The online racing simulator
Raikkonen to NASCAR
(47 posts, started )
Quote from Mustafur :Well considering, ever since Ambrose has gone to nascar we get live coverage of every race, i think its more likely for finland.

Aus != Finland

deggis, do you get race coverage however?
Quote from aroX123 :2029>1935 Time travel GP

single class racing sports car racing (delorean) ?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :deggis, do you get race coverage however?

Every [Sprint Cup] race live, iirc. It's a pay channel though.
So equivalent to Sky Sports then
I find it personally interesting that Kimi has such a huge fan base.

http://www.google.com/hostedne ... 93dba4044969eb880c31a6f49

^ LOL @ the F1 fan comments. To be fair to Montoya, I would disagree that NASCAR is the most exciting but F1 fans (and i mean PURE EXCLUSIVE F1 fans) have been one of the most narrow minded and snobbish group of fans I've ever had the displeasure of running in to. Honestly, I'd rather talk to WWF fans than F1 fans at times and that's really saying something
#32 - DeKo
From a purely close racing overtaking view, Nascar is much more exciting than F1. From an overall view though, in my opinion, F1 is the much superior sport.
I think F1 is very similar to soccer... a pass is as rare as a goal, so when it happens, it's a big deal. Maybe that's why F1 fans tend to be so passionate? They're actually football fans with gasoline in their veins.
Quote from lizardfolk :I find it personally interesting that Kimi has such a huge fan base.

http://www.google.com/hostedne ... 93dba4044969eb880c31a6f49

^ LOL @ the F1 fan comments. To be fair to Montoya, I would disagree that NASCAR is the most exciting but F1 fans (and i mean PURE EXCLUSIVE F1 fans) have been one of the most narrow minded and snobbish group of fans I've ever had the displeasure of running in to. Honestly, I'd rather talk to WWF fans than F1 fans at times and that's really saying something

This is very true.
God damnit all the good series are on pay channels...
Yes!!!!!!
Quote from DeKo :In my opinion, F1 is the much superior sport.

As far as technology, there is no doubt in my mind that it is. More people are able to relate directly to NASCAR however due to it's relative simplicity and close quarters racing. You have to be more of a race ran to like F1 than NASCAR imo.
Quote from PMD9409 :Yes!!!!!!

Honestly, the best news I've heard about Raikkonen is that he isn't coming over with F.Gillet
It's interesting though Kimi's agent(/spokesman/manager) mentioned that Gillett had called them... he also mentioned Kimi's own team, which doesn't appear to be true for now either.

Here: http://tinyurl.com/kiminascargillett (google translation)
Sounds like it's going well...

Quote :Kimi Raikkonen says he enjoyed his first NASCAR experience after testing this week for Kyle Busch Motorsports for the first time.

According to a release from Raikkonen's ICE1 Racing, the Finn completed over 400 laps at the half-mile Gresham Motorsports Park oval, working with KBM's engineers on various set up adjustments to familiarize himself with his new technical environment.

"It was a lot of fun, I really had no expectations or anything to compare it to beforehand but at the end of the day, I am really looking forward to the first race," said Raikkonen. "It seems like KBM is a top team and I am excited to work with them."

As AUTOSPORT reported earlier, Kyle Busch was on hand to see the progress of the former Formula 1 world champion, who left a great impression on the team on what was his first run on a stock car, and also his maiden outing on an oval.

"On one hand, I am obviously not surprised at all with the type of experience Kimi has and his championship pedigree," said Kyle Busch Motorsports General Manager Rick Ren. "But on the other hand, I am very pleasantly surprised."

Although the team initially announced last Saturday that they had signed Raikkonen himself, ICE1 Racing's release says it has entered a partnership with KBM to run a limited race schedule for the Finn in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, starting on May 20 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

On Wednesday, American brand Perky Jerky was also announced as a sponsor of Raikkonen for his NASCAR foray.

Last October the same brand had been announced as a sponsor for Richard Petty Motorsports, while the team was still under ownership from George Gillett Jr.

His son Foster was linked to Raikkonen's NASCAR move initially, according to reports from Finland's Turun Sanomat, but Kyle Busch denied last weekend at Martinsville having any contact with him to put Raikkonen's deal in place.

The black Stig?
#47 - JJ72
lol its all cool and black then the sunblock says "Camping World".

Raikkonen to NASCAR
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG