The online racing simulator
Quote from jason0075 :When this test patch is released, Is there any way I can be notified or where can I go to get it. Thanks

Yeah, the devs usually send out e-mails when there is something new.
Thanks both of you, And for such quick reply
Cant wait.
Because of upcoming patches I've created a new holder for my pedals

To this day I used this German ammo pack as a holder, it carries that speaker now:

But it was loose and very unstable!

Now, it is solid and pedals are attached by 4 screws.

Wooden boards from basement - free
Metal mounting elements in number of 32 - 2,5 €
Time - 3 hours
Attached images
skrzynia.jpg
deski.jpg
rig.jpg
#605 - e.M
Quote from pasibrzuch :Because of upcoming patches I've created a new holder for my pedals

To this day I was using this German ammo pack as a holder, it carries that speaker now:

But it was loose and very unstable!

Now, it is solid and pedals are attached by 4 screws.

Wooden boards from basement - free
Metal mounting elements in number of 32 - 2,5 €
Time - 3 hours

from your mouse position im guessing you are a lefty and is it really better there? couse im a lefty too
Quote from e.M :from your mouse position im guessing you are a lefty and is it really better there? couse im a lefty too

Yes, I use mouse on left side since I use it. But I didn't change mouse buttons, so left click is still left click. For me it's better, just like writing or throwing
Quote from e.M :from your mouse position im guessing you are a lefty and is it really better there? couse im a lefty too

im a lefty as well but my mouse is on the right... i can use it on the left though no probs
I'm also a lefty an used to use my mouse like that but after years of people moving it back to the "normal" way I gave up. Back to topic now?
Progress...
There is progress, and bugs to fix, but I need to stop for the day.

I can't work tomorrow for two reasons, but will be able to carry on over the weekend.

I'm just reporting this so you know the test patch will not be this weekend. There are a few too many things still to be done.
I'm liking these progress reports Scawen, thanks for the update!
Thanks for letting us know! Now we shall see what happens next Friday.
Thanks for all the work, Scawen! I'm looking forward to the new patch!
Friday, friday, getting down on next friday! Enjoy your weekend with your family Scawen
Oh hell yeah, better let us know than say nothing thanks alot Scawen, have a nice friday.
Thanks for keeping the community so much informed recently Scawen, much appreciated

Quote from aroX123 :Friday, friday, getting down on next friday!

:hide:
Quote from juunasd :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0
srry had to post that

You really didn't have any real reason to post that.
Anyways, by posting that shit it get's even more famous and people are like "so many views, why oh gosh why?" Well, you're an example why.

Ontopic: I'm really liking this so far, Scawen posting every day and giving some info what you're doing and even telling us that you'll be away. Like, dream come true, we finally hear small details from everything you do, that's really something that means a lot to some i suppose, to me atleast.

Have a nice weekend if you can, hope that you'll have a good time with your family, scawen.
That's some awesome news Scawen !

I really wasn't expecting that kind of update, but I am really excited about it. I can't wait to try that mini-oval on Fern Bay !

Thanks a lot again
Thanks for the reports Scawen, keep up the brilliant work!
last year i did not spend a lot of time in LFS. for many reasons. since the last month i wanted to pick up LFS again but there where not a lot of interesting servers anymore. so i did not had the drive to pick it up.. Now i read this message and realy my LFS light fires up again. finaly an update that makes a huge step forward. especially the open map, fixed walls are great in my opinion. two things i wanted since my start in LFS 6 years ago.

keep up the good work guys!!

p.s. my english went down the drain a little to now i'm not that much on international forums anymore. need to work on that myselve! update is comming soon
Quote :
"added Thu, Dec 11th, 2008 19:10
>Announcing VW Scirocco

"We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December." - Taken from LFS.net

I find it humorous that in Dec 2008, the LFS team was expected to release the Sirocco. Sadly it's been almost 3 years.

In the time frame of 3 years, Infinity Ward was able to release new multiplayer maps for Cod4 MW, and come out with a new game entirely MW2, and new maps for that, AND they are almost done with MW3, which is probably coming out in November.

Turn 10 studios was able to make a new game, Forza Motorsport 3, including hundreds of cars and realistic physics and customizations. They are expected to release Forza Motorsport 4 INCLUDING Kinect gameplay around september.

The studio that brought you Gran Turismo, came out with Gran Turismo 4, having hundreds of beautifully crafted cars, rally mode, realistic weather, even night mode.

What have the LFS team brought us in the course of 3 years? Patches, some tire physics, some shirts, and a blast from the past?

Lets kick it into overdrive and let the players get some good out of this please. Thank you.
-
(pik_d) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
-
(HKS_ERALD) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
Scawen! But what about WR's? If evryone can create new configurations, how the WR's will be saved?

Did WR's will have sense in Z30?

They will work only on officials configurations?
-
(Poldy1603) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
Quote from HKS_ERALD :3 people that can't seem to release a car that they've been advertising for 3 years?

:thumbsdow is what I think of your post my good man

If you'd followed the development you'd know that the Scirocco pushed Scawen to improve the tire physics because he couldn't match LFS to real life to his liking.

:thumbsdow is what I think of your critical thinking and/or reading comprehension.

Quote from eX-Driv3r :Scawen! But what about WR's? If evryone can create new configurations, how the WR's will be saved?

Did WR's will have sense in Z30?

They will work only on officials configurations?

There will be no LFSW WRs for custom configurations. Maybe some insim app could do something unofficially but I'm not really sure.
-
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
-
Quote from pik_d :
There will be no LFSW WRs for custom configurations. Maybe some insim app could do something unofficially but I'm not really sure.

Im not sure either... Problem is that the layout must be -exactly- the same otherwise it's a bit silly to compare times between servers.

Possible solution; some CRC check code for the layout which is being used in InSim.

Positioning of objects, like if it's only one, must lead to a differently generated code.

Then it will be fair to check results across servers.
Quote from Scawen :
I'm just reporting this so you know the test patch will not be this weekend. There are a few too many things still to be done.

Good, start of next month is also fine with me, especially when the thing I mentioned above needs some work
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG