The online racing simulator
2012 VW Beetle
(66 posts, started )
2012 VW Beetle
Dubstep number plate Wob wob wob.

Also, not bad for looks...
Next-generation Beetle drops the 'New' from its name but comes with a design update meant to keep the retro-styled model relevant

WAT
It could be a nice car for a girlfriend except for those Bentley tail lights
#5 - kirmy
oh dear it looks like porsche and bentley had a baby, and it didnt come out quite right :S
#6 - Agniz
Quote from kirmy :oh dear it looks like porsche and bentley had a baby, and it didnt come out quite right :S

I think it looks FABULOUS.
Oh my god it's ugly as sin.

The rear end looks like a baby Porsche Panamera. Or in other words: It's unbearable ugly.
Quote from ATHome :The rear end looks like a baby Porsche Panamera. Or in other words: It's ****ing beautiful.

Fixed.
Quote from kirmy :it looks like porsche and bentley

Which is exactly why it's awesome. The front is totally awesome, the rear is a bit boring in comparison but not ugly.
Quote from Agniz :

Quote from ATHome :Oh my god it's ugly as sin.

The rear end looks like a baby Porsche Panamera. Or in other words: It's unbearable ugly.

'nuff said!
Grow some taste kids. Maybe you will if you get nearer to the 30 than the 20 mark

EDIT: Except of baSh0r
#13 - PoVo
It looks like a jeep! :rolleyes:
Meh, why didn't they design a baby beetle, like the normal one?
This looks more like a truck than a car to me.
#15 - JJ72
ummm can't be worse then the old "new" beetle........still redundant.
Yes, it is indeed ugly. Exactly as ugly as all the other crappy (wannabe retro) mostly plastic barfbag cars that are out there since 2000...

Fiat 500
new Mini (more a BMW 0 series)
all the american musclecars (including mustangs, camaros,... corvettes since c5)
bmw 507 (google it)

If car factories really have to melt 2,5 tons of plastic, they should at least make it look good in ANY way.

greetz

der vintagebutz
Quote from JJ72 :ummm can't be worse then the old "new" beetle........still redundant.

So are the Fiat 500 and the BMW Mini.

Do you want to buy a 500? Buy a new Ka, it's the same underneath, it is better to drive, cheaper and has more optional extras as standard than the 500.
Or you could buy a roomier, cheaper Panda.
But why you don't? Because the 500 is the 500.

Why you buy a Mini? Because of the way it drives? Ok, but for that price you could buy a Fiesta which is almost as good, and spare some money. And maybe then buy a motorbike to have fun in the weekend.
But no. A Mini is a Mini.

The Beetle is the same. A "normal" car underneath (the booooooring Golf 6 in this case), but with a fancy exterior. If you want a Golf, you buy a Golf. If you want a sporty Golf, you buy the Scirocco. If you want a roomy/-ier Golf, you buy a Golf Plus or a Jetta. If you want a fancy Golf, you buy a Beetle. It's as simple as that.

To whom says that who's nearer to the 20's than the 30's is tasteless (yes, you, ATHome): in Italy we say "Non è bello ciò che è bello, ma è bello ciò che piace" (roughly "it isn't good what's good, it's good what you like"), or as the Latin's would say "De gustibus non est disputandum" ("You should not argue about taste").

You don't like the latest Beetle, it's ok to me. But I think it is very impolite to say that we don't have taste.
It would have been enormously less rude if you said: "Do you really like the new Beetle? It's not my case at all, I think etc. etc. etc".
Tasteless is my second name, and I can live with that
Go and fight somewhere else about taste kids.

Me likes, neat looking car for ladies.
#20 - JJ72
Quote from freddyalek90 :So are the Fiat 500 and the BMW Mini.

Do you want to buy a 500? Buy a new Ka, it's the same underneath, it is better to drive, cheaper and has more optional extras as standard than the 500.
Or you could buy a roomier, cheaper Panda.
But why you don't? Because the 500 is the 500.

Why you buy a Mini? Because of the way it drives? Ok, but for that price you could buy a Fiesta which is almost as good, and spare some money. And maybe then buy a motorbike to have fun in the weekend.
But no. A Mini is a Mini.

The Beetle is the same. A "normal" car underneath (the booooooring Golf 6 in this case), but with a fancy exterior. If you want a Golf, you buy a Golf. If you want a sporty Golf, you buy the Scirocco. If you want a roomy/-ier Golf, you buy a Golf Plus or a Jetta. If you want a fancy Golf, you buy a Beetle. It's as simple as that.

To whom says that who's nearer to the 20's than the 30's is tasteless (yes, you, ATHome): in Italy we say "Non è bello ciò che è bello, ma è bello ciò che piace" (roughly "it isn't good what's good, it's good what you like"), or as the Latin's would say "De gustibus non est disputandum" ("You should not argue about taste").

You don't like the latest Beetle, it's ok to me. But I think it is very impolite to say that we don't have taste.
It would have been enormously less rude if you said: "Do you really like the new Beetle? It's not my case at all, I think etc. etc. etc".

I HAVE a new Mini.

I like the 500, I like the new mini, I just don't like this.
It definitely looks better than the spy shots of it did, but that could just be photographer trickery.

And no, we definitely do NOT need this in LFS.
Quote from MAGGOT :
And no, we definitely do NOT need this in LFS.

Why? The Scirocco is dated.
Is it me or has VW been making some good looking cars lately?
Quote from Senninha25 :Is it me or has VW been making some good looking cars lately?

+1... indeed, they are.
IMHO there are much worse looking cars out there.

Still, unless it has the traditional rear engined rear wheel drive setup, it won't be interesting, as it will be another overpriced but less practical Golf in disguise...

EDIT: just read the text, it's gonna be FF...

2012 VW Beetle
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG