The online racing simulator
We managed a whole 10 minutes ;( Damn impressive
tracker kapput? seems to be a 7-8 lap lag on the tracker updating laptimes *make that 15 laps
Lots of laps = lots of splits = lots of data.

Will most likely be some lag.
Quote from manneF1 :What was FSR thinking there?

Or what was the read head thinking there?
Great race guys, really a lot of fun!

I want to thank Framaris for making a great set ones again. Sadly we got a bit of engine damage so we weren't able to keep up our pace. Also some badluck with pressing buttons on the keyboard which got us 2 DT's but still, the race was quite allright !

It was my first 12hour race and it felt really special. It's really a challenge to keep concentrated and in the mean while motivate your team mates. Unbelievable experience.

Thank you guys for the great racing, and I hope to see you in other leagues! And maybe next season in GTAL!

This was our first league as Genuine Racing and my first ever league in LFS. I really enjoyed it and you will see a lot more from me in other leagues in the future.

Big thanks to Fram & Alan for all the sets and solutions to difficult problems. We were able to accomplish allot with friendship and teamwork. There was no single person in this team who did everything himself. We all did everything together and it feels awesome to be a part of such a great group of all dedicated racers. What can I say more, it has been an amazing road, with ups and downs but we always kept our motivation high and enjoyed every single bit of it eventho it wasn't always as easy as it seemed.

Big thanks to all the guys who put an effort into making this league a succes!

Have a good one guys! Sleep well and see you racing online!
Great season, my first ever endurance series also. I think that GTAL is probably the most fun league in LFS, so its sad for me that I won't ever get to drive in it again, although understandable I guess. Want to say thanks to NDR and the admins for all the hard work that they put in to make this league happen, to Joni and Dom for being my team mates throughout the whole season, and to everybody I've raced on track this season.
Great season, but one thing I don't get and my teammates probably also, is why is it so rough, too many collision etc. we're probably not used to it, even though the penalties are quite brutal there is still lot of mess going on on the track.

GTAL Season 2011 Unofficial Results

Congrats to everybody who made it over 300pts you're all winners IMHO.

We were very unlucky in 2 Rounds and lost lot of points, still I'm very happy that we managed to stay in Top 10, it was my goal at the beginning of season.

One last note:
Pls take into account the length and characteristics of tracks when choosing the time to drive there, BL1 + 12h is a no go IMHO, the longer the time the longer the track should be. I don't like BL1, it's too small and slow for GT9s.

Thank you for the time and effort you put to make this season happen.
BL1 is perfect with 12h, don't change that
Quote from JackCY :Great season, but one thing I don't get and my teammates probably also, is why is it so rough, too many collision etc. we're probably not used to it, even though the penalties are quite brutal there is still lot of mess going on on the track.

It could have to do with the seeming closeness of the field this year - a strong field, many cars able to compete, naturally, as with any tin-top racing, there'll be a bit of bumping. Why there may have been many major collisions, I'm not aware of why, the drivers would have to answer that one. Administration can only do so much to stop it short of bannnig everyone.

Quote from JackCY :One last note:
Pls take into account the length and characteristics of tracks when choosing the time to drive there, BL1 + 12h is a no go IMHO, the longer the time the longer the track should be. I don't like BL1, it's too small and slow for GT9s..

We selected it this season for its even times between all cars - we considered all the above also, but decided, of all the tracks we'd selected for this season, that BL1 would be the best capper.
Congratulations to Ginger Racing for an impressive win yesterday and to Team indendity for a very consistent season, well deserved Championship win!!

THX to the organisers for your work and dedication to this great championship!!

We had a lot of fun, count us in for next year!!
Quote from JackCY :Great season, but one thing I don't get and my teammates probably also, is why is it so rough, too many collision etc. we're probably not used to it, even though the penalties are quite brutal there is still lot of mess going on on the track.

GTAL Season 2011 Unofficial Results

Congrats to everybody who made it over 300pts you're all winners IMHO.

We were very unlucky in 2 Rounds and lost lot of points, still I'm very happy that we managed to stay in Top 10, it was my goal at the beginning of season.

thx for unofficial results...I am glad we fulfilled our aim to be in top 10 and despite some big fails we managed to be there...
about contacts...some people are used to drive more roughly and the server wasnt always tolerant to contacts and "overreacted"
As I think about it...I dont care about new physics as much as I care about these laggy crashes to leave lfs...I believe there is a way to fix this and it would make close racing so much more fun...because at least half of contacts end up with absuletely inadequate conseqences considering the strenght of contact
4 FXR, 3 FZR & 3 XRR in the top 10, very balanced
congratz to team identityto the championship and TDRT for being best FXR this season, you know, we still want to beat you someday, too bad harvey is leaving the team. And yeah, F. Gehammar is an alien, but the rest of his team is not strong enough to compete, otherwise they would've had the chance to win a race and stay more infront in the results.

however it was a great season for cargame.nl, our very first endurance league ever. we had ups and downs, but our main aim to claim experience was more than fullfied. we had lots of fun, close battles and crashes we also could've avoid, but thats racing, you never know what can happen.

i'd like to thank the admin team around deko, boothy, the guys who made able to stream every single race and all the commentators who put their freetime into commentating with pleasure, it was so exciting to watch the stream when not sitting in the car. I'd also like to thank some of you drivers who helped us a lot in building setups (J. Holmes or Phil Diaz), helped us finding the right racing line and stuff like that.

top18 for an unexperienced team quite good so far, could've been better, but we'll be back for gtal season 2012 and maybe we finally reach some top 5 position, we've been close to that in fe4, but you guys probably knew what happened there

THANK YOU
Just found out that BL1 is not that hard, it just needs a proper stable set (at least for me).
Then 12h is piece of cake ;D

See you next year.
Quote from jensbrix :To be honest I had an influence there, I pulled away in the very last moment, so I don't think he was able to see the car for very long. But still yellow flag, you need caution

And he (Steven) was setting the antiroll bar /fp
Thanks for all the congratz and thanks to NDR and ofc Robin, my but buddy when Jens is not around!

Nice season, my first league season too. I guess it's a nice start
Congrats guys, I think it's been a great championship for all the teams, perhaps a few downs with Conquest or defending champions E-Team pulling off from the champ but those teams that stayed really gave a lot to the show and competition.

Sometimes we wondered where was the amateur factor of the league as we couldn't find it in qualy times or the top 3 race pace in most of the tracks. Sometimes the amateur bit of the league is shown in the collisions or avoidable accidents that you can see on track but that's it, normal racing fun league most of the times.

We had a great start of season, winning in 1st round, but then run into a low performance streak with some poor results, accidents and connection issues.

About this last round, during my first stints I had two incidents I would like to comment, maybe the other teams involved could add light to the incidents:

- Approx. 30 mins. of the race, entering the next righhander after split 2, the Core team car was right behind my rear (can't remember who was at the wheel then), pulls from the inside, making contact with my car tail during corner exit, my car spins lightly to the right, and finally the front of the Core Fzr push my right door, causing me to flip over, 2 complete rolls, destroying the roof of the car and some minor damage to suspension.

- During the 2nd hour of the race, me and car #35 (I think it was driven by J. Teien) had a little chase and close fighting, all ok until doing the backstraight, me going in the outside with some care but the other car decided to defend too much, braking too late and making contact with my car tail, spinning my rear and therefore going into the gravel, resulting in something like 15 secs. lost right there. Not that good.

I personally decided not to make any protest as this was the last round of the championship and we were just having fun, but please do take care in next competitions, I might be an amateur level driver in terms of pace, but not in terms of respect for the other cars on track. That's all we ask in return at JD.

Cya all and happy simracing!!
Yes, we will admit that is our fault @ #35. Sorry
oh no! Jensy my man, i didn't mean it like that, you know you're my only true love
Is there a replay from the stream?

Round 7: Race Discussion
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG