The online racing simulator
#526 - e.M
Quote from Rynno666 :hmm yeah but i think it might be make chaos on server multiplayer if you drive and some 5-10 kids wanna jump they car full speed ram and many many crashes and people stay on the middle of the road on the roof and you just want drive normal.Maybe its my wrong opinion but i think its happening like i say.

nobody gonna use ramps in racing server, stop trolling
it would be cool if u could make the AUTOCROSS biger than it is so we could make some real size tracks atleast for drifting
to e.M wtf what trolling? stfu man i just asked .Shut up !
Sorry if anyone suggested this already, but since ramps can get bigger, can barriers become longer too? Like, have 20m long barriers, instead of the standard(7m?) ones. This would be really helpful, especially when making new combos.

..If it's a quick change of course.

[Correction] Can we have Barrier2, which will be longer - not making current barriers longer. But, I hope that was pretty much obvious.
I have a problem with pedal configuration...My G25's throttle/brake pedals (set as combined in the game) seem to be "zeroed-out" whenever I start LFS, switch to it from other windows or change between full screen/window mode and I have to floor both pedals (without resorting to the options > controls menu) to recalibrate them.
This has been happening ever since I started using Windows 7 (Ultimate), so I don't know if this is caused by the OS' permissions bug or LFS has a bug that just "forgets" my pedals' axis' values everytime I minimize LFS/move to another window.
i have a question about the moon-bounce-barriers fix...

does this also apply to situations like this? (BL pit garage - replay attached)

i was going to upload a different replay, but it didn't save... in that one, it did the bounce, but then placed me on the track near the S/F line, without damage.
Attached files
blah.spr - 4.7 KB - 351 views
Quote from Scawen :Surface friction of objects is now CONCRETE (was previously ICE)
Added a new Ramp2 which is the same as Ramp1 but 2.8 metres wide
Ramp1 and Ramp2 are stored in the exe and loaded into all tracks

Woohoo!
Just wondering, why was objects friction even set to ICE?
Now, we can use those ramps as we please, and that's a really good thing
Quote from Senninha25 :I have a problem with pedal configuration...My G25's throttle/brake pedals (set as combined in the game) seem to be "zeroed-out" whenever I start LFS, switch to it from other windows or change between full screen/window mode and I have to floor both pedals (without resorting to the options > controls menu) to recalibrate them.
This has been happening ever since I started using Windows 7 (Ultimate), so I don't know if this is caused by the OS' permissions bug or LFS has a bug that just "forgets" my pedals' axis' values everytime I minimize LFS/move to another window.

Have you done a hard calibration in LFS yet?
Quote from Senninha25 :I have a problem with pedal configuration...My G25's throttle/brake pedals (set as combined in the game) seem to be "zeroed-out" whenever I start LFS, switch to it from other windows or change between full screen/window mode and I have to floor both pedals (without resorting to the options > controls menu) to recalibrate them.

Did you wait until there was a thread started by Scawen to post about your problem?
Now that ramps are fixed scawen, will we be allwoed to place the ramps "overlapping" would be cool if we could use them to creat oval-ish banked turns, maybe allow us to change angle/ length of them aswell
-for the future, just spurred an idea
Quote from Tur8o :in that case it would also be nice to be able to repair certain area's of the car..

e.g. only have front left damper damage... can select to repair front left suspension and so on..

you dont always want to repair the exterior as it takes time in race's this would also improve endurance races and make it more realistic imo..

Scawen:

I understand maybe you didn't see this post hope you this one however and can say of this could be implemented or not

Many thanks.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Now that ramps are fixed scawen, will we be allwoed to place the ramps "overlapping" would be cool if we could use them to creat oval-ish banked turns, maybe allow us to change angle/ length of them aswell
-for the future, just spurred an idea

Great idea. You can place them overlapping in the LYTe app.
Quote from Scawen :
No, really, I have not changed in any way. It's the same old me...

When a patch is near and I'm fixing several things each day and looking for community input into things to make sure I've covered everything, and seeing if people have any on-topic suggestions, then I'm here, communicating.

When I'm working out maths on paper and reading up on and experimenting with and struggling with tyre model updates, I'll be completely silent for many weeks.

Completey agree. Sometimes you need time to think and no distraction. And when you come close to releasing something, getting latest thoughts, ideas and fingerpoints to important stuff, you haven't thought of due to other stuff. Perfect.

I love that you involve the community in finalizing the patch.

Really looking forward to it. Thanks!
yes but they arent very long, but it is a good idea
---
but scawen I hope you hear my idea out, this way maybe some of us can take advantage of this and make oval styled tracks.
Imo this is the best patch so far (although i haven't played LFS from the beginning).
This patch might make me start playing LFS again.
Quote from BlackbirdCaD :Imo this is the best patch so far (although i haven't played LFS from the beginning).
This patch might make me start playing LFS again.

Welcome back mate!
And also I can only agree.. ONE of the best if not the best
ramps on Kyoto here i come!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I tried it this past weekend.. I tried to race in iRacing, NKP and LFS this weekend. iRacing I got crashed out of a race by an idiot. NKP online is hopeless right now. LFS I can still join a server and race without any thoughts.

I think that iRacing's problem is that there must be alot of "Desperate Dan" people on there, desperate to boost their rank/stats.
I don't know if it is a bug or not, but when you're playing LFS in windowed mode, it's annoying to control the car with a mouse. When you clip your mouse to the window, it's OK, it doesn't go further than the window, but then if you're pulling on accellerator (usually it is left mouse button) you accidentally resize your window (mouse picks border of the window and voila). It's not the most important thing, but if/when you have everything done, can you please look at that?
Quote from dj_hitas :When you clip your mouse to the window, it's OK, it doesn't go further than the window ...

For some reason mine goes over the window borders and mouse isnt active inside lfs.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Usefully you go through both of these stages. When working LFS features, you tend to be very open and outward and ask for peoples thoughts for certain things and use the input. But for the physics and other aspects of the sim, you're very closed.

Programmers don't tend to be very outward.

I don't know about Scawen, but I know alot of people don't like to be analyzed, especially by someone they don't know.
I can confirm what dj hitas said as I often drive with mouse, I have to avoid windowed mode because whilst the mouse can actually even when clipped resize the window. It's not a huge problem as I normally drive fullscreen, and not often do i accelerate/brake whilst turning full lock But sometimes it happens heh

Edit: Thank you for implementing my ramp suggestion Scawen, you're the best!
Quote from Scawen :
Compare : A manager on a building site with, say, a mathematician trying to solve a puzzle. You will see, these two people appear outwardly quite different, one talking to people all the time and the other keeping to himself and his papers. But both of them think they are doing the right thing, and they probably are.

AKA "Need to know basis" great work Scawen. i'll look forward to exploring LFS even more.
Quote from boothy :Did you wait until there was a thread started by Scawen to post about your problem?

I posted my problem here just in case of it being related to some compatibility issues with Z28...never had this problem when I used WinXP but it's happening with Windows 7. Here's the main reason I made my previous post. ye doubtful divveh :P
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG