The online racing simulator
Small League for Slower Drivers
(46 posts, started )
http://www.spdoracing.com/

i belive if u make it official here on lfsforums it will end up on that site aswell so the stats will count to the bars.
Quote from Nicce :http://www.spdoracing.com/

i belive if u make it official here on lfsforums it will end up on that site aswell so the stats will count to the bars.

you make it official here, post the details (calendar, time schedule + stuff) into their thread, which is somewhere here on the forums and they will either talk back to you about further stuff to do or simply add it to their website...
btw: that is also a rather reliable source for information about the drivers
Thanks for the info, i'm browsing through there right now and it's a pretty cool site.

I'll look into it and make it work here and there.
Don't worry about the spdo database before you have started your league, if you get a decent turnout and have all the replays then I'm sure Josh will add it, however he won't add a league by randomers who haven't even run a race yet.
I would just post a target time for each track and you can't be faster than this time. This way faster drivers could add weight/air intake restriction to their own car and still participate, it would also balance the cars in each class. I would just use a system like 1xx% of world record.

I would put a big penalty like 30 sec. after the race for drivers who go faster than target time so you don't have to check every lap and that people don't drive too close from the target time.

Should be easy enough to admin and allow a much bigger pool of drivers.
if your slower than 105% no addon maybe? or something like that
maybe 105% - 1% air
103%- 1% air, some KG?
just using 1 as a generic #
I would love to race in this series! i am only fast on ovals! lol!
Thats what were good at Were definetly good at photo finishes though lol
@DeathItself - Thanks for the suggestions, but my idea is get people who usually don't get involved in leagues, because they aren't fast enough and don't want to ruin races for other people. Something more for casual racers, but with some organization.

@Mustang - Thanks, but same points above applies here.

After some testing, i think i will do short tracks with STD and TBOs (perhaps no XRT) only. That way, the cars are controllable and fun to race. So 3x 20 minutes races could get a decent number of laps (15~20).
I think maybe you could do atleast maybe on race possibly in the FBM or MRT at the end of the season. Staying in tintops could be a bit dull for some.

Spice it up as well
tibone have you thought about doing a damage control styled league? Mandatory damage repair etc, would force clean racing
@Matt.. mening if u get dmgs u must do pitstop on that lap before u can keep on ?? good idea tho.
this is interesting, let me know how it goes Juliano.
this looks interesting, i'll have a look if the schedule might fit...
Quote from Nicce :@Matt.. mening if u get dmgs u must do pitstop on that lap before u can keep on ?? good idea tho.

nope, you must pit once during a race and in that pit repair any damage you get. If you finish the race with no damage on the last bit of your race you get a bonus point. Of course this would require pit windows otherwise people would just pit on the last lap possible...
Quote from Mustangman759 :nope, you must pit once during a race and in that pit repair any damage you get. If you finish the race with no damage on the last bit of your race you get a bonus point. Of course this would require pit windows otherwise people would just pit on the last lap possible...

or on the first: once you have a clean empty track in front of you you can burn some nice laps into the asphalt.
Quote from Mustangman759 :nope, you must pit once during a race and in that pit repair any damage you get. If you finish the race with no damage on the last bit of your race you get a bonus point. Of course this would require pit windows otherwise people would just pit on the last lap possible...

Sounds fine on the paper but: 1) LFS' damage system feels rather random as it is. Some huge crashes may give you little damage and repair time(ie frontal impacts), while some others less important might give you major damage and ruin your race(ie lateral impacts, especially on some specific buggy barriers) 2) Sounds kinda frustrating if some numpty decides to twat you off at some point. You won't only lose the time while going off/recovering, but also lose time with the repairs.

7Karat's Damage Control League used this system like 2 years ago(and I suppose that's where you got the idea), and I don't even think people were more careful there than in other leagues, despite this was the aim of the concept.

Quote from TFalke55 :or on the first: once you have a clean empty track in front of you you can burn some nice laps into the asphalt.

Unless you're really slow, this often proves to be a bad strategy, since you will always have a consequent part of the field pitting in last minute. So you end up catching people who did not pit, and lose time while trying to pass them.
cool, looks good, ill would be applying to this

Small League for Slower Drivers
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG