The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Stage 1 remap is what I had. Basically takes a few hours, they load a generic map for your model and then some places tweak it a little for your specific vehicle (what Rtech did for me)

Stage 2 and stage 3 remaps take days (they end to keep your vehicle) and are generally completely custom maps for your exact configuration. This optimizes everything as much as possible and results in max power with the smoothest curves.

Quote from RasmusL :http://www.bishopsperformance.com/images/proof/4thVs5thSAE0.jpg
http://www.bishopsperformance. ... es/proof/4thVs5thSAE3.jpg
http://www.bishopsperformance. ... es/proof/4thVs5thSAE5.jpg

Same dyno, same car, same time. Different smoothing.
You could easily set the smoothing even higher.

Now how hard is it to be smooth?

That's a bike? Chain slap, tyre temps (thus rolling cirumfernce changes however slight) and vibration can all create that affect.

Cars are different. I'm not saying what you've said is wrong but yeah, you get my point.
Sure is a bike Cars are practically the same though.
It's fairly certain that the dyno that was posted had a smoothing of 5. The only thing that could possibly make it not smooth is bad fueling.

now only thing what is left, is moaaaaaaaaaaaar looooow
and some 20mm spacers maybe
and front bumper lip
Liking it, alot.
That's a real street hotty! Lower is better. Looks tasty.
Quote from Agniz :
now only thing what is left, is moaaaaaaaaaaaar looooow
and some 20mm spacers maybe
and front bumper lip

More low? You must have perfect roads then. Rims would look much better with the caps on them. Is it only me, or the paintjob looks weird? Maybe it's the dirt, or dunno.
I don't think roads in Latvia are good enough for very low cars. They are similar to Lithuanian, and here roads are crap. Couple of days ago one chav drove lowered bimmer near my house, killed his oil pan into a sewer hatch and drove away without even noticing it. Now I have a big ugly black stain on the road in front of my house, seems like he wasn't changing oil in that car for 10 years, such black oil, I've never seen anything that black in my life.
Might have been a diesel . But yeah, I know my E34 looks silly as it's kinda high (esp. the front), but the suspension just got sorted out and now it's perfect, feels so comfy. Lowering it would look cool, but I just can't afford getting new suspension parts / rims / tyres each year. Our roads are horrible. Really... It's an awesome crusing car, I don't wanna ruin the overall feeling of it.
Quote from KiRmelius :I don't think roads in Latvia are good enough for very low cars. They are similar to Lithuanian, and here roads are crap.

Wait wait, roads in Lithuania are crap?No, no, no, you got it wrong here. I have been lots of times in Lithuania and roads there are waaaay better, seriously, it was so good after roads of Latvia,like, when you can drive and there's no huge potholes in the middle of the road without any way of avoiding them
But zeh loweringz killz da perfomanzez. Y u no listen.*

*Some forum users on here. Strange they havent showed up yet.

Lovely looking bimmer Agniz.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :More low? You must have perfect roads then. Rims would look much better with the caps on them. Is it only me, or the paintjob looks weird? Maybe it's the dirt, or dunno.

Roads are awful, but mainly I drive in city, never have driven on redneck'ish countryside roads whose look like a war field here.
Yes, I also want caps, but seller didn't have them. It's pretty difficult to find even one, once saw two on eBay for about 120eur
IDK about the paintjob, it looks pretty nice when car is clean - it is bmw original color Mauritius blau. And yes, car hasn't been washed for about 2 months.

Quote from DevilDare :But zeh loweringz killz da perfomanzez. Y u no listen

Omgzzz, yes! And those 8J's with wrong ET and 215/40 on them ruin da handlingzz also!!!!11
Quote from DevilDare :But zeh loweringz killz da perfomanzez. Y u no listen.

But.. It does
If you're okay with that and you know that is what will happen, I see no reason to not do it
Quote from Agniz :IDK about the paintjob, it looks pretty nice when car is clean...

It's probably something in the reflections showing up on the image. Makes the body panels look like they are all warped and wavy to me on the hood and front fender. Not quite a high quality image as well.
Bought the larger discs / calipers for my car a while back, been spending a bit of time here and there cleaning them up. After that, gave them a few coats of paint (went for blue), and got them looking quite nice, although it took quite a while to do.

Today, my Dad took them to work to bake the paint in, but it seems not all the paint was done so they need a few more coats.

The brakes only fit under 18" wheels (and a few very wide 17"s...) - but not an issue on the ZT's 18" OEM wheels.

Unfortunately, I also bid on some 15" Subaru wheels with some snow tyres, and won those as well... so now i have to face giving up on winter wheels (which I really don't want to do), or give up on the brake upgrade (which I don't need, but wanted, and put a lot of work into).

Balls

EDIT - INB4 flames about the brakes.
I like how people upgrade rotors and calipers on a streetcar only to use OEM padcompounds and never use the car other than on the street.
Quote from Osco :I like how people upgrade rotors and calipers on a streetcar only to use OEM padcompounds and never use the car other than on the street.

Isn't that the same deal as those Semi slicks? I mean if you don't track day, what is the point?
Did I say that?
Quote from Jakg :Bought the larger discs / calipers for my car a while back, been spending a bit of time here and there cleaning them up. After that, gave them a few coats of paint (went for blue), and got them looking quite nice, although it took quite a while to do.

Today, my Dad took them to work to bake the paint in, but it seems not all the paint was done so they need a few more coats.

The brakes only fit under 18" wheels (and a few very wide 17"s...) - but not an issue on the ZT's 18" OEM wheels.

Unfortunately, I also bid on some 15" Subaru wheels with some snow tyres, and won those as well... so now i have to face giving up on winter wheels (which I really don't want to do), or give up on the brake upgrade (which I don't need, but wanted, and put a lot of work into).

Balls

Only going to flame you for the wheels. Who the hell has winter wheels anyway? Normal tyres will suffice. I went through winter on a set of budgets on my Corsa before I replaced them with the Falkens at the start of January and I didn't crash or burn once.
-
(-NightFly-) DELETED by -NightFly- : wrong tab...
Quote from Jakg :Unfortunately, I also bid on some 15" Subaru wheels with some snow tyres, and won those as well... so now i have to face giving up on winter wheels (which I really don't want to do), or give up on the brake upgrade (which I don't need, but wanted, and put a lot of work into).

Balls

You can either swap the brakes to smaller sets for winter and use the smaller wheels (not a problem if you can do the work yourself), get a huge set of steelies to wrap some winter rubber around or buy a winter beater and keep your 75 for the rest of the year.
Quote from S14 DRIFT : Who the hell has winter wheels anyway?

any normal person has a set of winter and summer wheels.
(mine:front summer wheels,rear winter)
Attached images
csabi 008.jpg
Changing the wheels and tires each season makes me feel like it is cheaper to live here.
Quote from e2mustang :any normal person has a set of winter and summer wheels.

Not in england we dont, well, maybe some people might, but its certianly not the norm.
Quote from e2mustang :any normal person has a set of winter and summer wheels.

Guess 85% of the UK population aren't normal.
uk doesnt even have snow :P i meant where there is actually a winter/summer season. just think about it,if u know winter gets lots of snow usually, why wouldnt u have a snow set right?
And that makes US not normal people
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :You can either swap the brakes to smaller sets for winter and use the smaller wheels (not a problem if you can do the work yourself)

Surely that is mega hassle? I'm sure i'd be ok doing it myself (before I go the ZT I used to take it to a garage to get the headlight bulbs changed & now I can do pretty much everything electrical myself), but bleeding the system sounds like a mega ballache, especially when I dont *need* the upgraded brakes, so would probably just not bother after a while.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Only going to flame you for the wheels. Who the hell has winter wheels anyway? Normal tyres will suffice. I went through winter on a set of budgets on my Corsa before I replaced them with the Falkens at the start of January and I didn't crash or burn once.

I would said the same last year, but I had a hairy journey last year where I very nearly rear ended a car, and kerbed it twice - and it wasn't even my fault, I just suddenly had no grip. The overriding throught as I slid ever nearer to that Mondeo was "I wonder how much winter tyres would cost, versus the damage i'm about to do to my car..."

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Guess 85% of the UK population aren't normal.

I'd think it would be probably more like 95% of the people don't have winter tyres. But why not? Might as well have tyres suited to the conditions (summer & winters), especially when (hopefully) 15" winter tyres will cost less than 18" summers (or at least no more).
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG