Here are the official results for our top5:

Pos: Team: Pts: Pts last race: Team:
1 Hyperdrive unlimited 18106 1286 HAM VET RBR RBR Tot
2 Rets Racing. 17800 1476 WEB VET RBR RBR Tot
3 Team Turbo 17372 1264 BUT VET McL RBR She
4 flashpointers 17352 1367 BUT ALO RBR RBR Tot
5 Souza Racing 17267 1138 HAM VET McL RBR Tot

http://www.f1racemanager.com/

The 4th year of LFS F1 manager game starts! We have won this competition 2 times out of our 4 tries and when the going gets tough, the tough get going! All we need is YOU.

The game is free. It doesn't take much time and it adds A LOT of excitement into watching the races. You will be cheering up for drivers and teams you hardly cared about before this.

The best sub league wins 6 F1 team caps. We (LFS sub league) have won this 2 times.

To get going:
1. Register on the site
2. Go to the Edit profile tab and put this info in to join our LFS BF1 2011 season:

Private subleague name: LFS BF1 2011
Subleague Password: [Follow this link for the password]

Small how-to
Short version.
- Remember to bet.
- Remember the bonus questions.
- make sure you have a full team, ie. two drivers, chassis, engine and fuel
- read the rules: http://www.f1racemanager.com/faqrules.asp

Long version
- read the short version above
- try to find a balance between performance and reliability. Having one good item and all other bad ones might be good for points if that one item finishes the race. With more scattered approach you might score just as much points but again the chances are that not all those items finish the race so choose wisely.
- If you still go with the fully balanced approach notice that you will have to change more items in your team during the first races. If you have one good item it is also easier to change the worse items due to their price and broker fees.
- look at the points tables before making the team. The option to choose the best fuel from the start might be be tempting but if you look at the points, a little better driver might just get that amount of points. Updating the fuel to better is cheaper and easier later on.
- if you want to go for the win you may want to keep the results on notepad or excel
- there is a bonus question between every gp. Try to get it right for more dough.
- every once in a while check this thread for new information.
reserved.
I'm in.

LTF1 as usual.

Got my team done as well.

Chasis: Toro Rosso
Engine: Force India
Fuel: Shell
Driver 1: Jerome d'Ambrosio (Vir)
Driver 2: Jarno Trulli. (Lot)

Hoping for a strong Toro Rosso this year. Probably should also get their engine.
Just joined. Have to remember to play this year.
Quote from DevilDare :I'm in.

LTF1 as usual.

Got my team done as well.

Chasis: Toro Rosso
Engine: Force India
Fuel: Shell
Driver 1: Jerome d'Ambrosio (Vir)
Driver 2: Jarno Trulli. (Lot)

Hoping for a strong Toro Rosso this year. Probably should also get their engine.

good choice, my team: Romboy Racing

Chasis: T128 (Lotus)
Engine: Renault RS27-2011 (Lotus)
Fuel: Total (Ren, RBR, Lot)
Driver 1: Timo Glock (Vir)
Driver 2: Jarno Trulli (Lot)

Lotus looking quite good so far, hope they'll earn some points this season and'll be one of the best newcomers again, like in last season (probably they arent newcomers anymore, but still a fresh team)
I'm in.

Current team..

Driver 1: Buemi (STR)
Driver 2: Trulli (Lot)
Chassis: T128 (Lotus)
Engine: RS27-2011 (Lotus)
Fuel: BP (Wil, His, Vir)
#7 - J@tko
Team Top Gear

Driver 1: Di Resta
Driver 2: Glock
Chassis: STR
Engine: Lotus [that is the Renault in the back of the Lotus, not the Renault in the back of the, errr, Lotus Renault ]
Fuel: Petronas
Haven't done anything with excel yet but str or force india seem to be in their own class. Both should be firmly in the mid pack . Plus force india finally got rid of liuzzi.

Lotus looks unreliable, virgin is slow and hrt cars are probably slower than the trucks the other teams use to transport their stuff.
I'm in, I just need to remember to go on there.

Team: Gekko State

Driver 1: Timo Glock
Driver 2: Jarno Trulli
Chassis: STR6 (Toro Rosso)
Engine: RS27 (Lotus)
Fuel: BP
Joined, I think STR might be a good bet early on, at least until you can get a proper Sauber setup.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Have to remember to play this year.

Quote from LineR32 :I'm in, I just need to remember to go on there.

If you have trouble remembering this you can get email updates about this thread by going here:
http://www.lfsforum.net/subscr ... bscription&folderid=0

And tick the box on the right hand side and then choose daily updates from the drop down menu below. That way you get notifications about new posts. Makes it hard to forget

Doing this can help you remembering the bonus questions too.
Team Turbo signed up .
Thanks Hyper
Team: Manne madmans

Driver 1: Algersuari
Driver 2: Kovalainen
Chassis: T128 (Lotus)
Engine: Cosworth CA2011 (Virgin)
Fuel: Total

I'm in too
#15 - Uke
Quite alot of people there already : P
18 people already. Couple more and we have 20!

Everyone who is thinking about competing better think quick. The season looks to be an interesting one and the game has some nice characteristics which means you can't win it just by doing well in the first race like in every other f1 manager game.
I've joined!
Bump.

We

want

more

people

!

We have 20 people now. Let's make it 30!
I have joined and made a crap team:

Team: Team 7up Racing

Driver 1: Algersuari
Driver 2: d'Ambrosio
Chassis: STR6 (Toro Rosso)
Engine: Ferrari 056 (Toro Rosso)
Fuel: Mobil 1
Better make the bets for some extra money if you guess it right! You can do it later but it is easy to forget
Also in
And the season is about to start. Finally!

I'm taking some risks with my team, fingers crossed. Also, no question this time?
So the two first practises have been run now.

I'm putting some numbers into my excel and so far the combo of:
glock
kovalainen
str
str
shell

seems to be giving the best points along with the 4M extra. I think the renault are holding back a tiny bit which will make the shell fuel a bit more worthy than it is now. Lotus and virgin are defenately not taking the fight to the mid field but I'd expect at least virgin to 100% finish the race. And lotus may finish close enough the next "real team" that the risk of little bit extra cash may be worth it. And taking one of both kind of divides the risk for me. HRT is wrthless imho.

I think I'll watch the 3rd prac and then make some decisions.

Remember to make the bets. That's easily at least 600k or 800k per race! And it is not too late to join!
HRT won't make the race no matter what happens because they won't beat the 107% qualifying rule, Virgin are borderline too, if the teams decide to go quick in Q1 they are basically screwed. So it might be worth making the investment to get better drivers.
Sorry for not replying to the PM, Hyperactive. I haven't been on here for a few months, busy with other things.

Joined! LF1

Let the season roll!

F1 Race Manager 2011 Browser Game
(253 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG