The online racing simulator
LFS Replay Analyser 1.1
(226 posts, started )
Quote from tedkurtz :When I download this file I get a file only 119 KB long that won't unzip. My Windows XP Professional Firewall is disabled and I am using the Norton Security Suite security system. I don't ordinarily have this sort of problem. I downloaded LFS OK for example. I also downloaded and extracted F1perfview OK.

Has anyone any thoughts on what is wrong?

No idea, sorry. All I can say is that it downloads fine when I try it. But I don't have Norton. (Using Firefox, BTW.)
For comparison, you could try to download some of the other executables from this forum.

Or you can drop me an e-mail or PM with your e-mail address, and I'll send the zip to you.
Downloaded OK!
Thank you for your helpful response. I tried Firefox and the file downloaded and unzipped OK. I've tried your Analyzer. Fantastic! Very user friendly. Congratulations for developing such a wonderful program.

Regards,

Ted
Not able to retrieve the file. No problems with other files from the site. The response is that the Zip is a "bad archive" and the zip will not open. The zip file it self is not near the stated size in Mb.
Quote from Mav87th :Not able to retrieve the file. No problems with other files from the site. The response is that the Zip is a "bad archive" and the zip will not open. The zip file it self is not near the stated size in Mb.

Just like the previous poster... Very strange.
Again, I have no problems when I try it, so I expect it has something to do with overactive anti-malware apps, or possibly strict download settings in the browser.

I can only give the same suggestions:
- As a test, download some other zip file with an executable (like this one.)
- Try a different browser.
- Send me a PM with your e-mail address, so I can mail LRA to you.
Had no problems downloading the c++ x-z-y file at all.

PM sent with my email.

Thanks for the help Wsinda
Hello. LRA is a great free data analysis tool. I see there's an export CSV feature, but no import CSV feature. Are there any plans for importing CSVs or perhaps a tool to convert CSV to RAF?

I'd like to use LRA with real data output from my car (time, speed, distance, latG, longG, lat, long).

Thanks.
Quote from porphyre :Hello. LRA is a great free data analysis tool. I see there's an export CSV feature, but no import CSV feature. Are there any plans for importing CSVs or perhaps a tool to convert CSV to RAF?

I'd like to use LRA with real data output from my car (time, speed, distance, latG, longG, lat, long).

No, there are no plans for CSV import. LRA is also too dependent on the extra information that is present in RAF files.

You might try Bosch Lapsim, it's free and AFAIK it wiil read CSV files.
Zoom the Driving Line?
Hello,

I have been using the LFS Replay Analyzer a lot, and I think it is a fantastic tool for seeing where my problems lie. I hesitate to suggest changes lest that be interpreted as a criticism of a wonderful program. There is, however, one modification which I think would be easy to make and be very useful, at least to me. I would like to be able to zoom the Driving Line so that I could take a closer look at my line than is currently the case.

Thank you,

Ted
Quote from tedkurtz :I would like to be able to zoom the Driving Line so that I could take a closer look at my line than is currently the case.

You already can, by using the mouse wheel over the Driving Line pane. Clicking the mouse wheel resets the zoom to the default value. The context menu (= right mouse button) also offers the possibility to zoom in and out, although that is a bit cumbersome. But it might be the only possbility if you are using a touchpad.
First of all great work here
Is it possible to read ride height and tyre temps? I know I can do it in game but it would be nice to see it graphed.
Quote from Bryan1 :First of all great work here
Is it possible to read ride height and tyre temps? I know I can do it in game but it would be nice to see it graphed.

By "ride height" you probably mean the live height of the wheel, not the one in the setup. That is called "Suspension travel remaining" in LRA, the amount of vertical travel that is left before the wheel hits the bump stop.

Live tyre temps are not available, because LFS doesn't save them in the RAF file. (To be exact: there is one integer number in the RAF file that gives you the temperature in degrees Celsius, across the whole tyre.) In the Properties pane in LRA you can find these as the average tyre temp, but that won't tell you much.
Thanks for your reply.
On MoTec for example shows where or if the car is hitting the ground and exactly how low I could run the car.
Shame about the tyre temps.
Hello,
my guess is that LRA can't yet analyse laps that are on 0.6B open config track right?
Or is there another cause for this error, when I load a .raf from an open track config:
Error loading "filename": File format error (block count = 0)
And from the file list, the .raf files that were recorded on open configs are grayed out.

Is it alot of work for you to implement open configurations in LRA?
Quote from xfirestorm :my guess is that LRA can't yet analyse laps that are on 0.6B open config track right? Or is there another cause for this error, when I load a .raf from an open track config: Error loading "filename": File format error (block count = 0) And from the file list, the .raf files that were recorded on open configs are grayed out.

The error message and the grayed-out files both mean that those RAF files do not contain any usable data. The "block count" is the number of car states (= samples) that LFS wrote to the RAF file. You can check that by looking at the file size. If the file contains only some header data, then it will be a few 100 bytes. Valid RAF files are at least 100k, up to a few megabytes.
So it should be able to analyse open configs?
Quote from xfirestorm :So it should be able to analyse open configs?

Um, no. As far as I can see, the RAF files that the current version of LFS generates are practically empty (for open configs, I mean), and can't be used by LRA or by any other analyser. But even if LFS would be updated, then it's unlikely that LRA will be able to handle them. I'll try to explain below.

In a RAF file for a closed config, each sample contains the car's distance from the start line. This measure makes it possible to compare two laps: if car A is at the same distance as car B, then they're at the same spot in the lap (though not at exactly the same X and Y coordinates), and it makes sense to compare their speed etc. For every closed config, LFS also has a PTH file that contains the "path" i.e. the standard trajectory for a lap. The distance I mentioned is measured along this path

AFAIK, open configs don't have such a standard path. So do laps on the Autocross track, BTW: the AU track itself is just a big square, and a lap is only defined by the objects in the layout.

LRA was built with the assumption that such a path is available. I have thought about making it suitable for Autocross laps, but there was no easy solution.

Furthermore, I've stopped further development of LRA (for personal reasons). I'm monitoring this thread only to provide support and to solve serious bugs, should they be discovered. The source code is available in the release, so others could take it on, but I know that that's not everyone's idea of a fun time.

All in all, the chances of being able to analyse open-config laps are pretty thin.
Thank you for the explanation.

At least I know I wasn't doing something wrong.
SO3R bug
Hello!

SO3R RAF file loaded as SO2R file(XFR).

Thanks for great application!
Quote from ricebug :SO3R RAF file loaded as SO2R file(XFR).

You're right, it mentions the wrong track. Fortunately, it shows the correct track map.
Hi, how can I analyze my first lap or the 1 lap long autocross events?

Thank you!
Quote from Tilus :Hi, how can I analyze my first lap or the 1 lap long autocross events?

Unfortunately, you can't. This is a limitation of LFS: it can not generate a RAF file for autocross laps, or in any case, a file that contains useful data (see also this post). For the first lap of a single-player race, there is a similar problem: when you instruct LFS to write a RAF file, the car must be some minimum distance before the start/finish line, and at the start of the race, your car is already too close.
Quote from wsinda :Unfortunately, you can't. This is a limitation of LFS: it can not generate a RAF file for autocross laps, or in any case, a file that contains useful data (see also this post). For the first lap of a single-player race, there is a similar problem: when you instruct LFS to write a RAF file, the car must be some minimum distance before the start/finish line, and at the start of the race, your car is already too close.

Thank you the answer.

Yes, there is the same problem, if I make some "fun circle" on the track (during a single player race), the Replay Analyser can't process the move of the car. :twirl:

I don't need the distance on the X dimension, just the time.

But if the finish line is the only starting point for the RAF generating... that is trouble
not getting to view the replays how do I see the replays from quandonjogo application a pasar spr for the same file from an error
It looks like you were trying to read the SPR file directly. LRA can not read these, you first have to create a RAF file from the SPR. The LRA manual (included in the ZIP file) describes how you can do that.
Quote from traxxion :
Quote from wsinda :Setup data retrieval

Seems like a nice tool, but this ^ is wrong in many ways....

100% agree except to ask this question: how many damn decimal places does your program output?

traxxion i seem to have misplaced some of my notes. would it be unethical for me to look at my own files to recover the fine print?

of course suggesting the honor system is a little bit silly on my part.

LFS Replay Analyser 1.1
(226 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG