The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Yeah, I think I'll take them up on this offer, payday on Friday.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Yeah, I think I'll take them up on this offer, payday on Friday.

me too, except payday is next week monday
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Imagine how cheap it is for us lot in the UK considering the exchange rate.

Or for the rest of the europeans either. Exchange rates fro USD-EUR are once again in the 1.45 range. Better get them before the banks start collapsing when the big countries start going down
I also have a $10 for 3 months promo code for new members only. PM if interested.
I've got a new members promo code as well if anyone wants it. PM please.

Looking for a $10 re-sub for existing members promo code if anyone has one they don't intend to use. Thanks.
Quote from DeKo :That's quite a well known bump, if you hit it straight in a fast car you can clear the fence.

Well I found out about it while going sideways on the grass, had no idea it was there until that happened.
I've got a promo for new members too just pm me.
Finished 5th in my first Mazda Cup race, very nervous race from me but on the whole it was fun. Next time I might actually get a podium.

EDIT: Definately win or podium in my next race, since I only just realised the Mazda Cup car is setup for Laguna Seca, and the Roadster in setup for Lime Rock. I used the wrong car, which is a second slower and still mixed it up with everyone in the roadster.
Nascar COT @ Infineon is possibly the most fun I've had so far on iRacing. Races later on in the week will be great with a full grid.
Actually i believe Roadster is quicker in both circuits. (correct me if I am wrong)
Anybody followed the survey about the numbers on the cars for official races (user preference or by iRating)? I think iRacing shot themselves in the foot with this one - whatever they do, half the people will be disappointed...
Tony said on PSRTV last night that:
  • the skippy is going to get remodelled graphically
  • cars will be getting headlights
  • one road car will be getting the new tyre model
  • new aero changes to help high line
  • driver animations toward full pit crew
  • 74 different awards
These will come in the April or July build...

for those who don't want to download it:
Quote :“In April we have an awards system coming out, where you'll earn 74 different awards at this point. We'll have the damage repair completed for every car. We're going to do a teaser release for the new tire model. That looks like it's going to go. We're going to roll it out for the Nationwide car and probably a road car as well. The new Nationwide car will be in the build, if you own the existing Nationwide car you will get that for free. We're going to roll out the Okayama track in Japan, we're going to give that away to everyone for free. New graphics for Skip Barber car, we'll start some animation in the sim in this build. New telemetry tools coming out, the list goes on and on. There's a hundred small things in this build, a lot to do with hosted racing. You can schedule hosted racing a year in advanced. You can pick different sessions for hosted racing or private league racing, two hours sessions, four hour session, six hour sessions, a bunch of things like that.

The July build is the real big one though with the new tire model launching, heat racing. We're going to roll out some driver aids for hosted sessions and certain series. Major aero changes, these drivers will be able to drive the high line so much better. So we're real excited about that, obviously really excited about the tire model. The Suzuka track, Iowa, the Ford GT car, LMPT2 car coming out in that build. The list goes on and on, there is a lot coming out this summer.”

Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Actually i believe Roadster is quicker in both circuits. (correct me if I am wrong)

I think the world record times are not that much different (roadster edging it by a few hundreds of a second, although I could be wrong).

However in the hands of the majority the Roadster is the faster of the 2.
Fun Race during 13th week on a Mustang
In the rookie series with fixed setups the Roadster is faster. With unlocked setups, the cup has a lot more adjustments and is almost identical with a decent setup. All they have to do is give the cup a better setup in the rookie series and the cars will be closer.
Any changes in the pipeline for the pricing structure?
Also when is the April build due?
Only pricing changes we know of are about hosted sessions (half a dollar for one hour server time)...

New build should arrive in two weeks, usually it's rolled out on Friday...
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Actually i believe Roadster is quicker in both circuits. (correct me if I am wrong)

Ah okay, well roadster it is for me. It just seemed to me like the gearing on the roadster is perfect for Lime Rock, and the cup gearing is perfect for Laguna.
Quote from DeKo :That's quite a well known bump, if you hit it straight in a fast car you can clear the fence.

I lost in exactly the same place the other day, bit of oversteer corrected and stuck me straight onto that. I didn't know it was their either but with a little bounce soon cleared the barrier.

Glad I took up the offer for the cheap 3 months, enjoying getting back into racing again. Still my favorite is the mx5 at laguna seca, seems to work so well.

As for the roadster / cup I took the roadster as right hand drive and feel more natural but I tried the cup at laguna seca and I find the opposite that the roadster has the better gearing for me. The only exception being up the hill to the corkscrew as third will top out but a quick shift into 4th and it is usually alright.
I usually just bounce off the limiter in 3rd going up that hill, speed is the same as in 4th and it makes it a little easier under braking for the 'screw.
Quote from DeKo :In the rookie series with fixed setups the Roadster is faster. With unlocked setups, the cup has a lot more adjustments and is almost identical with a decent setup. All they have to do is give the cup a better setup in the rookie series and the cars will be closer.

What's the actual difference between the two cars beside setups?
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :What's the actual difference between the two cars beside setups?

One is right-hand drive and has 5 gears, the other one is left-hand drive and has 6...
Is it possible to renew your subs using only a gift voucher?. I was thinking of banking some dollars in the form of gift vouchers whilst the exchange rate is favourable.

or will paypal let me buy $ or turn my balance into $?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG