The online racing simulator
Level 35Apec and 39Bspec. Almost there. Been buying pretty much every car that shows up in the UCD.
I was, until I ran out of money. I bought about 5 LFA's. I gotta do some rubber banding, but I;m starting to work on the last A-Spec stuff as well.
Went to see my brother at college this weekend and got a chance to play a little GT5 on his room mates PS3. All in all, the game is splendid, but I think the Nurburgring deserves special praise. I have never been so mesmerized by any track in any game I've ever played. Graphically, the track is just stunning (and shits all over that thing they call the "nordschleife" in Forza). It is absolutely mesmerizing to watch a 458 Italia blast through the shadows of Adenauer Forest or whip around Hatzenbach. Then, there's the way the track drives: every lap feels like a new experience. Even after 10-15 laps, every turn felt like a refreshing and new experience. I think I could have sat there all day and would've never gotten bored.

If only they had an F10 or F2007 on hand.
yeah gt5 is nice, buuuut, If you go back to the historx mod in rfactor, the force feedback up to the limits of the tires is a lot more interesting in rfactor. I can feel the car bouncing around more and weight shifting through the wheel is more detailed than gt5.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's not body repair, it's chassis restrengthening. I haven't noticed a difference, so I haven't done it at all.

Well I did notice it on my countach with more than 100.000 km on it. But the effect is very subtle, the car is just easier to upset.

Also, the 100.000 Credits repair fee (for that car) is a tad overblown for half the second you can go round a track faster
The repair does make a difference. The FGT will take corners at indy about 20km/h slower if you never do the repair.
^ Nice avatar
Quote from CoolColJ :^ Nice avatar

Nice bump.

We should set up a LFS GT5 league for the sake of killing time untill Japan and PD get themselves sorted out. I also helped by donating £10 to that Japanese appeal thingy in the PS store.
Quote from 91mason91 :Nice bump.

We should set up a LFS GT5 league for the sake of killing time untill Japan and PD get themselves sorted out. I also helped by donating £10 to that Japanese appeal thingy in the PS store.

Yeah, would be neat.

in other news, you gotta love how stupid you can actually be in GT5. And yes, that's a pic I made:
Attached images
zE0JTGidQiY4tBpHlo_0.jpg
Quote from 91mason91 :I also helped by donating £10 to that Japanese appeal thingy in the PS store.

Wow, that must mean you're so caring about others. I want to sleep with you now.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Wow, that must mean you're so caring about others. I want to sleep with you now.

Slags aren't my type I'm afraid. Yes, it sounds like a small amount but if everyone who has a PS3 chipped in they raise alot of cash. Ofcourse I'm not showing off, as your childish mind has perceived. Just trying to bring this feature/service to light.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Wow, that must mean you're so caring about others. I want to sleep with you now.

Some people might not have known about it and it's for a very good cause. Why did you have to get sarcy about it? He was only raising awareness.
Decided to try and get this silver and gold chrome paint... restarted the game nearly 100 times... got them both!

Be prepared for some terrible looking cars...

Those BBS RSII splits suit that car very well.. but then again, BBS RSII's suit most cars..
This was pretty kewl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_iZCKc--k

e: the lambo seasonals can be pretty challenging too. Although it is a bit sad that there is one car that goes sick fast while the rest just pootle around the track. I think it can be really challenging if you take the lambo countach anniversary, tires sports hards, weight reduction and some engine mods I don't remember plus the 2nd cheapest suspension and ehm that's it. The car drives surprisingly well as the other lambos seem to be horribly understeery and wash out if you try to rotate them into turns.

Especially the fictional track is very frustrating if you don't know the track (darkness). Because you can't see absolutely anything I just followed the leader ai car until I tried to pass it in the last corner only to fail miserably ARGH!
Have any of you though RP in GT5? I mean nurburing or le mans would be good tracks for it
Next week I'm going to my brother's uni for 2 1/2 days, almost entirely just to play GT5. Our goal is to get an F2007 in that amount of time (he's only level 15 too). Do you guys think it's possible? We may just use some of the 'lesser' means as his game has never been updated (unfortunately, it's not online either). If we can, we also want to pick up an F10
Online is the easiest, as I have both shared, so if you add me as a friend, you can borrow them by clicking on my profile in the game

Otherwise I can't see how, since they cost a fortune
Ay, but presumably I would have to give it back then, right?

Keep in mind I will be clocking 30 or so hours in just two days!
Quote from Rappa Z :Ay, but presumably I would have to give it back then, right?

Keep in mind I will be clocking 30 or so hours in just two days!

GT5 has a loan system, it is automaticly given back when you change cars. When it's shared, I can't use it. And I haven't in a months anyway

I have all the expensive cars shared right now and will be so for a while
I'm busy with other games right now, or not playing much, currently more interested in music writing in my spare time
Is it possible to gift cars to other accounts on the same PS3 if you aren't connected to the internets?
Probably not as the gifting works over the Internet.
Have you guys driven the GSX-R 4 Concept

Its soo blindly fast for its PP i win races easily at 600pp even though its maxed out at 589.

plus the sound of the motorbikes 12.5k rpm is epic.
When did GT5 get bikes?

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG