The online racing simulator
It's actually quite surprising that the most obvious difference between RB and other cars, the low, flexible front wing has still not been replicated by others despite it having being around for quite a while now. It's a strange sight to see the McLaren front wing being comparatively sky high.

Apparently LH also did not use KERS on his fast lap because it failed.
Not another boring season, please, pretty please.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :It's actually quite surprising that the most obvious difference between RB and other cars, the low, flexible front wing has still not been replicated by others despite it having being around for quite a while now. It's a strange sight to see the McLaren front wing being comparatively sky high.

The Red Bull wing is low, but I can't see it flexing any more than the McLaren or Ferrari. The entire wing assembly itself is lower. Look at the centre of the wing - it's lower than the McLaren, and the tips of the wing appear to be low by the same or similar amount.
Found on another forum, no idea how reliable it is...

Quote :Apparently Red Bull might have a KERS system only for the start of the race, which would be a very clever interpretation of the rules.

All KERS equipped cars start with a fully charged battery for the start. So apparently RBR have installed a light weight battery 'KERS' system for the start of the race and then presumably haven't bothered with the kinetic recovery part from the brakes, therefore not having to bother with the negative aspect of messing with brake bias. This should mean there is less likelihood of their tyres locking up and flat spotting.

Oh and the stewards have decided not to let HRT race tomorrow. Thank god.

Had anyone FP and quali on HD channel ACTUALLY in HD? Seems like my tv provider is going to broadcast only race itself in HD or F1 management do it like this?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Not another boring season, please, pretty please.

I'm sorry for you but my father who is teh inverted Nostradamus just decided to support Ferrari, and look what happened

I was prepared for mid-pack mayhem in race for weeks, and now Lewis with Jenson jumps into front lines to bite RBR asses, yeah!
I was expecting some close fight between Vettel, Webber, Hamilton and Alonso, but it seems like a Vettel-only hotlapping session season. Let's wait what happens tomorrow.
Quote from Intrepid :It's the RedBull design team who are the real-life "aliens"

Yeah they are, but so is Vettel. I'm very disappointed with Webber. I thought new car weight limit would help him out, but on these sort of tracks looks like nothing can help him.

A poor start from Ferrari once again, but I'm sure they'll catch up, they always do. One thing that probably won't change is Massa, forever lost in my eyes...

Button, Alonso, Schumi, I wonder what these can do with wing rule and most of all can Hamilton use it to win this thing. I'm sure he can if last years RedBull quali story is repeating again. Oh yea and Kobayashi will for sure use it for good purpuses. You better watch your ass Massa
Nice pleasant surprise from McLaren.

Amazing from Red Bull and Vettel once again. That was something else.

Oh, and please kick HRT out. Its a joke.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Not another boring season, please, pretty please.

ehm sorry but, the last 4 years has been one of the most exciting seasons ever, with close fighting for the WDC until the last race, i dont know what you expect.

and guys, calm down, its the first focking race and you're already talking about another 8 years domination by 1 single driver
Petrov on podium tomorrow. You heard it first here folks!

I like how RB dominated too.
VETTEL \o/
Quote from DevilDare :Oh, and please kick HRT out. Its a joke.

A BIGBIGBIG joke, the car they use on Australia look like last year car and not news car...

Proof in pics :
-Car used at Melbourne :

-Car showed at Barcelona :

Or better I should say it's only with the front wing /fp
They still have many parts to make before that car is complete, so they're just recycling last year's car's parts.

By the way, Martin seemed a bit nervous at the start of qualifying. You could hear him mucking up some of his lines in the first 5 minutes, but then he picked it up by Q3 and I was a lot more into it with Brundle than I would with Legard on commentary...it's definitely an improvement, now that there is no idiot to ruin the momentous uh, moments.
Hrt
No point drawing sweeping conclusions from qualifying or the whole race weekend. It's the first race with a lot of new rules, new tyres and Melbourne isn't a representative circuit. Job this week for drivers is to make sure they score what they can and don't make any silly errors.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :No point drawing sweeping conclusions from qualifying or the whole race weekend. It's the first race with a lot of new rules, new tyres and Melbourne isn't a representative circuit.

I say Melbourne is actually quite a decent indicator of championship performance.

2004 Schumacher won
2006 Alonso won
2007 Kimi won
2008 Hamilton won
2009 Button won
2010 Vettel should've won
Quote from Senninha25 :They still have many parts to make before that car is complete, so they're just recycling last year's car's parts.

HRT is a big joke anyway. I expected them to bring the "some parts a still in customs, so we can't drive/race" BS again.
Quote from samjh :The Red Bull wing is low, but I can't see it flexing any more than the McLaren or Ferrari. The entire wing assembly itself is lower. Look at the centre of the wing - it's lower than the McLaren, and the tips of the wing appear to be low by the same or similar amount.

the point is that when the cars are static the wings have similar ground clearences, general opinion at the moment seems to be that redbull have a very clever way of the actual nose flexing under load and this is what leads to the wing being lower to the road.

as it is it's a bit of a grey area if this is legal as while if passes the rule about wing flex, other rules do specifically ban any method that allows the wings to opperate illegally. maybe the answer is for the FIA to inpound any car thats suspected of being illegal and running it in a full size windtunnel to see what actually happens under full aero load.

the fact that other teams don't appear to be copying it makes me wonder if there's a behind the scenes attempt to get things clarified and / or produce definative evidence
Quote from Bean0 :Found on another forum, no idea how reliable it is...Apparently Red Bull might have a KERS system only for the start of the race, which would be a very clever interpretation of the rules.

All KERS equipped cars start with a fully charged battery for the start. So apparently RBR have installed a light weight battery 'KERS' system for the start of the race and then presumably haven't bothered with the kinetic recovery part from the brakes, therefore not having to bother with the negative aspect of messing with brake bias. This should mean there is less likelihood of their tyres locking up and flat spotting.

omg. win.

The car seems on another planet when watching onboard. It just rotates so well in every phase of cornering.
Quote from J@tko :Might want to put some spoiler tags in the title

I think it's pretty obvious there will be spoilers after the race event is underway, don't you?
Quote from Senninha25 :
By the way, Martin seemed a bit nervous at the start of qualifying. You could hear him mucking up some of his lines in the first 5 minutes, but then he picked it up by Q3 and I was a lot more into it with Brundle than I would with Legard on commentary...it's definitely an improvement, now that there is no idiot to ruin the momentous uh, moments.

Have to agree, very strange to hear him opening up the commentary when the F1 feed starts showing. Though him and David already showing great things.

HRT probably wont race, infact I kind of hope that they don't. It's very half arsed of them not to test their new car at all and then do a SHAKEDOWN in the Q1.. retarded, and then you have two drivers who are arguealby the worst on the grid, although Maldonado has failed to impress me. I fear he will be very bad, comparing his GP2 results to that of Perez, he has the upper hand, but from what I've seen in FP and the Qualifying, Perez is 10fold better. Di Resta also definately someone to watch, he really is good.

Though I don't like Vettel, gotta hand it to him he dominated, though Hamilton did a bloody good job to get on to 2nd on the grid with a nerfed kers slowing him down (though Vettel apparently didn't use KERS on the pole lap he did.)
#73 - JJ72
I never know what HRT is up to, is it just a money laundry scheme of some sort????
Di Resta sounds like Mooney :0

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG