The online racing simulator
F1 (Hamilton) - NASCAR (Stewart) Swap
Ok, maybe it's not for a real race, but it sounds kinda cool. I hope it'll be on TV or webcast so that I can watch it since I'm not gonna make it to New York with the funding that I have currently. (Like I'd travel 400 miles to see something like this anyways).

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/ ... cup/news/story?id=6162176

Anybody else interested by this?
This doesn't intrest me, What would is if the F1 drivers came and did road course races on the weeks they didn;t have a race.

Like the Webber rumour of racing at Infineon last year for the Red bull team.
Tony's a little big for the F1 car lol
That's part of the spectacle!

My brother and I will probably go, we love the Glen and, even though we hate Hamilton, it would be nice to see an F1 car run it again. No chicane please!
Quote from lizardfolk :Tony's a little big for the F1 car lol

F1 car usual top speed - 20 mph with Tony in the car
What I love especially is the fat american (OP link) saying how Stewart is going to have an easier time in the f1 car because of his experience in open wheelers whereas Hamilton is going to struggle illepall
Quote from hyntty :What I love especially is the fat american (OP link) saying how Stewart is going to have an easier time in the f1 car because of his experience in open wheelers whereas Hamilton is going to struggle illepall

Just for the sake of argument, what's wrong with that assumption?

An IndyCar is much more like a F1 car than a F1 car or kart is like a Sprint Cup car.

edit: also, in what world is that guy fat?
#8 - JJ72
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Just for the sake of argument, what's wrong with that assumption?

An IndyCar is much more like a F1 car than a F1 car or kart is like a Sprint Cup car.

edit: also, in what world is that guy fat?

1) Everything.

2) You're, like every other redneck, exaggerating the skill it takes to have an afternoon's cruise in a racecar from the stone age. Granted that racing one is difficult but this hardly qualifies. There is no reason what so ever for either driver to drive really on the edge. The difference is that an F1 car can not be driven slowly, otherwise you would crash because of not having any mechanical or aerodynamical grip. Both of which are considered witchcraft in most nascar teams.

3) All Americans are.
Quote from hyntty :1) Everything.

2) You're, like every other redneck, exaggerating the skill it takes to have an afternoon's cruise in a racecar from the stone age. Granted that racing one is difficult but this hardly qualifies. There is no reason what so ever for either driver to drive really on the edge. The difference is that an F1 car can not be driven slowly, otherwise you would crash because of not having any mechanical or aerodynamical grip. Both of which are considered witchcraft in most nascar teams.

3) All Americans are.

Drive a Stock car slowly and see that mechanical grip, rip you to shreads.
Quote from Mustafur :Drive a Stock car slowly and see that mechanical grip, rip you to shreads.

It's not any much more than present touring cars which is not that crazy anyways.

But deffo it's gonna be harder for Lewis to get used the nascar since you actually have to drive the car.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but F1 uses traction control?
Stand corrected then...

TC was banned in 2008 when FIA introduced the standardised ECU.
Ok, good. I had hoped that there wasn't TC. I'm behind on the times as far as F1. It's hard for me to get into it when there's hardly coverage of the races over here.

I think they will be equaly challenged myself. That's the fun of it
Quote from Dennis93 :It's not any much more than present touring cars which is not that crazy anyways.

But deffo it's gonna be harder for Lewis to get used the nascar since you actually have to drive the car.

I was being sarcastic lol.

There is literally no grip of any kind on a stock car.
Quote from Mustafur :I was being sarcastic lol.

There is literally no grip of any kind on a stock car.

Haha, well, there is.. but it's nothing to write home about
Quote from Dennis93 :But deffo it's gonna be harder for Lewis to get used the nascar since you actually have to drive the car.

qft.

(especially on a road course.)

hyntty, congrats on reminding me what a retard/troll you are.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
hyntty, congrats on reminding me what a retard/troll you are.

I am truly sorry for being right.
Quote from Dennis93 :But deffo it's gonna be harder for Lewis to get used the nascar since you actually have to drive the car.

As opposed to an F1 car driving itself? Also, Hamilton has some mad car control, and I'm not a fan by a long shot...

I don't know how anyone thinks one will have it easier... Stewart will have to deal with brutal lateral G-Forces the likes he never dealt with before, and Hamilton will have to deal with a lack of traction... Will both have fun though? Most likely...
Quote from hyntty :3) All Americans are.

Your jokes are sooooooooooooooooooo funny! And original too! WOW!
Quote from Victor :Your jokes are sooooooooooooooooooo funny! And original too! WOW!

I just ignore the trolls, but you have a ban hammer handy .
#22 - 5haz
Sarcasm special attack.

Didn't Tony do this before with Montoya? Oh hang on that was Robby Gordon?
/fp

Jeff Gordon and Montoya @ Indy.
#24 - 5haz
Close enough.
Quote from bbman :As opposed to an F1 car driving itself? Also, Hamilton has some mad car control, and I'm not a fan by a long shot...

I don't know how anyone thinks one will have it easier... Stewart will have to deal with brutal lateral G-Forces the likes he never dealt with before, and Hamilton will have to deal with a lack of traction... Will both have fun though? Most likely...

For sure, but since when was right foot braking EVER anything he had to do? and H-shifter? afaik he has never driven a formula car with H-shifter, thus left foot braking.

Okay sure you need a great fitness condition to drive a formula 1 car at a competitive level i totally agree, but you have paddle shift a clutch that kicks in automatically, where as in Nascar, you have to use the clutch for upshift/downshift/getting out of the pits, and the power band in a nascar is something that you should never ever joke around with, these cars will do full on burn outs in 4th gear if you dare to, and there is no downforce so the faster you go the lesser grip you have.

And since the car has the same ammount of torgue and weight as the atlantic cruiser ships i believe Lewis is gonna have a harder time than Tony, no doubt.

Lewis is one of my favourite drivers in formula 1, even my dad used to be mechanic on his Go-Kart back in the days.
No need to tell me what's what

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG