Both
TBOC
Events
STD Racing
Continue as-is
Rallycross League
PCC
Other (Post any ideas below please)
WRC Stages would be great, a proper streamed rally stage idea has never been done before, so that'd be great. I dont see why people vote for endurance series when some people are complaining about "this is getting boring, i want something new" but still vote for endurance :>
Quote from aroX123 :I dont see why people vote for endurance series when some people are complaining about "this is getting boring, i want something new" but still vote for endurance :>

Because non-GTR endurance is something new, and has barely ever been tried over the years.
Voted for LX and GT Series.

I really enjoy LX cars and they bring some really really good racing. GT Series is probably the most fun league I've ever done in LFS so I'd defo like to see that again, it was pure win.

EDIT: crap, I missed WRC Stages, I would've put a vote on that aswell because that would be refreshing.
fox racing with r1 r1 tyres thats it
Thank you everyone so far, keep the votes coming!

Quote from Framaris :I still love the idea of TBO endurance, but since the stints are minimum 1:30 I think 3h may be short...endurance starts with at least 3 stints I think!

Those times were just filler space, length of races could change.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Really? This wasn't the case for 3 of the 4 last leagues/events in date held by NDR(GTAL 2011, 2011 Kyoto 250, 2010 Mini-FBM). Mini-FBM also saw an enormous interrest boost, with 2, 3 or even sometimes 4 times more drivers than in 2009/2008.

If you see a bit further back, 2010 LFSCART, 2010 LFSCART Light, and 2010 TBO Challenge managed to maintain themselves in a decent shape until the end, and mostly got decent turn-up rates.

Obviously 2011 iTCC was a huge disappointment, but it should be seen as an exception. As far as I see NDR is going fairly nicely interrest wise, especially considering some other leagues' shape and LFS' shape.

No more arguments!

GTAL went from 40 to 24. iTCC went from >100 to 16. TBOC did drop a small bit. Not saying all do that, but instead of just doing the same thing over and over and seeing drops, how about try something new?

Quote :
Uhm, nice, but it feels like there's just enough GTR leagues at the moment. But now maybe this could be considered for IGTC, with 90 minutes/2 hour races, though people seem to be against it overall.

Read Liane's post. Based on FIA GT1, so nothing like current GTR leagues.

Quote :LFS needs a non-GTR endurace league IMO, so definitely worth it.

Agreed 110%
Quote :
Not sure if you guys could come up with fresh and original layouts for all. That kind of stuff can be amusing once in a while, check Fortitude's Hillclimb Challenge for example. But worth a proper league? IMO, no.

As said, layouts are done.
Tracker would collect the times and total etc. Fortitude's Hillclimb Challenge doesn't relate to WRC, this would.
Quote :
Would be quite awesome if you guys ever make it real. Great concept. If you have the manpower, enough slots in the schedule, and are sure there would be enough interrest, then yes. Definitely looking forward it. Same as 6, LFS needs a non-GTR endurance league(even though there'd probably be GTRs in 1 or 2 rounds for that one).

GTRs are only in 1 round (unless you count nGT as a GTR). More info about this below.
Quote :
MRT on autoX layouts perhaps? Not that I've personally more interrest in this than everything else, but the idea was around for quite a while already, but never got real.

Was going to list this, but too close to MiniFBM IMO. Both couldn't run together.

Quote from Kova. :It's an endurance league, so what is so different?

I'll give you an example schedule for 2 seasons, maybe you will fully understand then.

Season 1
STD @ BL1 - 3 hours
TBO @ AS7R - 4 hours
LX6 @ SO4 - 6 hours
FZ5 @ FE5 - 2-3 hours
nGT @ WE1R - 3 hours
FO8 @ FE4 - 4 hours
GT1 @ KY3b - 6 hours

Season 2
UF1 @ FE3 - 3 hours
TBO @ BL1R - 4 hours
FZ5/RAC @ AS4 - 6 hours
RB4 @ BL2R - 3 hours
nGT @ SO5 - 3 hours
FOX @ WE1 - 4 hours
GT2 @ KY2 - 6 hours

Quote from TFalke55 :Don't say that one too loud.

Deko's words.

Quote from LianeS :Voted

Some remarks:

Thanks!
Quote :
The FIA GT idea is interesting, as long as it is executed properly. I.e. stick with the real-life rules (2x60min races, mandatory driver change) so that it doesn't turn into a copy/tweak of the many GT leagues we already have.

Would be executed properly.

Quote :
I've read about the PCC and the idea to make it as realistic as possible (such as by the means of limited setups), as far as I know also a unique concept to LFS which could attract interest.

Agreed, but interest is lower than others right now. It's rival (GT Series) has nearly twice the votes already.
Quote :
Furthermore, one-off events could be the key to attract the casual racer, those who don't want to commit to a full season and still don't want to miss out on good competition. Kyoto 150 sounds definitely like a concept I'd like to be part of, for instance.

Exactly, its a good introduction to league racing and I would like to see more of them.
Quote :
Plus, what's happened to LFSCART Light? Has it been completely dropped or just temporarily suspended? From what I remember, it attracted crowded grids (at least on road/street circuits; pre-Qualifying was necessary until the final road course event), if we get rid off the Twin races @ Autocross it actually was a great concept, as FOX offered some good racing and the sprint/feature race format added to the show.

This isn't my cup of tea, but I would expect it in the Winter again. It was definately a good series with huge grids. I'd be sad to see it disappear.

Quote from andRo. :Voted for LX, STD and GT Series. If any of those will be organized, I'll try to attend as much as my time allows. There are quite many endurance races and endurance races provide being in or driving for a team which is not good for me. For the reason, that I'm not in any team and for the other is that I never know if I'll be able to attend the round or not, so no point promising any team to drive for them.

I would advise to make something different than what there is already. For example, LX's, haven't seen any league with just those cars. Also we don't have any STD leagues atm. if I'm right? But what we do have is plenty of GTR and endurance races.

Correct, and that's the idea of this poll.

Long posts are long.
World series thing back! I'll actually drive then (if I got time)
I voted for few..

But i'm really looking forward to seeing WRC & FIA GT
WRC would be something very new and very interesting..
now that GTAL just finished... WE WANT MOOOOOOORE
Quote from PMD9409 :No more arguments!

Quote :GTAL went from 40 to 24. iTCC went from >100 to 16. TBOC did drop a small bit. Not saying all do that, but instead of just doing the same thing over and over and seeing drops, how about try something new?

I'm affraid this is something related to league racing/LFS league racing, there are very very few leagues with no interrest drops. At some point people gets bored/realised they somehow realise they won't win the champ and leave. Not sure if we really need new leagues, we mostly need new people.

Obviously iTCC was a real joke with the 100 to 16 drop. But other leagues went pretty much nicely, GTAL's 40 to 24 isn't bad if you consider that most of the teams are small and have trouble coping with longer races. And I belive you can be tempted to remove out of the 40 the few numpty teams that obviously were never going to take the start of any race.

Just compare the whole thing with MoE/IGTC, it isn't that bad really.

As for other leagues, TBOC/LFSCART Light/Mini-FBM only dropped of a few people. LFSCART did drop a bit more but the FO8 is quite demanding training wise for the average LFSer, the season is long, and the races held on Saturdays don't help at all. So nothing surprising IMO.

At the end of the day we are always going to lose a few people, I doubt we can do anything about that, and I guess it isn't worth worrying about it, as long as there aren't too many(iTCC), or as long as there are people to replace them.

Quote :Read Liane's post. Based on FIA GT1, so nothing like current GTR leagues.

Sure, but we'd still end up driving GTRs in the end.

Quote :As said, layouts are done.
Tracker would collect the times and total etc. Fortitude's Hillclimb Challenge doesn't relate to WRC, this would.

If it is ran by trackers I guess this could be done without much work comparing to another league(no need to have several admins on race day, no need to investigate incidents, etc), so definitely worth considering then. I like the idea.

Obviously Fortitude doesn't relate to WRC, but you'd still come up with similar(-ish) layouts, no?

Quote :Exactly, its a good introduction to league racing and I would like to see more of them.

That's true, we had a 2 one-off events in Fun Racing League recently(a one hour race and a two hour race), and in the end we were more than pleased by the nice turn-up, and managed to get a few new people too.

Quote :This isn't my cup of tea, but I would expect it in the Winter again. It was definately a good series with huge grids. I'd be sad to see it disappear.

Yes, it seems like people really like the FOX, though it gives some slightly silly racing on ovals. And since there doesn't seem to be any 100% FOX league(OWRL basically has 4 FOX events a year nowadays), why not.
Personally I miss proper NGT league. BTCC or WTCC race format would be good. Maybe even some enduranceish rounds in the schedule...
IMO NGT tire physics are the best one in LFS. Aslo race between UFR and XFR is spetacular. I hope that there will be enough supporters for this idea

E: Forbin, would'nt agree with you on this one...
Quote from TypeRacing :IMO NGT tire physics are the best one in LFS.

NGT class is easily the most exploitative of LFS's physics bugs.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I'm affraid this is something related to league racing/LFS league racing, there are very very few leagues with no interrest drops. At some point people gets bored/realised they somehow realise they won't win the champ and leave. Not sure if we really need new leagues, we mostly need new people.

Obviously iTCC was a real joke with the 100 to 16 drop. But other leagues went pretty much nicely, GTAL's 40 to 24 isn't bad if you consider that most of the teams are small and have trouble coping with longer races. And I belive you can be tempted to remove out of the 40 the few numpty teams that obviously were never going to take the start of any race.

Just compare the whole thing with MoE/IGTC, it isn't that bad really.

As for other leagues, TBOC/LFSCART Light/Mini-FBM only dropped of a few people. LFSCART did drop a bit more but the FO8 is quite demanding training wise for the average LFSer, the season is long, and the races held on Saturdays don't help at all. So nothing surprising IMO.

At the end of the day we are always going to lose a few people, I doubt we can do anything about that, and I guess it isn't worth worrying about it, as long as there aren't too many(iTCC), or as long as there are people to replace them.

In regards to the iTCC drop, I think personally that I / the admins have to take some of the blame - getting the password PMs out less than 24h before the race surely doesn't help, but then again, it can also be contended that the racers should know the schedule and be willing and ready to go no matter when results / points / threads / PMs go out.

Every series ever surely has had some form of interest drop - so surely every series going forward should be expected to have some form of such.

I'm personally not dissatisfied with how things have been recently in terms of participation, so I won't complain.
Quote from dekojester :In regards to the iTCC drop, I think personally that I / the admins have to take some of the blame - getting the password PMs out less than 24h before the race surely doesn't help, but then again, it can also be contended that the racers should know the schedule and be willing and ready to go no matter when results / points / threads / PMs go out.

Every series ever surely has had some form of interest drop - so surely every series going forward should be expected to have some form of such.

That's true, but in the end I think it was more like because of the rather "elitist" race format and point system. Many of those knocked out in shootout for the first 1-2 rounds probably decided to not bother anymore, because they wrongly thought they had no chance to race for the whole season. Same goes to the ones who made it to the races in rounds 1-2, failed to get in the points/crashed/got crashed and thought they'd have no chance to ever fight for the top 10 and therefore decided to stop plainly.

Quote from dekojester :I'm personally not dissatisfied with how things have been recently in terms of participation, so I won't complain.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Really? I see none there: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=67867

Well, there was an oval title in 2009, but I can't recall of any road/street title, unless you are going to establish that for 2011?

And wouldn't be a street titlea bit meaningless, assuming that we can't really realistically go more than twice at South City? Sounds a bit GP2 Asia like, with only 1 race per meeting.

look up this years rules and you will see
I don't say something like that just for fun, you know

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :LFSCART did drop a bit more but the FO8 is quite demanding training wise for the average LFSer, the season is long, and the races held on Saturdays don't help at all.

There has been a drop, true that, but from where this Championship came, I cannot regard it as a drop.

Quote from LianeS :Plus, what's happened to LFSCART Light? Has it been completely dropped or just temporarily suspended?

Quote from PMD9409 :
This isn't my cup of tea, but I would expect it in the Winter again. It was definately a good series with huge grids. I'd be sad to see it disappear.

As that is my cup of tea: There have been difficulties this past winter time. Generally last year there has been a huge amount of FOX racing, so it was temporarily suspended. There will be at least one LFSCART Light race as event race this summer. (It's not dead it's just sleeping).
Quote from TFalke55 :look up this years rules and you will see
I don't say something like that just for fun, you know

Just saw that. It was a bit confusing at first, thought you were refeering to previous seasons at first
-
(Forbin) DELETED by hyntty : Serious thread is serious :|
I voted other, I'd like a begginer league or even bring back the Begginers Cup. Would be good for people that want to compete with people that are at the same level.

thanks
-
(CSF) DELETED by hyntty : Serious thread is serious :|
-
(IsaacPrice) DELETED by hyntty : Serious thread is serious :|
-
(boothy) DELETED by hyntty : Serious thread is serious :|
-
(PMD9409) DELETED by hyntty : Serious thread is serious :|
So wouldn't naming him be useless?

-----------------------------------------

Anyways, the popular leagues in that list could easily be run throughout the year with most current leagues in NDR.

Series:
GTAL
LFSCART
LFSCART Light
MiniFBM
LFSEL
TBOE
GT Series
FIA GT1
Journey to F1 (MRT > FBM > FOX > FO8 > BF1)

Events:
Kyoto 250 (XRT)
Kyoto 500 (FO8)
Kyoto 150 (XRG)
Winter
Easter
Weester
Summer
Autumn
*Seasoned events choose from (UF1/STD , LX, nGT, FZ5/RAC)

With some cheeky scheduling, all could be done each year, with an Endurance, Single Seater, and TinTop series running at all times.
Quote from PMD9409 :
Journey to F1 (MRT > FBM > FOX > FO8 > BF1)

Road to F1 was a really good event when DSR put it on. That's probably where you got the idea though, isn't it?

There was a stillborn sister-league too, Road to GTR.

UF1 -> STD -> TBO -> FZ5/RAC -> nGT -> GTR
Well in order to have single seaters go year around I needed another single seaters league. Since I couldn't think of anything, I just posted that.
-
(Feuerdrache) DELETED by hyntty : Serious thread is serious :|
Nice stuff but

Quote from PMD9409 :Journey to F1 (MRT > FBM > FOX > FO8 > BF1)

Would that be really necessary if we already have Mini-FBM, LFSCART Light and LFSCART?
But that would leave 3 months of the year without single seaters. Unless we could change "single seaters" to "open wheel" and add LX.

F1 league is taken by OWRL
FO8 = LFSCART
FOX = LFSCART Light
FBM = Too much like MiniFBM
MRT = Not popular to warrant a 5 round league IMO.

Put them all together and you have yourself a overall single seater championship that test everyone in each car to find an overall winner.

That's my only reasoning behind it. If someone could think of something reasonable to fill its place I wouldn't mind hearing it.
I voted for GT1 and gt series.

I'm guessing for gt1 the cars will be tweaked up to 600bhp or so?
Would be discussed later (planned a test race either way).

GT0 would make since since the tires wouldn't get uber cold (pitstop needed in the 60 minute races).

If people don't want it though, I won't argue.
GT0 sounds good to me, never really tested them properly but they would give a damn nice challenge

For Drivers: What do you want?
(102 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG