The online racing simulator
Why do I get the sense for a little retard these last pages
Your newest post is still 90% dribble.

Amongst the dribble, there were 2 questions:
You ask how I would 'record a user's progress' (presumably to guage their level of credibility). My answer is that credibility is not linked to online activity, or 'progress' as you put it. You're a living example of why I think this.

The second question you asked, about my last online race, is rhetorical. Normally rhetorical questions already have answers, but you asked for an answer, then answered it in the next sentence. Speaks volumes about you.
Quote from farcar :
'so I'm not sim racing at the moment while I wait for the patch.'

So, you've quoted a post I made YEARS ago, during a period when I wasn't playing. So what? I don't understand your point. What are you trying to say?

That is a quote from six weeks ago. You believe in your own lies you know. Turning your own vision in a way which suits you best for the moment, to describe it more nicely. Thats the problem. And of course you don't understand it! Otherwise you would not behave like this

Quote from farcar :OK, you appear to have spent considerable time going through my post history, looking for I don't know what.... A little disturbing perhaps, but I digress. I must have really ticked you off!

Took me a minute or two. I'm a speedreader. To save some time I'm not reading your latest novels you wrote right now because that would be really a waste (blank man speaking with double tongue, Indian would say). Sorry to say but you are completely worthless to LFS, go find a new hobby, one where it does not need you to unpack the wheel.

Quote from farcar :Your newest post is still 90% dribble.

Amongst the dribble, there were 2 questions:
You ask how I would 'record a user's progress' (presumably to guage their level of credibility). My answer is that credibility is not linked to online activity, or 'progress' as you put it. You're a living example of why I think this.

The second question you asked, about my last online race, is rhetorical. Normally rhetorical questions already have answers, but you asked for an answer, then answered it in the next question. Speaks volumes about you.

i think you'll find i asked more than 2 questions. nicely dodged (again). you'll also find that i didn't ask you about credibility. it's not about credibility. maybe this time you'll get it, it's about you asking for more when you've tried so little. yeah yeah offline schmoffline. LFS is an online racing sim. to use it to its full potential, you need to be at least online. progress is recorded so you can gauge against other drivers. it's also to see how much of the game/sim you've actually tried. so my point about stats is valid and still stands. no matter how much to try to avoid it or wash over it.
i also fixed your last sentence. that would have been one of those question things you don't seem to fully understand.
what gear should i be in for T4 on AS2 in an XFR? it's a simple question. your answer or lack there of could speak volumes about you...
Quote from farcar :Why do you care what my hobby is?
Go get a life.

Because you interfere with my hobby, thats why.
Quote from dadge :...it's about you asking for more when you've tried so little.

With all due respect, he hasn't been asking for content. So the beef you have with him is really redundant.

The idea that it's NOT possible to experience all the content offline is nonsense. Clearly every combo is available online and offline.

If you were to say you haven't tried every aspect of LFS, until you've played x races online, maybe there's a degree of validity to that. But what's the threshold?
Quote from Macfox :With all due respect, he hasn't been asking for content. So the beef you have with him is really redundant.

The idea that it's NOT possible to experience all the content offline is nonsense. Clearly every combo is available online and offline.

If you were to say you haven't tried every aspect of LFS, until you've played x races online, maybe there's a degree of validity to that. But what's the threshold?

ok, try and have a 32 car race. offline. it's an online racing sim. it's in the title. also, have you ever had an epic battle in LFS? offline?
Quote from Macfox :With all due respect, he hasn't been asking for content. So the beef you have with him is really redundant.

Quote from farcar :The physics update and more content will rekindle my interest. What doesn't make sense exactly?

are you sure? it's not a beef either. he (and you) are asking for more and you've done so little. how many times are we going to do this?
Quote from dadge :ok, try and have a 32 car race. offline. it's an online racing sim. it's in the title. also, have you ever had an epic battle in LFS? offline?

Yes a few times at LAN parties as it's more conducive to a lag free experience.
also, if we include those few offline races, would you say that 99% of your LFS activity is/was online?
Its an Offtopic thread now :nut:

Scawen do something , speak a word or the members kill each other in the next month.

You know a "patch" can save life :ambulance
Quote from Xenix74 :Its an Offtopic thread now :nut:

Scawen do something , speak a word or the members kill each other in the next month.

You know a "patch" can save life :ambulance

it's an internet forum dude, there is no physical contact...
Then you kill each other on the Road. Force Feedback helps you to rumble
Quote from Xenix74 :Force Feedback helps you to rumble

i have a jack russell and a rucksack for that.
Quote from dadge :a few times since 2008?

Quote from dadge :also, if we include those few offline races, would you say that 99% of your LFS activity is/was online?

Post 08, I've exclusively played offline as AU LFS scene slumped. Pretty simple really, nothing sinister or some greater agenda. After all I've been here since day 1 and at RSC before that and my online playing habits have pretty much matched the rises and falls of LFS development.

You seem fixated on a point that really is irrelevant. S2 was released mid 05 and we haven't seen a major content update since then. If you think that's okay... Great... But clearly from the evidence in this thread and countless others before it, many aren't and I doubt they care for any of this pointless debate of acceptable playing habits.
Dadge, I think your correlation between "playing the entire game" and being allowed to ask for more content is irrelevant.

They paid for the product, they use it the way they want, and since it's an online forum, they are entitled to request whatever they want.

If you still want to reason in terms of numbers of different combos played, fine, let's have a little game and ask ourselves more questions.
Can you answer the following :
- Why would people not play on all the combos ?
- Why would people request more specific cars to play with ?
- Why would people request additional tracks to race on ?

Once you've answered these questions, then we can start debating. You really can't have a constructive discussion if you don't even try to understand the other guys' point of view.
There's no use Macfox...

Dadge will continue to be an incessant moron who merely argues for the sake of it. I wouldn't have a problem with that if he did it with some level of wit and intellegence, but he does it with neither. So he's just a moron; an incessant one.

I'm absolutely rapt that I have somehow managed to 'interfere' with cargame's hobby though. Apparently I did this by merely not playing online! He must be one highly strung person. Hopefully I've snapped a few.

It's relatively easy to find someone's previous post, put it in to whatever context suits and claim contradition, but in the end these 2 guys still know jack shit about how I use LFS.
Dadge, you've been studying my online stats in some detail, and quoted them in a feeble attempt to back up whatever it was you were trying to say.
For the record, my stats were reset to zeros at my request a few years ago. I hinted at this earlier, but you failed to notice.

Besides, all this is irrelevant to the fact that you're allowed to use LFS however the hell you choose. Scawen has said exactly that too, so really - I couldn't care less what these 2 muppets think.

STOP ARGUING FOR **** SAKE!!!

STOP RUINING THE RUINED THREAD!!!

GO TO OFF TOPIC IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO PISS AND MOAN!!

Thank you, you've won, a free cookie.
Quote from rockclan :stop arguing for **** sake!!!

Stop ruining the ruined thread!!!

Go to off topic if you feel you need to piss and moan!!

gtfo
Quote from rockclan :STOP ARGUING FOR **** SAKE!!!

STOP RUINING THE RUINED THREAD!!!

GO TO OFF TOPIC IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO PISS AND MOAN!!

It doesn't help. I Rather keep this topic to down and let's wait when we have "new news" about "patch"
Quote from Macfox : Post 08, I've exclusively played offline as AU LFS scene slumped. Pretty simple really, nothing sinister or some greater agenda. After all I've been here since day 1 and at RSC before that and my online playing habits have pretty much matched the rises and falls of LFS development.

*cough* bullshit.

Quote from Macfox :You seem fixated on a point that really is irrelevant. S2 was released mid 05 and we haven't seen a major content update since then. If you think that's okay... Great... But clearly from the evidence in this thread and countless others before it, many aren't and I doubt they care for any of this pointless debate of acceptable playing habits.

so, about 99% then?
i think the point is valid. after all, the stats on lfs world don't show your full activity, so i was trying to establish how much your stats represented your activity. you're only finding this pointless because it's showing you and you're little friend as two moaning little bitches who cry for more content when they've used so very little. then when someone asks you both about it, you both hit red alert and start dodging all the main point. i'll give a great example, this is now the 2nd day i've been putting my point across. it's the same point i had 2 days ago. 3 pages later, guess what? i'm still putting my point across. while you two try to drag the conversation far enough away from my question that they would seem to be less important than when they were first asked.

and now, onto my favourite poster who only insults other users when he feels threatened.

Quote from farcar : There's no use Macfox...

Dadge will continue to be an incessant moron who merely argues for the sake of it. I wouldn't have a problem with that if he did it with some level of wit and intellegence, but he does it with neither. So he's just a moron; an incessant one.

please, explain to me how i'm a moron. i've provided info on both you and you're moany friend. you two have just been pulling info from your arseholes. yet i'm the moron? are we reducing this conversation to a level you can understand better? if you like i can start spouting names at you. but isn't name calling childish? maybe boarding on moronic? so, whilst you're busy calling me a moron, you're actually showing the rest of the forum who the real retard is. good for you kid.

Quote from farcar : It's relatively easy to find someone's previous post, put it in to whatever context suits and claim contradition, but in the end these 2 guys still know jack shit about how I use LFS.

i would agree but if the quotes taken from other conversations (conversations that are more or less identicl to this one) then i think context has not been comprimised. want to redo that one again? some of it got caught up in my bullshit filter.

Quote from farcar : Dadge, you've been studying my online stats in some detail, and quoted them in a feeble attempt to back up whatever it was you were trying to say.

nobody can study your stats in detail. there's just not enough for that to happen. i'll be honest, when i was looking at your stats i was looking for a combo you had plenty of experience on. i didn't find any.
Quote from farcar :
For the record, my stats were reset to zeros at my request a few years ago. I hinted at this earlier, but you failed to notice.

if it really was for the record, you would have mentioned this a lot sooner don't you think. so, i think i'll call bullshit on that one too.

Quote from farcar : Besides, all this is irrelevant to the fact that you're allowed to use LFS however the hell you choose. Scawen has said exactly that too, so really - I couldn't care less what these 2 muppets think.

again, your post = low weight. pointless posting insults your little sister told you to post. it just makes you look desperate. i'm sure you're going to have to think of a few new pork pies for your next post. try to make them more believable next time.

@ZEN i understand theses two kids points of view and that's why i posted mine. how many times have you gone to a restaurant , ordered the soup and after that you go on to tell the chef that he needs a better menu with more on it.
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG