The online racing simulator
Japanese people are prepared well for such disasters. If this hell happened somewhere else, where people aren't expecting such a horrible earthquake to happen, results would be much, much worse. It's a strong nation, they will survive, but still, disasters are really shit... Let's just hope there will be no more victims.
Quote from flymike91 :I have never heard any of the anti Japanese things "some Americans" are saying and I live in the heart of texas. I suspect a lot of that is concocted to sate the thirst for anti American sentiment

lolwat

Granted, any mongoloid can get a facebook account, but this shit is infuriating.

edit: removed huge pic. didn't realize Moose had posted it earlier.
jesus christ. What type of education system do you have in the US. I thaught we had people lacking in brains/education here
Quote from rich uk :jesus christ. What type of education system do you have in the US. I thaught we had people lacking in brains/education here

agree with you aswell, 1 correction its spelt 'thought' not thaught.
i just wanted to point it out before someone else did bro

best wishes to all who are affected by this disaster
Quote from flymike91 :I have never heard any of the anti Japanese things "some Americans" are saying and I live in the heart of texas. I suspect a lot of that is concocted to sate the thirst for anti American sentiment

My wife just got that attitude on xbox live. From an American.
Just a little bit of information, obviously this is while they were at war, but it's horrific.

"During the war "annihilationist and exterminationalist rhetoric" was tolerated at all levels of U.S. society; according to the UK embassy in Washington the Americans regarded the Japanese as "a nameless mass of vermin". Caricatures depicting Japanese as less than human, e.g. monkeys, were common. A 1944 opinion poll that asked what should be done with Japan found that 13% of the U.S. public were in favor of the extermination of all Japanese: men, women, and children."
Quote from DeKo :Just a little bit of information, obviously this is while they were at war, but it's horrific.

"During the war "annihilationist and exterminationalist rhetoric" was tolerated at all levels of U.S. society; according to the UK embassy in Washington the Americans regarded the Japanese as "a nameless mass of vermin". Caricatures depicting Japanese as less than human, e.g. monkeys, were common. A 1944 opinion poll that asked what should be done with Japan found that 13% of the U.S. public were in favor of the extermination of all Japanese: men, women, and children."

I will confirm this post. This IS NOT my view, and this DOES NOT continue to be the view of the American People. Of course some parrents teach this to their children, but it is no longer a prominant thing in the United States. Very uncommon.

In war time the US Government had alot of propaganda against them, and to be quite honest, you'll find that that was one of the bloodiest places in which the war was fought. Japan's Military seemed as though they were hell-bent in not giving up until they were killed. (The kamikaze are an example of this)

Of course most probably know about Japanese internmant (NOTHING like Nazi Germany's mind you). That is a dark part of American Histroy. Nothing like what Germany of that era is to that nation, but it is something that many Americans regret.
You're right, it doesn't represent Americans as a whole, but all these bullshit facebook and twitter posts make everyone look like ****s, rightly or wrongly.

Anyway, the headlines will soon be "Radiation!!! In 1 hour at the Fukashima plant, you will be exposed to 8 times what you would naturally pick up over a year!!!!!!!!! Apocalypse!!!!". Of course, what they won't mention is that the amount of background radiation you recieve over a year is roughly 2.5 mSv, so the amount you get from standing right beside the reactor is 25mSv, which is 0.025 Sv. Now, to start feeling slightly sick you need to get 1 Sv in the space of about an hour, and 5 Sv gets you really ill. So realistically, you would have to stand beside the reactor for the next 40 hours, and even then you wouldn't even get sick.

Of course, there is quite a big threat that it's going to go tits up, fast, but sensationalist bullshit does my head in. Also the fact that BBC news have been speaking to bullshitting 'greenpeace' members as if they are ****ing experts on nuclear physics does my head in.
Quote from DeKo :You're right, it doesn't represent Americans as a whole, but all these bullshit facebook and twitter posts make everyone look like ****s, rightly or wrongly.

Anyway, the headlines will soon be "Radiation!!! In 1 hour at the Fukashima plant, you will be exposed to 8 times what you would naturally pick up over a year!!!!!!!!! Apocalypse!!!!". Of course, what they won't mention is that the amount of background radiation you recieve over a year is roughly 2.5 mSv, so the amount you get from standing right beside the reactor is 25mSv, which is 0.025 Sv. Now, to start feeling slightly sick you need to get 1 Sv in the space of about an hour, and 5 Sv gets you really ill. So realistically, you would have to stand beside the reactor for the next 40 hours, and even then you wouldn't even get sick.

Of course, there is quite a big threat that it's going to go tits up, fast, but sensationalist bullshit does my head in. Also the fact that BBC news have been speaking to bullshitting 'greenpeace' members as if they are ****ing experts on nuclear physics does my head in.

From the "experts" on NBC, and my own opinion, the possability of an all out un-contained meltdown is very small, but of course, it's always possable. It wouldn't kill alot of people immedietly, but of course, I think we all know what massive fission blasts do crudely.
No.2 reactor seems to have blown up in a big way, radiation is getting higher, and the Japanese PM is giving an interview right now, in which the first thing he said was "Please listen to what I have to say calmly."
Now there's another nuclear plant also facing cool system failure, and the diesel backup power isn't running as it should, what a big mess
If I understood right there have been one exploision and one fire this night, and still a unclear situation.

As said above, the whole thing seems like a mess now
Good luck to Japan
Upate Latest
SOMA, Japan – Japan's nuclear crisis deepened dramatically Tuesday. As safety officials sought desperately to avert catastrophe, the government said radioactive material leaking from reactors was enough to "impact human health" and the risk of more leaks was "very high."
In a nationally televised statement, Prime Minister Naoto Kan said that radiation has spread from four reactors of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant in Fukushima province that was one of the hardest-hit in Friday's 9.0-magnitude earthquake and the ensuing tsunami.
He urged anyone within 19 miles (30 kilometers) of the plant to stay indoors or risk getting radiation sickness.
"The level seems very high, and there is still a very high risk of more radiation coming out," Kan said.
A cascade of three explosions at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear complex was set in motion when last Friday's quake and tsunami knocked out power, crippling the cooling systems needed to keep nuclear fuel from going into full meltdown.
The latest blast was early Tuesday in the plant's Unit 2 near a suppression pool, which removes heat under a reactor vessel, plant owner Tokyo Electric Power Co. said. Shigekazu Omukai, a spokesman for Japan's nuclear safety agency, said the nuclear core was not damaged but that the bottom of the surrounding container may have been.

WORST CASE SENERIO:

http://www.smh.com.au/environm ... 15-1bvr5.html?from=smh_sb

AAnt
Attached images
japan_nuclear_sites.jpg
6.0 After shock in last hour.
Warnings have again went up for another possible Tsaumi, and 4th nuke plant has suffered an explosion and fire.

Lets just get as many ships to the area and move as many of our fellow human beings out of the area.

Time to act as a human race.

AAnt
There is a 30km^2 safety border around the thing now, but if it all goes to hell they will need to expand it further.

The only ones within this safety zone is 50 workers that tries to stop the disaster. I am crossing my fingers!
This is some scary stuff!
Quote from AtomAnt :

Time to act as a human race.

The best thing to do, is forget about saving people, it's about time that the global population suffered numbers loss, believe me, it hurts to watch the footage of people crying and their property and family being destroyed by the tsunami and washed away never to be seen again but there's a bigger picture.
Quote from BlueFlame :The best thing to do, is forget about saving people, it's about time that the global population suffered numbers loss, believe me, it hurts to watch the footage of people crying and their property and family being destroyed by the tsunami and washed away never to be seen again but there's a bigger picture.

If i had a kid, i wouldn't leave it alone with you even for a second.
Quote from BlueFlame :The best thing to do, is forget about saving people, it's about time that the global population suffered numbers loss, believe me, it hurts to watch the footage of people crying and their property and family being destroyed by the tsunami and washed away never to be seen again but there's a bigger picture.

If that is what your think your only choice is to pass away now. Start small start with yourself. It will help reduce the global population, believe me.

I agree that there a population issue, but your post is quite disgusting, without real thought of consequence and really highlights how little people care about what they say. I am pretty sure rest of the forum will agree.

If it was murders rapists and other scum that prey on human weakness then I would not be as concerned but people deserve another chance for doing wrong or should i say help if changing their ways.
But families, children, teachers, whole communities, these are ok to lose in such tragic circumstances?. I guess its ok for genocide and mass extermination of other speices of life also, reading into the reasons why you would even contemplate such a foolish statement.
Blueflame really you need to re-evaluate your perspective a get a goddamn grip.

One day when people see the bigger picture and realize the only obstacles in life are man made, this world might be a place worth living in. The Older I get the more fickle it seems the moral fibre of humanity becomes, you know that stuff that apparently makes us a superior race, intellectually and emotionally.

If cost was no issue, I think the world just help sort it out, shut up shop and help each other as much as we humanly could.

My heart goes out to those affected.

@Blueflame if you really believe in what you say I suggest in future you attempt to at least explain why you do, as the bigger picture is something you are obviously obliviously unaware of.
Like these words, you may read them, but do you actually really understand them. or just like to react with the first thoughts that arrive.
Take it in process and relate to with compassion, empathy and consideration from all angles.

Peace
Quote from jibber :If i had a kid, i wouldn't leave it alone with you even for a second.

Trust me, in 50years, criminals will be killed all over the world after being sentenced immediately and old people won't be kept on life support machines. Overpopulation is a major problem, that's why natural disasters exist.

Fault-lines have extreme soil fertility that's why alot of people reside there, and that's natures way of balancing the population when it has an earthquake some of those people die.

Without these disasters that have happened in the past, volcano eruption, tsunami, earthquake etc, how many people would their be on the planet right now? A **** tonne more, that's how much.

Almost every problem of humans can be traced to overpopulation. Murder is rife because when you turn around, you are stepping on somebody else for instance. Jobs are hard to find, because the economy is screwed because they is too many people on benefit schemes and too many people trying to fill ONE job slot.

Killing somebody isn't righteous, letting someone die is gifting them their fate. People are SUPPOSED to die. Just let it happen. If every person in the world is saved, we just kill ourselves. If you believe in environmentalism, then you automatically believe this theory, the more humans their are, the more damage to the earth will be created.

Shallow see a person dying and think it is sad.

Deep people realise it's a path that is to be taken
There isn't SUPPOSED to be anything humans can do to help each other in this situation, but we keep finding a way to do it, hurting ourselves in the process.

It would be like having 20cars but not having any money to run them all, only having enough money for one, but religiously keeping them all maintained because of emotional attatchment they sit in a garage because you can't even afford the fuel money but you still keep them, when they can't even function for what they are supposed to function AS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG