The online racing simulator
Low budget wheel with force feedback
Hello.
I'm a casual demo racer, I've been playing LFS demo for over a year now using keyboard and mouse. I have become pretty good with FBM on blackwood track, I did my new PB just the other day 1:12:99.
I've decided to get deeper into it, I'll upgrade to S2 soon.
Also I need to buy a wheel because mouse+keyboard just doesn't offer the expirience I'm after anymore.
And I've played the S2 pirated copy and the cars there are way too powerful to handle with keybaord.
Only decent wheel I managed to find that fit into my budget was logitech momo. Is it good and reliable?.. Cause I've heard that wheels tend to broke very often if you handle them roughly...By roughly I mean fast movements.
I also looked up to some second-hand wheels I came across with something spetacluar that fits into my budget a Logitech g25, three pedals , stick shift...the whole package just for 89€ . But is it safe to buy that kind of a used wheel for just 1/4 of the original price?
As you can see I don't know nothing about wheels, so please help me out here, comment on the momo and that used 25g and maybe recommend some kind of a other wheel that fits into momo's price range.
Quote from Peeterkaru :Hello.
I'm a casual demo racer, I've been playing LFS demo for over a year now using keyboard and mouse. I have become pretty good with FBM on blackwood track, I did my new PB just the other day 1:12:99.
I've decided to get deeper into it, I'll upgrade to S2 soon.
Also I need to buy a wheel because mouse+keyboard just doesn't offer the expirience I'm after anymore.
And I've played the S2 pirated copy and the cars there are way too powerful to handle with keybaord.
Only decent wheel I managed to find that fit into my budget was logitech momo. Is it good and reliable?.. Cause I've heard that wheels tend to broke very often if you handle them roughly...By roughly I mean fast movements.
I also looked up to some second-hand wheels I came across with something spetacluar that fits into my budget a Logitech g25, three pedals , stick shift...the whole package just for 89€ . But is it safe to buy that kind of a used wheel for just 1/4 of the original price?
As you can see I don't know nothing about wheels, so please help me out here, comment on the momo and that used 25g and maybe recommend some kind of a other wheel that fits into momo's price range.

The Momo is very good as a first wheel.
It is a lot heavier on the steering than the G25 though.
In my case that would sometimes lead to try and steer it so hard that it would run out of sync. (as in, using fast movements may lead it to be off-center in-game)
The G25 is very nice, but only if you got the money for it. (although new it's somewhere near 200 euro's, so the 89 euros is only half of the original price).
I've had a MOMO Racing wheel as my first wheel, I used it constantly for 2 years and I loved it, until my FFB motor shorted out, I do admit the steering was heavy compared to my current G25, I gave my momo to my godfather and he enjoys it still. A used G25 or G27 that is in good shape at a good price should be good too.
#4 - dadge
#5 - EmaQ
Quote from dadge :you might be able to pick up a Logitech DFP (driving force pro) for a good price. alot of the wheels you see today are because of the DFP. it's (imo) the grand-daddy of "good" racing wheels.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logite ... e-Logi-Logo/dp/B0006LCME0

Isn't that the same as Drive Force EX, but with shifter, not paddles(or i have to say buttons ). I have Drive Force EX and i am very happy with it, i can recommend it as first steering wheel.
Quote from EmaQ :I hope you havent bought anything yet, because the absolute best budgetwheel is defenitly the Fanatec porshe carrera wheel!! 900 degrees h-shifter and clutch!! awesome wheel!http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/ ... ts_id=66&session=true

I'm also looking for a wheel since I'm currently using a non FFB Saitek R100, I've heard that the Fanatec Carrera wheel has issues, what can you tell me about it?
Quote :And I've played the S2 pirated copy and the cars there are way too powerful to handle with keybaord.

Uber bump, but isn't he saying he cracked it?
Hey! I also recommend the fanatec carrera wheel, I got mine yesterday and I really like it.Shifter, clutch, 900 deg and all for cheap. what more can u expect? also ffb feels fun to go around with, its fun to drive at Drifting.lt, totally recommending fanatec!
Great wheel indeed. I've got my hands on it too, and for that money it's a real bargain!
I plan on purchasing the Fanatec Carrera wheel also after seeing the price and whats included. Will be my first FFB wheel (my driving force FFB is dead). Before I order it I need to run tests on my flimsy desk. I don't know if it will hold up to my arm flailing FFB awesomeness!
haha bose i never knew that you were drifting with a fanatec, thought ur on a g25. Sorry for offtopic, but bose can you please PM me your settings? Cant seem to find a great one and you seemed pretty pro last nite at idrift practice runs
Quote from aloke :haha bose i never knew that you were drifting with a fanatec, thought ur on a g25. Sorry for offtopic, but bose can you please PM me your settings? Cant seem to find a great one and you seemed pretty pro last nite at idrift practice runs

Thanks. I've answered your question on your own thread. If you got any Fanatec-related question feel free to drop a PM as I can't read all forums to answer the questions.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG