The online racing simulator
WTCC considers Nordscleife meetings
hmm... Lotti should make it a 4 lap all-star cash-race, where all Super2000 cars are allowed to start. As that wouldn't be a World Championship race, they are not restricted to a Level-4 track, because, if you're realistic about that, the Nordschleife won't be updated to Level-4, with all the financial losses the Nürburgring has to face.
#3 - samjh
Two laps? What's the point?

The WTCC should take a leaf out of the V8SC's playbook, and do an enduro race there. 1000km at the Ring.
Quote from samjh :Two laps? What's the point?

The WTCC should take a leaf out of the V8SC's playbook, and do an enduro race there. 1000km at the Ring.

Lotti said, that he is impressed by the audiance at the 24h hour race. Traditionally several One-make-Cups are racing there a 4 lap race. Until 2009 the German Super2000 series was also there. For a 1000km race, there is not enough time. Until 1993 the DTM held two 4-lap races there, which was barely fitting in the schedule. Especially if you think of the Classics Race (which is, if I remember it correctly a 3 h race), there is not much time left for the official Touringcar World Championship.
The thing about it is that only the 24h race attracts more then 150k spectators, who are around the track in their tents or caravans.
This is quite a special situation honestly, you need stronger safety regulations for plain S2000 sprint races, than you need for 24 hour races featuring GTRs, alongside various and very different slower cars... Now I'm not sure if the 24 hour race fall under FIA's safety regulations though, but still.
No - they can consider whatever they want, no chance. Don't even hope. No possibility at all.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :This is quite a special situation honestly, you need stronger safety regulations for plain S2000 sprint races, than you need for 24 hour races featuring GTRs, alongside various and very different slower cars... Now I'm not sure if the 24 hour race fall under FIA's safety regulations though, but still.

The 24 hour race is gouverned by a German motorsports body. Therefore it also does not appear on the international calendar. The thing is the "World Championship" Title, which automatically means there must be a Level-4 track like Oschersleben or Sachsenring (or even Pau, Macao, Porto...). I think the Nordschleife is not homologated at all. The Nürburgring GP course is Level-5, because it hosts Formula 1 races. Level-3 is needed for any other international Series. (Superleague Formula,...)

The FIA ETCC can race at Salzburgring while the FIA WTCC cannot, because of the "World" in its title, eventhough both series run under Super 2000 regulations.

EDIT: Maybe it is only "Bernhard style" publisity making, as Lotti considered it also in April 2009.
The Nordschleife is Homologated but only to a certain extend, which means 24h of Nürburgring is the biggest event there may be. Also, if the plan would exist, there would simply be the lack of space for a realization. You simply can't turn a 20.832m long track into a 5.000m long sprint track. Furthermore i am not sure if the field of drivers will agree so much. Even for an absolute pro, with a weekend of testing you won't be competetive at all at the Nordschleife.

All i can say is, Andy Priaulx and Joerg Müller would have awesome chances because they also drive the 24h Race since multiple years.

There maybe further regulations and standards which the Nordschleife will never be able to pervade. E.g. safety zone rules, barriers and so on.
Quote from baSh0r :You simply can't turn a 20.832m long track into a 5.000m long sprint track.

They want to run on the full track AFAIK.

Quote :Furthermore i am not sure if the field of drivers will agree so much. Even for an absolute pro, with a weekend of testing you won't be competetive at all at the Nordschleife.

I belive most of field have very few/none experience on the track, so no one would start with a huge advantage AFAIK.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :They want to run on the full track AFAIK.

I belive most of field have very few/none experience on the track, so no one would start with a huge advantage AFAIK.

... Don't forget Franz Engstler I think he's got more experience on the Nordschleife then everyone else on the WTCC roster together...
The Full Track Nürburgring Nordschleife ist the 20.832 version.

The one you mean is the VLN/24h Version using the GP Track combined with the Nordschleife Circuit. For example thats for the VLN version which runs the Nordschleife and the GP Circuit Short (with the long 180° bend before the long few turns down to the dunlop turn) is 24.433 m long.

And about the drivers, Priaulx & Müller are pure Nordschleife experts. Also Engstler drove almost weekly in the last years.
(still i doubt that there would be a huge difference, but even a bit of more advantage is priceless)
Quote from baSh0r :And about the drivers, Priaulx & Müller are pure Nordschleife experts.

But they are not racing in WTCC anymore. Neither does Farfus Jr. who was also on the BMW M3 GT2s and on the WTCC-spec engined Diesel(!) 3 years ago. With BMW joining DTM, I doubt they can be considered.
Oh i am so up to date This calls for a guest start!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG