The online racing simulator
Firefox 4 is out!
(161 posts, started )
Great, FF4 is just as memory hungry as ever and in their wisdom have turned off the status bar. I quite like having a status bar for GMail notifiers and the like. >.<

[edit: It also appears to have random CPU hogging spikes and lag out on start up. Nice improvement, they have made it more unbearable. Think I will have to find something else.]

[edit2: Turns out the status bar is now called the "ADD-ON BAR".]
When is Firefox 5 released?
Chrome.

'Nuff said.
I hate chrome, when I want to see my mailbox through MSN messenger I always have to relogin at hotmail again. IE just opens the inbox for you and all.
Just installed it, looks all nice and finally the text has a cleartype function! I like how the tabs have moved to the uppermost of the window saving room.

Can't see any performance increases but I never really could with any browsers.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I hate chrome, when I want to see my mailbox through MSN messenger I always have to relogin at hotmail again. IE just opens the inbox for you and all.

I can't actually tell if your trying to be funny or if your being dead serious.
140-180mb max

Youtube, facebook, manga online, torrents, other forums etc etc

For some reason is "fell" a bit faster, but the resource and cpu usage is the same as 3.6.xx so no big change from here, i'be lost compatibility with some addons ( Hope they update soon )

I don't like the new tab position... also removed the tool bar from the botton ( Can't use the Foxy Tunes or winamp controls... )

For now looks good and fell's good
i have plenty of RAM to spare
what i did notice though is that it runs faster than 3.6.x
all good so far
It's definately a lot faster than 3.6, especially when browsing forward/back, which used to take forever with the old version and now it's instant like Opera. Performed a few tweaks to make the looks more streamlined, also loving the tabs on top feature! Still seems to have a few small bugs left that I noticed, but nothing major.

Quite disappointed Mozilla axed the PPC mac support though, like a quad processor G5 wouldn't be more than enough for web browsing.
Meh, now I don't know what's right.
Attached images
firefox-chrome.jpg
Quote from Inouva :Where and how?

I'be tryed to customize and drag the tool bar till the botton of the screen , and after i close the customize it disapear...

Right click in the empty area to the right of the tabs. You want to enable (tick) the Add-On Bar (can also choose tabs on top or not here). It can also be toggled on/off using CTRL+/
Quote from sil3ntwar :I can't actually tell if your trying to be funny or if your being dead serious.

I was dead serious about that.
So much quicker than before for me - I can even use GreaseMonkey without it taking 5 seconds to load every page
Works fine so far expect one thing. In 3.6 you could write something to address bar, hit enter and Firefox used google's 'I try my luck button' to go straight to the site (I quess ). That was very handy, but FF4 goes to google with the same method.

Anyone know how to enable that feature?
btw:

dont know if you people are aware of this, but:
as we know, font rendering with direct2D enabled is bit corrupted, as well as on IE9. its MS bug and solution will be either with some ms update, or in firefox 5, not any sooner.

but if you want to use hw acceleration, with original font rendering, you can do this:
in about:config, search for gfx.direct2d.disabled and set this to TRUE, while leaving hw acceleration option enabled. this will unfortunately not use direct2D acceleration, but still there's direct3D 9 acceleration. its not so fast as direct2D, but its far better than nothing - you can notice very fast scrolling on every page for example, also IE's test drive tests are faster than with acceleration disabled, but slower than with D2D acceleration and still keeps your font rendering correct. just a hint :-)
#43 - DeKo
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I hate chrome, when I want to see my mailbox through MSN messenger I always have to relogin at hotmail again. IE just opens the inbox for you and all.

Just bookmark the inbox, problem solved.
Quote from Mauni :Works fine so far expect one thing. In 3.6 you could write something to address bar, hit enter and Firefox used google's 'I try my luck button' to go straight to the site (I quess ). That was very handy, but FF4 goes to google with the same method.

Anyone know how to enable that feature?

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Location_Bar_Search

Enter 'about:config' in the URL bar, search for the preference 'keyword.URL' and change it to...

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=

Google "Browse by Name" (Automatically takes you to sites with a clear match, else performs a Google search) (default in Firefox 2)
@Bean0: That did the trick. Thanks
Quote from Bean0 :Right click in the empty area to the right of the tabs. You want to enable (tick) the Add-On Bar (can also choose tabs on top or not here). It can also be toggled on/off using CTRL+/

Love you
I just tried Chrome for the hell of it.. IT HAS EXTENSIONS NOW.
Goodbye forever Firefox. Once upon a time, people chose Firefox because it was lean, responsive and better than IE. Now it's just a huge resource hogging monster.
It would be hard for me to claim today that it's better than IE 9.
chrome uses much more memory than firefox and any other browser because of forking tabs to processes...
Being a long term firefox user, yesterday i tried out chrome for my first time. As some people said, "it has extensions now" - they were there already when i started using it. What a good suprise.

I gotta admit that i really like it, the interface and all that. Hell, even youtube videos buffer faster (Around ~15000kbps, while firefox was ~8000kbps). Flash version is slightly newer on Chrome but i dont think that will make such a big difference. The extensions work fine, loving the Adblock and several other extensions wich ive used on Firefox. Only thing i miss is BarTab - i hope there will be one available soon. For now ive checked Chrome as my default browser and firefox will most likely be uninstalled.

Edit: I disagree with u Majod, bigtime. While firefox (Version 4.0) used around 400mb+ with 9 tabs - chrome uses less than half of that. Overall, chrome is just so much faster. Im also loving the instant startup. This thing is epic fast.
my firefox 4 used 250MB with 15 tabs after clean start, chrome used twice as much with same pages opened after clean start so im just saying from my experience (and i have only one extension on firefox, none on chrome) (edit: oh and im not the only one http://www.ghacks.net/2009/06/ ... chmark-gets-it-all-wrong/), however there was time when i was considering srware iron my default browser, but im totally used to awesomebar and i miss that in other browsers...

also i have a question on ff4 -> when bookmark tab is disabled by default, where should people access their bookmarks instantly? i know you can enable it (as i did), but thats all?

Firefox 4 is out!
(161 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG