The online racing simulator
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

For gamers that experienced the 8-bit era this movie could be a treat.
I do say could, because in any case I can say in confidence that it will be the weirdest movie you will have ever seen. At the very least, you will wonder at least 10 times or so what in earth you are watching, as the movie is just completely bonkers yet strangely likeable.

It's basically just under two hours of crazy scene swaps, incredibly creative comic-book like visuals that support the audio effects, an incredible amount of obvious and not-so-obvious gaming references and crazy boss-battle fighting scenes that make the Matrix look lame.

I have never been so confused yet entertained in my life, but I think this movie requires a certain amount of 'crazy mind' to appreciate.
Quote from Jertje :Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

For gamers that experienced the 8-bit era this movie could be a treat.
I do say could, because in any case I can say in confidence that it will be the weirdest movie you will have ever seen. At the very least, you will wonder at least 10 times or so what in earth you are watching, as the movie is just completely bonkers yet strangely likeable.

It's basically just under two hours of crazy scene swaps, incredibly creative comic-book like visuals that support the audio effects, an incredible amount of obvious and not-so-obvious gaming references and crazy boss-battle fighting scenes that make the Matrix look lame.

I have never been so confused yet entertained in my life, but I think this movie requires a certain amount of 'crazy mind' to appreciate.

That movie is awesome!
I specially love the part where the girls that said aboslutely nothing says "I'll be more sillent" rofl
I saw Splice last night...horrible characters as Brody apart, I quite liked the story
The Mechanic was good, even it was quite clear what was going to happen next all the tiem.
Have to watch all movies where Jason Statham is
Yeah Mechanic wasn't bad.

Nikita 2010 TV Series - Seems to be a re-hash of the 1997 La Femme Nikita. Its awesome though, great action/spy stuff. Basically two girls against a secret organisation called Division. Has Maggie Q in there, 'nd she's awesome
wrong thread and that video was shit. get over justin bieber already.
Finally saw Black Swan yesterday.

I'm kind of shocked. It's so stunningly beautiful, and then chaotically horrifying. Not sure if that makes sense. I loved it.
Shaolin Nihao ching wong pong etc
The Next Three Days

It was good...well at least better then expected and Mechanic was very good too.
saw hall pass yesterday with gf. it was very good and funny movie !
Just watched Return to Me on TV, one of the best romantic comedies out there..
Im only just watching the TV series Alias (yes i know finished 6 years ago), but damn its awesome.

The whole Rambaldi thing is crazy
"The Town"

Highly recommended, very good film, well worth the watch.

Saw the Mechanic also, typical film but what else do you expect.

And, forgive me but, "Faster" with the Rock in it, was actually quite good, much better than expected.

Dare I say it, but the new F&F film actually looks quite good, god knows i'll regret saying that though.
Quote from Bawbag :
Saw the Mechanic also, typical film but what else do you expect.

And, forgive me but, "Faster" with the Rock in it, was actually quite good, much better than expected.

Dare I say it, but the new F&F film actually looks quite good, god knows i'll regret saying that though.

Yeah, Mechanic wasnt too bad but I didnt really love it. Same with Faster.

Cant wait for Fast5 though:d
So, finally got to see, "Senna".

My impressions...

Have to say, it was good, but could of been much better.

The thing that really annoyed me was the sounds. They just took some random engine noise from another race presumably, and dubbed it over the footage. Now it would of been fine if they made an attempt to sync it with the footage, but they havent. So now you get Senna driving through Sainte Devote, Tabac and other slower corners while you hear shifting up... Plus he has both hands on the steering wheel when you hear it, so its like, "wait, what...?".

Was very disappointed with that... A random stranger who couldn't give a damn about F1 or motorsport in general might not notice it and probably wouldnt care if he did, but as a long time racing/F1 fan, I got really irritated with it.

Also, this might be somewhat of a spoiler...

Too much Senna v Prost @ McLaren drama. Was hoping to see more of his childhood, lower series, his road to F1... Hell, what about some of the epic battles with other drivers? Got barely mentioned... And the epic shot of Mansell v Senna at Spain (if my memory doesnt deceive me) where the two are side by side, only got shown in the credits...

Anyway, still a very good watch. Have to say, I did get "something in my eye" for a bit
I've watched a few in the last days:

Tron: Legacy and Sucker Punch: great for your eyes and ears, and not much else. I kinda liked both for a casual entertainment but I can understand people bashing them.

Requiem for a Dream: I have no idea what to think of it. I won't even vote for it on IMDB, I don't know if I liked it or not. All I can say is that it's painful to watch, even disgusting at times; but somehow I don't regret watching it.

To lighten the mood a bit...
(500) Days of Summer: damn you Zooey!
TT3D - Obviously
Monsters - Pretty good. Good atmosphere. Better than your usual Hollywood alien film. Apparently the director did most of the 3D work himself at home.
The Green Hornet -Good for a DVD night
Watched Paul recently. While not as good as Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz, still a nice comedy with lots of sci-fi references. Had a good time watching it.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG