thrown away at 300kph, is a major change.

I agree too.
Quote from freddyalek90 :It depends... For me, getting rid of an awful (and very old) bug, and so being able to crash into a barrier and not being thrown away at 300kph, is a major change.

Yes you are right, i don't know, how someone can tell that these changes are not major, i think that these changes are really major, because that barrier problem is really bad and unrealistic, so now that will be pretty good + that more objects is really good too for Cruise servers

So thumbs UP for LFS Devs..
Quote from Takumi_lfs :No major changes are made.

No dispute. But adding lots of little things that were missing makes it up for me. And the open track possibilities are great, though not readily available.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :You call those major changes? The new patch will be compatible with the older one.. No major changes are made.

It's not compatible, in a way that if the host isn't Z30 you will be lacking some of the latest features
Quote from Whiskey :It's not compatible, in a way that if the host isn't Z30 you will be lacking some of the latest features

It is. Scawen said that Z30 works on Z28 Servers. But You cant play on a Z30 Server with Patch Z28.

Edit: Check the first page.

Quote from Scawen :
NOTE : This patch is mainly compatible with Z28, so does NOT have the new tyre physics, the VW Scirocco or any S3 content. It is an intermediate update with some interesting improvements for LFS while I continue with the tyre physics. The new version can connect to Z28 hosts, but Z28 cannot connect to the new version's hosts.

It is but it's working in Z28 mode if the server is Z28.
Scawen Can we have a progress report please.
Cheers
I hope the physics changes stay off Z28. If so, I'd love it if CAD ran Z28 for kicks.
Just pay more attention to whats happening on the forum Jonathan, it isn't all in this topic alone
Quote from TehPaws3D :I hope the physics changes stay off Z28. If so, I'd love it if CAD ran Z28 for kicks.

reading the thread you're posting in really really helps
I still have some testing to do in Portal 2 so I can wait few more hours for patch without a problem.
ok
thats good to know
glad you shared the fact with us.
Ye,
Thanks Allot
for all those people blaming scawen for not releasing the patch either today or within the weekend, stfu and go outside, its awesome sunny weather over here, besides this its god damn easter holidays, no need to work hard on new patches.

When scirocco arrived this is a classic car
Quote from Takumi_lfs :You call those major changes? The new patch will be compatible with the older one.. No major changes are made.

I was told that before, LFS could only determine what to render along a path. That's changed now which means that there is a whole new rendering system that allows for more optimization and for more possibilities. I'd consider that a quite big step forward. Also the fact that something is happening at all is a very good sign.

Quote from Jonathon.provost :
Scawen Can we have a progress report please.
Cheers

Yes, please
for a progress report, please read the first post in this thread.

thanks for your time.
Quote from reason0809 :for all those people blaming scawen for not releasing the patch either today or within the weekend, stfu and go outside, its awesome sunny weather over here, besides this its god damn easter holidays, no need to work hard on new patches.

+1.
to rockclan . I never starts flaming or insulting people who post or write some comments.I think its cool waiting for new patch and write about that,but this is not really create when you write something about new patch and some dudy come and starts insult you do idiot ,because you just write someting about the patch. I dont wanna fight but i really dont like when some person just Attack me no reason and insulting me Idiot.You know who i mean. I am Cool and love LFS and waiting new patch so many years.Like i say before i buy lfs even then when its costs 100-200 euros.Its Best simulator ever!!!
luckily, you deleted your posts. that way, you don't look like a hypocrite.
progress
Quote from bunder9999 :i have a question about the moon-bounce-barriers fix...

does this also apply to situations like this? (BL pit garage - replay attached)

i was going to upload a different replay, but it didn't save... in that one, it did the bounce, but then placed me on the track near the S/F line, without damage.

Last Thursday I thought I'd have a "quick look" at that. And tried the updated segment collisons system that I did for the ray check in the new SHIFT+U mode. Segments are the curvy things that form the track, fences, walls, pit garages, some buildings, etc. Most things that you do hit are segments, unless they are "objects". I keep calling this a collision detection system but it's not just collisions, it is actually the whole contact detection system that the tyres also use to detect the ground.

Well, it was promising but problems soon showed up (like crazy collisions on things that aren't there due to incorrect assumptions). That took me on one of these development journeys, trying so many different ways to sort out the problems. There I will cut a long story short.

Finally this Wednesday I got to a usable version of a new 3d based segment collision system that is more reliable and better than any LFS has had before and you can scrape a Blackwood pit garage wall when you drive out, without being flung anywhere. Only problem was that it used about 50% more cpu.

On Thursday I was trying and trying to speed it up and finally came to a nice optimisation that means the new, accurate collision system uses less cpu than the old one. Eric, Victor and I have tested it and can't find any problems and we hope you'll find it's a lot better than the old system.

Old hotlaps can still run although they would have gone OOS because the old collision detection system is in there and that is used when you run a pre-Z30 replay.

Tuesday 12
==========
Objects in escape road at BL chicane removed from open configs
List of Hosts now shows X or Y if an open config is selected
Car reset now works on open configs (if reset is enabled)
Wear limit for changing tyres can be set to 100% (never)
Compatibility : new packets not sent if connected to old host
Compatibility : new host does not allow old versions to connect

Wednesday 13
============
FIX : Clutch axis / button was not reported from Controls screen
Surface friction of objects is now CONCRETE (was previously ICE)
Discovered that many KY2 and KY3 replays were OOS due to objects
Implemented SPR version check so old replays can still be watched
Added a new Ramp2 which is the same as Ramp1 but 2.8 metres wide
Ramp1 and Ramp2 are stored in the exe and loaded into all tracks

Thursday 14
===========
Improved Y character to make it look less like V character
FIX : Host restart exploit found by Luigi Auriemma (23 Aug 2009)
FIX : High altitude layout objects appeared under ground on load
Updated contact detection to fix pit garage exit collisions

Friday 15 to Tuesday 18
=======================
New segment collision detection system

Weds 20
=======
Finished a usable version of the new segment collision system
Objects closing pit road at SO removed from open configs
Various stacks of tyres at SO removed from open configs

Thurs 21
========
Optimised the segment collisions - now faster than old version
Implemented VOB mod protection (physical changes will cause OOS)
FIX : clicking on a car in SHIFT+U sometimes put view inside car
InSim : added more info to the IS_CON packet

Friday 22
=========
Updated follow car option in SHIFT+U mode
Added a minimum height slider bar in "more" options
New command /ck cancels any kick or ban votes in progress
New command /cv cancels any votes (kick, ban, restart, etc)
Quote from Scawen :...

Thats great news Scawen! What is left for a public release?
Good news Scawen ! Can't wait for the release, but I can wait the time it will takes
Very nice I hope to see it soon but also i, can wait the time it needs
-
(Mango Juice) DELETED by Scawen : spam
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG