The online racing simulator
Nice stuff, much appreciated update.

I really like the open maps concept, this should offer some very interresting configurations, especially on Kyoto/Aston.
Great stuff Scavier. Nice too see some changes/updates are on the way.

And yeah the open track idea seems very interesting. (Cruisers must be rejoicing)
Quote from Scawen :They are still unmovable. They are not perfect - you can still get some unrealistic collisions with them, for example if you drive into their end you will probably get a strange intersection. But if you just hit them in the side, you will just bounce off them like a wall beside a track, and if you ram them they just stop you, you don't just pass through or get flung in the air.

woooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo.

now if only the autocross areas were bigger. thanks for the update, and stuff, maybe i'll consider getting back into layout building.

(i think my fig-8 layout was pretty sweet, if it weren't for the barriers)
really nice, looking forward to it
Quote from tommer :
- With the new, increased track sizes, perhaps the maximum cars on track can be increased accordingly?

Me and a friend were talking about this. Imagine an endurance race on the Kyoto Super Long GP with like 64 cars. So much win, its impossible to do.

But yeah, good question. Although I think there is more behind it than just track lengths.
wow nice !!!!!!!
Quote from DevilDare :Me and a friend were talking about this. Imagine the Kyoto Super Long GP endurance with like 64 cars. So much win its impossible to do.

But yeah, good question. Although I think there is more behind it than just track lenghts.

Like grid spots (easily changeable) and pit boxes (not so easily) and netcode/people with poor internet connections (not under Scawen's control) and the graphical hit of being 64th on the grid (who knows how easy this is to deal with).
Made my day Scawen!!! Seriously looking forwards to the open tracks!!
Quote from pik_d :Like grid spots (easily changeable) and pit boxes (not so easily) and netcode/people with poor internet connections (not under Scawen's control) and the graphical hit of being 64th on the grid (who knows how easy this is to deal with).

Exactly. I think 32 is good enough for the time being.
Thank You Scawen . Although I've been mainly racing in IRacing now, i come sometimes to LFS, and it still has the feel that I do not have in IRacing. I wouldn't like to see LFS die. I hope it goes well with the physics , although it takes REALLY long time. Again thanks and I wish You good luck.
I think he is talking from a cruise point of view.

32 in racing is already a lot and more or the same as the competition offers for racing purposes.
I just jizzed

Cannot wait for this! Cheers Scawen!
@cargame

Yes, I was thinking from a cruise point of veiw So, no added spots on the grids but allowing more cars to leave the garage
Quote from Scawen :... then how about allowing "open configurations" where you can drive around anywhere in a track area, with the barriers removed? I thought that would make the patch more interesting, and managed to get it done in a few days....

Quote from Not Sure :Can not be done. Stop asking, start searching.

Quote from MAGGOT :It was just stated a couple posts up that it is not possible with LFS's engine.illepall

Quote from sgt.flippy :Okay, I said this before, for some reason this keeps sticking in my head, and here goes why it wouldn't work:

And all other nay-sayers, this is for you: :dunce:
Quote from cargame.nl :I think he is talking from a cruise point of view.

32 in racing is already a lot and more or the same as the competition offers for racing purposes.

For quick races i agree, but endurance races on large tracks could easily cope with 64 cars.

Two or three classes and each class starts seperately
Time to undust my G25 and take it back to work! Thank you for giving me a reason for doing so.
Quote from Krane :And all other nay-sayers, this is for you: :dunce:

lol, who's laughing now eh.
Quote from Eclipsed :now we can have "KY4" - endurance track!

Exactly what I had in mind.
Where you come to the oval on the KY3, a hard right turn, and on to the KY2 part of the track and after the oval again onto KY3 part.
Can't wait to try that out.
This will probably be awesome! and feels nice that we get a patch with alot of new things for once. Been a while from what i can remember since we got anything with some big changes to it.

The open track will do wonders! i've been wanting that since i started playing lfs really..

I have nothing to add to this thread but I'm feeling the love in this thread.
The fuel consuption that display on the pit for the new track combos, gona be calculated by lfs?
Quote :Windows messages processed in a cleaner way (affects key presses)

Quote :Improved tyre optimisation - no missing parts of deflected tyres

What do these mean?
Quote from Krane :And all other nay-sayers, this is for you: :dunce:

I'm pretty sure if you tried hard enough you could find a post where Scawen said it wasn't possible a long time back. He even mentioned that he had to re-write some stuff for the new shift+u camera controls and that led to the open-track.
Quote from Inouva :The fuel consuption that display on the pit for the new track combos, gona be calculated by lfs?

Don't think so. It doesn't get re-calculated if you add restrictions to the car, it could change now tho, but it hasn't been mentioned in the OP. But driving ~3-4 laps to get the average fuel usage shouldn't be too hard.
Quote from Mysho :Time to undust my G25 and take it back to work! Thank you for giving me a reason for doing so.

I'll believe it once i see it
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG