The online racing simulator
UF1 Physics workout
(25 posts, started )
UF1 Physics workout
and now for something completely different.

just a super quick video i created just for a bit of a laugh. its very no frills but interesting i think!

its the UF1 attacking a stunt course i created up many months ago. the video is actually recorded at 0.5 (half) game speed, so as you can imagine i was really flying through this course

Right Click and Save As
40mb DivX

or if that is too slow, try this
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DSPQCNX0
going a solid 50k for me

only gonna take 10 mins
Maximum speed I got was 3k, so canceled it.....
Don't know what speed I got it at, but I had it in less than 4 minutes.

Nice movie! Could you post that layout in the layout sections? Or a link if it's already there? Looks like fun, I wanna try it too
that was really impressive,
i wanna drive that layout

btw, what was the music?
because it fit the movie quite well
Download speed was great, using a downloadmanager I got around 440 kb/s. That layout looks fun, too!
#8 - Jakg
was racing this layout today anyway!
another link added
GREAT MOVIE takumi!!!!! My god, how come nobody thought of those things before! Very fun to watch EDIT: I am also surprised to see that the tires don't move when riding on top... kind of strange, but cool.
Quote from Tweaker :EDIT: I am also surprised to see that the tires don't move when riding on top... kind of strange, but cool.

they also don't trigger any 2second penalties for hitting objects, so i must be tricking LFS in a way of course if you dont hit them straight on and somehow fall down into them then bang, instant penalties galore
Can any other cars ride on top?
so long as they can be setup with a high ride height and soft suspension! counts out GTRs MRT and the formulas. UF1 only fits through this track though because its narrow. you'd need to space tyres wider apart, same with the ramps to accommodate larger cars
nice idea, thx for the work to show around at lan-partys...

but i've seen something odd (replay shows, watch the front wheels temps)
is it just the friction level, or polished wood?
if that's the case, then it would explain the missing tyre-squealing sond.

if this behaviour was mentioned before... wll, sorry and ignore this post.

regards
That's normal for how those ramps are made. You don't get grip on them period, and well... they are just slippery Yet tires can still create friction and develop heat which is indeed strange.
well im unsure what the material is but most objects are the same when you're on them. super slippery!

even when going across the tyres you can turn your wheels full lock in preparation for the next corner and the car wont turn much until you're off the end and hit the ground
My guess is that the penalty check only works on the car body and not the tyres, so that's why you can drive on them.
#18 - Mc21
318kb/s 2 mins.
What a refreshingly different video, and it's very well constructed too: idea, track design and camera work.

Awesome job!
love it ... would you mind posting the skin ? the uf looks positively ridiculous with the 86 paintjob
I've tried endlessly to complete this fooking layout! I get to the maze of tyre walls and arrows then get lost when i get out of there. Also, if u go to fast into them tyres at the beggining, or have the wrong setup, you smash into them, go flying and get a massive penalty

Nice vid. I love the all-one-cut style

Note: I got the vid in under a min (no managers or accelerators) in firefox.
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :I've tried endlessly to complete this fooking layout! I get to the maze of tyre walls and arrows then get lost when i get out of there. Also, if u go to fast into them tyres at the beggining, or have the wrong setup, you smash into them, go flying and get a massive penalty

speed doesnt really matter at the first ramp/tyres, so long as you hit them dead straight and your setup has a high ride height and soft suspension

i didnt think the arrow maze was all that difficult but you'll get there eventually i guess

it helps on alot of the ramps if you use a wheels only view

Shotglass if you're still chasing that skin you'll find it on the website in my signature, along with a few other skins maybe

I have an even more crazy layout in the making right now
I think I am going to see how some of the independant suspension cars look on that skewed ramp part. That has to be the most interesting part
Lol yeah. you may need to make your own ramps but, these will be a bit narrow
Nice

UF1 Physics workout
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG