The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
If the diffs are known to be weak, why throw in a used one? It would make sense to buy a new one so you know that it'll last longer than a week. That also says the OEM LSD is shit. You should go OEM+ next time it blows it's load.
Well, the diff held up fine, until i've abused the living sh*t out of it.

I'm not joking when i say i was sideways the whole day in almost every corner. They even gave me a nickname in the pits... "The drifter".

I will probably not do this again in such an excessive way. I've learned my lession. Spirited driving and some tail out moments here and there are no problem however.

I like to replace it with an OEM one, since i like to keep this car stock. It's a great car and i love the handling (with all the things that are "wrong" with it, like bump steering (earlier models), etc.).

Plus i've been told by several people, including a high up tech guy from honda switzerland, that if you make the diff stronger (replace it with a better one), other parts might break instead, like the driveshaft, or transmission, etc. This would be a little more expensive to fix than a new (used) differential.

And again, i really like this car how it is from the factory. I'm not gonna risk ruining the smile on my face when i drive it, by replacing stuff with aftermarket parts.

PS: The "used" diff has 17'000km on it, it's like brand new for the third of the price a new one would cost me.
That is true for anything. The weakest link will always break, by beefing up the weakest link, something else will give way. So you can spend your life over engineering your car, unless the weak item is prone to failure, in which case a replacement of a slightly stronger part will limit failures. You can get a stronger LSD which will retail the same slip levels as the OEM part. Which is what I'd do.

If you're happy with the part that is fine, but remember that you killed the original item after one day of over excitable driving. 17k through the second hand one is irrelevant if the old owner pushed it just as hard every day.

Only time will tell of course, the new diff could outlive the car.
Last Thursday the first comp. of the driftcup started! I finished 2nd, now doing "Pro-Class" (twinning)
Car handles awsome, just needs some fine tuning

And a movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW8OV4W3ZXg

Car is now lowered in the back and will be even more when arches are flared.
I see a tow eye. Get ready for people to flame you. Love the car though...
A tow hook on a track slag is different to a tow hook on a street princess.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :A tow hook on a track slag is different to a tow hook on a street princess.

Indeed, but I was just making a point.
Quote from e2mustang :lol i found pics from my old honda
the end..

please tell me the red button on the dash engages your vtec trusters.
i think it did,i dont remember it was 4-5 years ago now.but could`ve been the hazard switch
Quote from BlueFlame :Indeed, but I was just making a point.

Your point was totally pointless and an attempt for starting a trollfest.
Quote from -NightFly- :Your point was totally pointless and an attempt for starting a trollfest.

could you please either troll in one thread or none at all? your posts are so boring right now. i don't read past the first line. you're like a comedian who has only one joke. skill up or buck up.
check this out ! I had a CL600 biturbo today,needed hydro. suspension lines.so exhaust came off,and we didnt put it back coz no1 had seals(coming from germany) and this sucker was eargasm ! phone sucks at vids..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK0LxfooyIo
Quote from -NightFly- :Your point was totally pointless and an attempt for starting a trollfest.

No, it was a point that it COULD of been made into a troll fest, as was with XCNuse's car previously in this friend.
how can you have a pointless point? surely the fact that it's a point would mean that it's impossible for it to be pointless. :/
Wow would y'all quit with the bitchin' already.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Wow would y'all quit with the bitchin' already.

are you wearing your "Daisy Duke" costume again?
He can't fit into it anymore.

Can't decide on eyelids off or on, I'm thinking on which isn't what I expected.

I creamed myself.

And on.
Found some gravel roads this past weekend.
Attached images
IMG-20110326-00130.jpg
IMG-20110326-00135.jpg
Quote from dadge :how can you have a pointless point? :/

Now your point is too pointless even to point at...
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG