The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :There is progress, and bugs to fix, but I need to stop for the day.

I can't work tomorrow for two reasons, but will be able to carry on over the weekend.

I'm just reporting this so you know the test patch will not be this weekend. There are a few too many things still to be done.

im guessing this weekend or next monday if he doesnt get held up.
I'd say the 2nd of May just to give you all a little finger and some relaxation.
Methinks we get it late next week on account of all the little tidbits that we asked Scawen to do.
If it's not out by tomorrow, then I would think it would be next week.
Would be good to have to mess about with over the long weekend, but we can't really expect Scawen to be grafting on Good Friday.
First week was over on Monday. End of the "within one to two weeks" is next monday. Means: 5 Days to go.
It was an estimate, not a promise or a firm guarantee. Isn't that clear?
Quote from tristancliffe :It was an estimate, not a promise or a firm guarantee. Isn't that clear?

You'd think this community would have learned that by now
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe : I guess it's spam. But drifting and silly crashes in a test patch?!?!?
Quote from tristancliffe :No, it's unlikely the test patch will have blurry graphics, poor drifting, or silly crashes in it. Maybe next time.

Blurry graphics maybe not, but the others certainly...it is LFS after all
I'm talking about what a new patch from the barriers do not you fly, as in the current patch ...
Release Date will be on 22nd April

Quote from [Audi TT] :I'm talking about what a new patch from the barriers do not you fly, as in the current patch ...

I can only reply with 3 words I can think of - 'No shit, Sherlock'.
Quote from Khann :You'd think this community would have learned that by now

Just take the promised release date, multiply it with two and it will be about right (except when it says "early").
Quote from GP4Flo :Just take the promised release date, multiply it with two and it will be about right (except when it says "early").

Early.. 4018? o.O
Quote from E.Reiljans :Early.. 4018? o.O

Look up the word "except" in a dictionary

By the way, on topic, when you race online with a layout on Z28 host, what will happen when you collide with a barrier?
Quote from Flame CZE :By the way, on topic, when you race online with a layout on Z28 host, what will happen when you collide with a barrier?

Blood, flesh and guts all around the place?
Quote from Flame CZE :Look up the word "except" in a dictionary

By the way, on topic, when you race online with a layout on Z28 host, what will happen when you collide with a barrier?

like it happens nowadays? if not, then it is NOT combatible with Z28 at all!
I imagine that initially your car will react in the appropriate way for the client you are running, so if you're running Z28 you'll fly off, and Z29 (or whatever it gets called) you won't.

Then, once the 'driver X crashed into barrier Y with velocity Z' message gets processed by the server, you'll get warped into the appropriate reaction for the version the server is running.
Where did Scawen go with his daily progress reports?
Quote from Amynue :Where did Scawen go with his daily progress reports?

He's probably working hard or busy or something... I'm not quite sure what he's up to though
Probably a mix of this
Quote from Scawen :
No, really, I have not changed in any way. It's the same old me...

When a patch is near and I'm fixing several things each day and looking for community input into things to make sure I've covered everything, and seeing if people have any on-topic suggestions, then I'm here, communicating.

When I'm working out maths on paper and reading up on and experimenting with and struggling with tyre model updates, I'll be completely silent for many weeks.

Compare : A manager on a building site with, say, a mathematician trying to solve a puzzle. You will see, these two people appear outwardly quite different, one talking to people all the time and the other keeping to himself and his papers. But both of them think they are doing the right thing, and they probably are.

and this
Quote from Scawen :Sorry, but I won't be doing that kind of thing. I'm not really taking general requests. Not meaning to single out your post in particular, just replying to you but the same applies to a lot of requests that have been made in this thread. I've done loads for this patch in a short time, I'm quite tired and want to get it out. So I'm working very hard to clear my list of bugs and add some remaining improvements that I have noted, as quickly as possible. I do not want to add more things which could create more bugs. I know I did the tyre wear 100% option request, but that was easy to do, in a compatible way. And I did some other suggestions because they were easy enough and very on topic.

But we are getting to the point where people are starting to come up with more and more suggestions, which are really nothing to do with the subjects of this patch, while I'm struggling away trying to finish the things that are already in the patch!

I can't fix any of those kinds of bugs. That would be a simple thing to edit, if we were releasing a track update. But this patch will be just the exe and a few files. The tracks are remaining unchanged to retain compatibility, leaving all the hotlaps valid and so on. It's not time to delete the hotlaps tables - the time for that will be when the real physics updates come. So there are no track updates in this patch. The open configurations are a function of the EXE only, they are auto-generated so no tracks need to be released.

That is to say, he doesn't need input for fixing up the rest of this patch, so he's not asking for any. He works in a way that best suits him (and LFS*, I believe), not us.

*the program, not the community
I would guess by the lack of any REAL and meaningful changes in this patch, that work probably started around the same time that half of the community here got fed up with waiting a few months ago.

Minor bug fixes are not what this game needs. It needs a developer to tell us what the plan for LFS actually is, because it really sounds like this might be that last patch ever. This patch does not begin to reflect the amount of time that has passed since the last non-bugfix release.

I really hope that this is a signal that real development is back underway, and that over the next year, a series of updates and patches are released containing NEW content, and some kind of commitment to the future of LFS.

I for one would welcome parting with some cash for a NEW LFS experience, but only if there is a roadmap published, and committed to.
Quote from Stimpy88 :I would guess by the lack of any REAL and meaningful changes in this patch, that work probably started around the same time that half of the community here got fed up with waiting a few months ago.

Minor bug fixes are not what this game needs. It needs a developer to tell us what the plan for LFS actually is, because it really sounds like this might be that last patch ever. This patch does not begin to reflect the amount of time that has passed since the last non-bugfix release.

I really hope that this is a signal that real development is back underway, and that over the next year, a series of updates and patches are released containing NEW content, and some kind of commitment to the future of LFS.

I for one would welcome parting with some cash for a NEW LFS experience, but only if there is a roadmap published, and committed to.

If you want a PLAN for what LFS is going to be, he said 3 years ago... New tire physics, Scirocco, Rockingham...

But how he can do it if he stays talking with people? Create a program is not so easy how it looks, its a lot of codes, numbers and caracters, it takes time to do... Calculate physics, so, takes even more time, as it have lots of variables included...
I guess that most of these whiners(or how its spelled) dont know anything about programming so they dont know how hard it actually is...
Im learning to become a programmer myself and i cant even start to imagine how frikkin' hard it is to make something even remotely like LFS...
So i sort of think that LFS devs deserve a break to go and do something fun once in a while...

So for the love of god stop whining and just BE PATIENT! Scawen will release the test patch when he feels its ready for testing.

And Scawen? just ignore thoes crying kids and keep up the good work.
I believe in you. You can do it.
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG